Reviews for The Life Pursuit
coffeelove chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Okay, I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of NaruIno but the way you wrote this is just beautiful and I just love it.
Shinoburedo chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This is so witty, and well-written, and bittersweet. Because becoming an adult is never easy, somewhat depressing, but has its good sides, right?
s chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
There is no logical comprehension for how beautiful I find this. Eternally. Endlessly. Please don't stop writing.
freakin'cute'blonde chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
So I was very confused many times, but i gotta give it to you your writing style is amazing. I was stunned. I probably just have to read it again sometime. So please continue to write like that. I haven't seen anyone write like this.

You described the characters really well, I think they stayed in their role.

Hope you will keep on writing fantastic stories.
Le Requiem chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
your writing style is freaking AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFULLY HAUNTINGLY AWESOME.
wildcatt chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
"Sunbright", what a lovely word - used so capably, too. Your writing is steady and elegant. Pretty, but not in the easy, superficial way - it's thoughtful and weighted. I like your characterisations too, they are slanted somehow, different, but still believable and very interesting. It makes me happy to read your Ino. There are not enough good writers who deal with her fairly, who capture both her roughness and her generosity.
Nukumi chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
The only feedback you'll be getting from me is praise; there's so many good lines in here I can't pick a favorite. To be concise, I very much enjoyed your characterizations of all of them and how descriptive and detailed your style is.
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Very funny. I like the lists and "facts" that interrupted the start of the narrative, and think you should have continued that way further.

Naruto: Jiraiya would be proud. Letting a woman get to him to the point of stalking! I think he was a bit ooc here, but that's not a bad thing, I *wish* he could blame all his problems on Sasuke and use guilt trips and feel sorry for himself; it would make him more realisti as a character. As it stands now, he'd never do any of those things. The closest he ever got to blaming another person for his problems was when he punched ghost!Minato in the gut. I can't see him getting that obsessed over a girl either (*remembers scene in which Naruto tied up Sasuke, henged into his form, struk up conversation with Sakura and nearly kissed her in Sasuke!Form*) ok, yeah, I can. Scratch that. Being obsessed with girls is not oo at all...

Sakura: love the House reference! Favorite Coma guy is a House reference, right? Unless it's a Scrubs reference, in which case I like it even more! I love how she's willing to help Naruto even though she knows it's wrong, and her Hermione-like sense of priorities ("we may even get killed! Or worse, expelled!" "I wouldn't do that to him! And I could lose my medical license!")

Kiba: Got the best lines, always hit the mark (especially about Sai! The description was so perfect!), acted like a total dog, and was in general completely in character.

Note; Sakura/Kiba pairing makes me sick to my stomach a bit. Kiba, as written here, I'd believe he'd sleep with anyone. But I thought Sakura had *standards*. And if she's so willing to be with someone so wrong for her, why'd she reject Naruto all these years? *shakes head* it just doesn't make sense!

Shikamaru: withholding info for power trip, maybe, sleep walking through class, definately, refusing to help a friend in pointless romantic exploits, yup, probably. Smoking? Never. Got that out of his system when he buried Hidan alive and in pieced deep underground. In anycase, if you do write a sequel, I'd love to see Naruto pull a feat of revenge on him involving a certain kunoichi from Suna. He was a jerk. ;)

Ino: still not sure what to think. She wants people she needs to save? Naruto does not need saving? Huh? If she wanted to take on projects so much, why'd she stop Naruto in that town? (*to save him from his unnecessary over-involvement in a huge mess*). Well, then, what led her to believe he no longer needed saving? Messed up, dysfunctional pairing, beautifully written! :D

Please respond back to this review via email or PM and let me know how off the mark I was in my evaluation!

Oh, and thanks for the story!
dzad chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Well, I wanted to like your story... But it get's so vague and disassocciated from the plot. Some of the humor is on the verge of being funny. I hope to someday run across a rewrite of this piece... Good Luck.
Plus-44 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
holy shit that was amazing. it was soo good i actually signed in to review so i could favorite this

damn i mean like pessimistic kinda, but still great work. i was kinda surprised at ino's attitude, but i guess the heart wants what it wants.
Tildessmoo chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
I find myself slightly confused by this one, but maybe I'm just empathizing with Naruto too thoroughly. Regardless, an interesting analysis of this version of a NaruIno relationship.
Don't Use Anymore chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Wow, really sweet and funny
Coco-Minu chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
From this end, I got the impression Ino was raped or something too. But even so, I really liked this. The idea of it was great, and Naruto is brilliant.
NowYouWantMe123 chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
This was goo-

Wow...

You seem like a kick ass writer!

Good One Shot!

Kiss,Kiss

Now-You-Want-Me123
Starriecat chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
WAAH that was so good, incredibly hilarious (you have the most intelligent sense of wit I've ever seen, btw), but at the same time, at the end I kind of wanted to cry. Or maybe it was when Sakura broke the news about Sasuke to Naruto (JEEZ GREAT TIMING GIRLFRIEND). WAH Naruto's really growing up. D: ...And finding about KibaxSakura didn't help him much either. XD But yeah, still, an unusual, unexpected yet kinda perfect ending. :3 Great job, hunny. heart