Reviews for Children of the Cobb
Bondubras of Devoncroix chapter 15 . 12/1/2013
Okay. Just WHY in the world have you not updated this in 3 years? That is a long time to keep such an evil cliffhanger!
Updates would be much appreciated!
-Maelstrom
USAFChief chapter 15 . 5/23/2013
In 2005 you said that you often go long stretches without updating stories. Well this one hasn't been updated in three years, so I'm guessing you're either dead or don't care. However, I'm going to "follow" both you and this story just in case you shake off whatever it is that's got you on hold.

There are an awful lot of pretty good Firefly stories here on FFN that are incomplete, and that's a real shame. Since the FOX network cancelled Firefly before it should have been, one would think that true fans would not take the same course and stop something before it is finished. Yep...I'm saying that you are no better than the FOX network if you don't finish this. Unless you're dead, of course. In which case you shouldn't worry about finishing it. On the other hand, since you just posted some Harry Potter go se, I guess you just gave up on this.

Anyway, I think you really did a good job on this. I like it a lot and I wish you would complete it.
LadySnape88 chapter 15 . 12/7/2012
Oh please please please tell me you've got something in you to finish this! I'm hooked and gotta know what's gonna happen!
Iseult of the Snows chapter 15 . 11/27/2012
Hey, I really like your story. Are you ever gonna finish it? I hope you do, because ending on that was just EVIL.

Usually I hate OC stories (especially about children) but you have done a very good job of giving everyone an individual personality and time to shine while also avoiding the Dreaded Mary Sue. If you do keep going I have one request: please give more time to the original crew. Keep the focus on the kids, by all means, but I really want to see more interactions between the kids and the crew. Especially River and Jayne. I really don't feel you have given enough weight to their characters, Jayne is after all their father and River went to some trouble getting them on the ship (even reading a book about step-mothering, which was HILARIOUS). One of my favorite scenes was when River was comforting Hunter.

Also, while I really love your characterization of Jayne's family, with their addition things are getting a little confusing. You have so many characters it's a little overwhelming and I ended up having to create my own glossary of who is who. Maybe you could provide the readers with a quick family tree or something?

Still, great job and I really hope you continue.
ahbuggrit chapter 15 . 10/26/2012
Whoa... That was some end-of-chapter revelation... and all I can think is, 'bitch'. Granted, she was an addict, but she did not care one iota for her son - she's disgusting. I kind of hope that Dana never finds out she is his mother.
This is one of the few fanfics with prominent original characters that I like - your characters interact well, and are quite rounded. I actually LIKE them (and I'm not too partial to OCs).
I would like to see more interaction between Jayne and his kids, as well as River as a mother figure (since they got off the ship, we're seeing less of the rest of the crew). For some reason, I'm also hankering to see River fighting (I don't really know why).
Keep up the fantastic work - I cannot wait to see how you develop the plot further and what the outcome will be :D
Violet Temperance chapter 15 . 5/12/2012
Love the story so far, is sally gonna b a replacement teacher for a bit? That would be kinda funny... what an ending to the chapter too! Can't wait till the next update!
eb chapter 15 . 5/4/2012
Such a great story and such well developed characters

Really hope there will be more and more Rayne
Tenshi Chupip chapter 14 . 4/23/2012
I usually don't add a story to my alerts that hasn't been updated for so long but I can't help it with this one. Its a fantastic story and I hope you find the inspiration to finish it.

Chupip
SarahMDillon chapter 2 . 3/7/2012
Serenity is being over run by children. May the Shepherd's good and fluffy Lord have mercy on them.
SarahMDillon chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Jayne is going to just number his kids. No way in the 'Verse is he going to keep ten kids names straight. Mal is so not going to be happy if they all show up. Kaylee and 'Nara like kids thay can take care of them.
SpaceHead3 chapter 15 . 2/26/2012
hey good story are you going to update?
The Layman chapter 15 . 2/1/2012
Ok, this is undoubtably the best Firefly piece of fanfiction I've ever read; everyone was in character, the OCs were beleivable and grounded, the dialogue was canonical (meaning the Chinese), and about a million other things that made this seem like Fox actually kept the show around. I didn't even mind so much that it was a "happily ever after" story where everyone got married and had kids.

If you ever plan on continuing it, do it soon, please.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 7 . 11/18/2011
So far wonderfully entertaining with very engaging characters and great voices. I look forward to reading more!
CJ chapter 15 . 10/6/2011
Wooow! I mean wooooooow! what an ending! Legs is Mouses mum. 0

That is such a mean place to stop writing! I mean shes Mouses mum! not to mention the rest of the chapter. Hunter made a bomb and that Hun-dan doctor not hiring Ace. Sally's gonna end up teaching isn't he. What did he do to make the bitch leave? The whole Mouse Sally interaction aboutcharades was fun and I liked the story about Jayne sleep walking. but gose SHES MOUSES MUM! Please write more I have to find out if she tells him and how Sally's classes go.
CJ chapter 13 . 10/5/2011
Go Mouse! Show that Hun-dan whats on. XD I love this story its sao much fun1 I really wan't someone to muss up Gideon's face, he's such a jerk. I kinda wish that you would have let Petra shot him -sign- well maybe later! 3