Reviews for The Hardest Thing You'll Ever Learn
MistyEyes chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
My goodness, that was GOOD. Very interesting and completely plausible, too!
Riana1 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
This is why I read you. Charactization that bleeds, bites, and burns through the screen into my dreams.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
I really enjoyed seeing all of the events over the years from Bobby's pov. I like his character a lot. Well done, too. It was good to see the progression and change in feelings over time.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Heartwarming - that's the best description of this little story told through the years of Bobby's interactions with the Winchesters. Liked your interpretation of the "falling out" that we know John had with Bobby - just seems fitting that it would be Sam going to Stanford. The repetition of "not your fault" really resonates the the feelings of both Sam and Dean, always taking the blame when they shouldn't. This was a warm and touching view into a man I really like in this series. And yes, he does come across as a very practical man. Thanks for sharing this with us.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
I didnt think i would like the little stories making a big story...but I really love bobby and you did a good job and I really liked it. I like that bobby and john's parting words were about sam ...good job
Yasuko08 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
I really liked the story. You did a good job in getting the characters down. I can see all that you had happen. Keep up the good work.
Harrigan chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Very satisfying!
Evergreene chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Loved it! This was a wonderful backstory to the connection between Bobby and the Winchesters, I can totally imagine every scene in this happening, and it was beautifully written too. Brilliant!
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Really well written, insightful view into Bobby's head. Enough angst to keep me interested, and the look into an "insider's" outside take on the Winchesters was riveting. Thanks and please write lots more.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
I can't tell you enough just how amazing this so deeply reflective and moving story was. Twenty years of watching those boys grow up, watching a driven John lose himself, was so eloquently put across. Finally ending it with Bobby being able to save the brothers, to save Sam, because he had seen all these changes and knew those boy so deeply, seriously loved the boys, that he could judge and see the wrongness when the demon-Meg presented its self. Great story telling. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
barkeep chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
“Now I know you don’t really think that,” Bobby said, calmly retrieving the pencil. “Your momma didn’t know any of this stuff, and she sure as hell wasn’t saved by being ignorant.”

Wow, that line sucker-punched me, in a good way, mostly.

:-)

Great story all around, thanks for sharing.
BeanButterfly chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
This made my heart ache. I adore Bobby, and I adore this story you've given him. It's so perfect. Thank you.
FaithfulLurker chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Loved it. It's goin' in my favorites.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
You are amazing! Your style is amazing. I really, really liked story.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2