Reviews for Love Is Not Four Letters
Zellarius Burvenia chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Poor Bergan. He's only in a handful of scenes in FFXII, and is portrayed as a heartless conqueror - more of a Cortez or a Pizarro than anything else.

And yet, in a single story, you've added an entirely new dimension to his character, and one that makes perfect sense. Indeed, there would likely be little room for romance in the life of a Judge Magister - and while he might pretend not to care, it's emotionally tortuous for him to maintain the charade, and impossible to do so alone.

Which, come to think of it, quite effectively puts his warmongering tendencies in context. What better way to distract oneself from nonessentials than by devoting one's full being to their perceived purpose? Looking back at his death on Mount Bur-Omisace, it's enough to make one wonder what was going through his Mist-tainted mind in those last desperate moments.

And it's enough to make me regret that chain of Quickenings I so mercilessly decimated him with. Which, in my opinion, is the mark of a masterfully written character tragedy. You've outdone yourself once again.
Durrest chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Judge Zecht wins!

:D

I never knew Judge Bergan could be this sentimental...of course to a degree, when he doesn't realize it.

Bergan needs Post Secret...If you know what that is.

xD

You're a very good writer.
vieralynn chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
The last sentence in the first paragraph hooked me. And then the amazing ride began. Damn, this was good. And this look inside Bergan was...wow.

Bergan was the one character I found just plain, well, *yucky*, and I love how you decided to dissect his way of thinking. My favorite part was the section about the anthropologist at Draklor.
hk0 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
I love this.

The Archadian empire, its Rulers and its Judges; you have made them my favorite characters of all Ivalice.

It is perculiar that the most interesting stories being written in the fandom right now concern marginal characters or the antagonists.

Happy Valentine's Day...
The Blearing Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Your words are quite powerful and the structure of your sentences are just so precise and so well calculated that it's highly admirable. I love the fact that you used Judge Bergan as the subject of your story and I loved that you used a usually indescribable emotion - love as the theme. This story was wonderful and bitter, sort of like semi sweet chocolate, it leaves a bitterness on your tongue after you swallow it.

All I can say is that, this was inspiring, and that Bergan was shown in a dimmed light full of contemplation, strategy, and a disregard for affectionate human emotions such as love. He looks upon love as a mere emotion that comes with courting females and he studies it like a science. That in itself makes him eccentric and it drew me in when I read it.

You made Judge Bergan believable and realistic and you made him tolerable. So I liked that, alot.

Keep writing and keep improving.

- TBP
BaschLuvva chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Wow. You write with such..amazing words! I love seeing people write about Bergan
Nana chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
This was beautful.

You're a Godsend.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
My god, your writing continues to completely undo me. I honestly think you might just be the most coherant and powerful writer in all of the FFXII fandom now! I mean, the sheer power you manage to invest in such a minor character we know so little about, the sheer sense of hopeless loss and yearning, the full dignity and weight of history that you invest all yur characters with... It's marvelous, just marvelous. I can't wait to read more on the Archadian empire from your pen.