Reviews for Down the Trodden Path of Destruction
CinqLuna chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
I... loss at words.. yeah sometimes dying wishes could be expressed without words.. I just... feels a funny in my heart. it hurts .. a lot. ;;;; good job there author
Watersapphire111 chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Thank you so much for this story and it's other companion story. Both were very thought out and realistic, and i loved them! The characterization was deep and i love the relationship between Roy and Edward. I think you really captured their love-hate problems :) Even though this wasn't a complete story, I think it was better that way, with the different scenes that still connected. Great story (Your others are amazing as well!) and keep writing!
Trudyann B chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Tragic, yet beautiful. It sort-of reminds me of that book-All is Quiet on the Western Front. It has the same wretched reality, y'know? I like the idea behind your ending. It's sad but true. Well written and very well conveyed.
SakuraCa chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
It was so sad...
HaltiOvi chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
I usually don't cry at sad endings in fanfics. There was one time I cried.

This was done so well, I was fighting the tears...I almost lost...

This was a magnificent story. It's going straight to my favorites.
xCrimsonxBlackxBloodx chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Um... Wow. That's really depressing, actually. Really well written and really descriptive, it helps the reader see what's happening more than just read it.

The characters and the changes that you put Edward through were reasonable and feasible, and makes one feel for the characters all the more - especially with that one cruelly ironic point... "Edward was true to his word. The next time he came face to face with an enemy soldier, Ed stabbed him in his guts before he could utter a single word."

Edward's death and the way the Colonel's thoughts were shown was just... (I'm at a loss for words here), and the ending, when Roy pretty much lied to Alphonse in his last promise to take care of things - that was so remarkably heart wrenching...

And, of course, I just had to have a song playing that's called "Even in Death". Go figure.

I bloody sad now, but that's a truly powerful piece of work you've got for yourself,

xCxBxBx
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Very nice. I certainly think you deserve more reviews for this, so I'll go ahead and give you one.

Very nice story overall. The plot seems like it should be almost cliche, but ironically enough people don't seem to consider it at all-and when they do, not correctly. Ed joined the MILITARY afterall, and all the military leaders love to claim time and time again that his age means nothing-he's considered an adult. And adult soldiers will go to war. Of course, at heart Ed is still just a child, so he would be bound to have difficulties with warfare.

I was looking for a plot like this on This fic exactly fit the "specs" I was looking for, to a T. Very satisfactory, so it's going straight to my favorites list.

Characterization is beautiful. Ed and Roy are fantastically in character. Roy still acts arrogant and superior but, underneath that is his more guardian-like or paternal personality. Despite his actions, he's still looking out for the kid...just subtly. Ed seems in character as well, and it's understandable he'd be nervous, and adjust rather badly to warfare considering his age and ideals.

Writing style is nice. It's brief and to the point, but with enough description to add a nice flavor. Rather relfective of of the situation, since warfare is anything but pretty and poetic. The 'bits and pieces' scenes are nice too...they don't flow seamlessly together but give enough small images to construct the big picture. Nice touch.

Especially loved that Ed doesn't actually give any instructions at the end. It's almost cliche, when they manage to choke out their final requests or orders or feelings oh-so-romantically before falling unconscious, and then dying. Here, you have Edward still uncertain and confused at the end, and Roy takes the situation into his own hands. Both touches I enjoyed immensely. It left a nice ending, too. I was curious about Roy's surprisingly calm reaction to the death at first, but upon reflection it seems like it would fit him in midbattle. He seems the type to reflect on it later, once it's over.

My one nitpick is that there were some instances when the tense changed rather suddenly and unexplainably, which was a little distracting. But considering you have a fine mastery of the English language, this didn't bother me very much, as I was able to overlook it in favor of the better qualities.

Very nice job. Loved it.

Velkyn Karma
jenelric chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
that was amazing! your really good at writing this kind of stuff! awesome job! (damn im crying...so sad *sniff*)
phil chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
amazing write more
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
A very powerful ending, I must say. It's been a long time since I last read a story from this fandom, seeing that I'm not so big on FMA anymore, but still, the last few paragraphs brought a tear or two to my eyes. I really liked the atmosphere of this fic, the emotions you put into it, and especially Ed's unsuccessful attempts (both earlier and later) to formulate his last will.

I guess I'm not going to remove you from my 'author alert' any time soon. ;) Please, keep writing!
kayter chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Love. That's all.

Love 'Kill or be Killed'. Love this. Love you.

It's just as perfect as the other one.

Please continue with the, as you said, “Ed goes to war ” idea, because you're a godness writing about that
Rayar chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
o_o" I can't believe that you ended the story like this! Poor Ed... 'Tis a sad story... but still good. Keep it up!