Reviews for Small Miracles
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
I never in a million years saw this coming. I mean the twists you inserted the way as the story progressed it's like you truly started nailing the characters and then adding more of the other characters intwined in the story not just lee/kara (which they are main reason I read fic. Both characters got so short changed in BSG in the 4th season)

I loved BSG the show for what it was but I love these deeper mire character driven stories even more. I too would have loved to have seen a relationship work w the pilots even if it wasnt shiny happy or angst free. I never understood the Sam and kara or lee and dee thing. It was like a bad season of a soap opera. Kudos to the painless dispatching of Sam, thing is i did like Michael Trucco's acting and he did best he could with what he was given but the quadrangle thing and he and kara together was ridiculous. I would have rather they give him his own storyline if he was to be a regular. The whole 4th season w him in the tub and ugg. Anyway thanks to great folks such as yourself with these interesting ways it all COULD have been that is what Im hooked on. You have a great talent. I know you probably got burned out of writing this as it has been so long but thank u for sharing your work. I very much enjoyed it. You made me cry! I don't often do that reading! Take care!
precious831 chapter 30 . 9/1/2014
Outstanding writing and character/plot development. Wow but you do angst very well you had me twisting and tearing up. I could not believe it. You actually WENT there down that dark road and you wrote it with reality and compassion and keeping the players in character. It was riveting but tough to read. You also paced it well bringing them out of all of that darkness gradually. I didn't think it was sudden at all. Also believable was the last chapter interaction. Just because they healed from that tragedy the scars remain and the dynamic between each other changed. Very cool to see you harken back to her comparisons of him not having issue to send her on missions before so why would he now and him having a hard time explaining. Her outburst reaction? Perfect. It goes to show this could have worked in canon. Lots of interesting turns and twists to have been had with this type of storyline. I love fact also that when they thought she died Lee couldn't let her stuff be auctioned. I thought in the show the fact it was mentioned her stuff was auctioned and Helo got it back for her was just so out of character. I couldn't see Lee or Adama or Helo letting her stuff get auctioned. Glad you didnt go that route. Loved he kept the picture. I truly wish they had a story as you did in which it was the Cylons that took Kara giving off illusion she exploded and died. That would have provided so much more plot possibilities and turns versus the corner they were painted into with the direction they went. The whole "walking dead angel" thing got more and more complicated. Anyway...this was amazing and took up a good bit of my weekend much to my friends' chagrin ;)
precious831 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
How did I miss this?! I read some of your shorter stories and really enjoyed. Sorry I dont always sign in to review. I LOVE epic long BSG fics. I have found I love AU BSG fiction even better than the ones that follow true to canon. (That may be partly because i felt a bit ripped off by canon but mostly I think it's so fun to read these other universes and plots people create. I hope to read more of this I noticed it didnt say complete. Despite that I cannot wait to jump in and read. Thanks for sharing your work!
CloudyDream chapter 30 . 6/28/2013
this was very well done and entertaining, shame there isn't more. kudos!
Decorinne chapter 30 . 10/7/2011
Wow. It's 3:58 am and I have to be up for work in less than 3 hours - but I don't even care (who needs sleep to practice medicine on small children anyways ;) ) because this was so good! You are honestly the most talented, imaginative writer I've ever read in the Battlestar universe. I really hope you continue to write - though I suppose I shouldn't hold out too much hope considering the lag between the last update and now... but in any case - just wow - this is where you shine :)
Aliennut chapter 30 . 8/28/2011
I know it's been forever since an update was done but this is one fantastic story. Absolutely beautiful.
ears chapter 30 . 12/15/2009
This is a wonderful story, rather sad to see it just stop.. but alas that is life. I thought I'd read it before (Which I have) and couldn't remember if there was an ending as I read through. Great character interaction, very believable, Great job!
G23-Paxilion chapter 30 . 4/23/2009
It's a real shame that you decided to abandon this story because it really has an interesting plot, with great characterisations.
Airam4u chapter 26 . 10/20/2008
Do you know how hard of a time I had to rediscover this story? I remembered key words of it and was finally able to find it! So when you going to update again :)
i read online chapter 30 . 9/19/2008
I just found this story and have really enjoyed it! I'm sorry I didn't stop to review each chapter, but couldn't help but keep going. Maybe the next time I read it. :) As for this chapter, I think you did get the character's voices - the tension comes through as does the vulnerability... serious attempts at self-preservation through hiding. “You weren’t a mother before!” was a really well-placed and striking line. I'm glad you had Lee follow Kara, and I like how you had her reference their baby's due date... time doesn't stop and thinking of where a loved one would be now and how that'd change our lives is so much part of how we work. I like how you have them take turns being the vulnerable one, the one to reach out to the other. Do you have the rest of the story plotted? I imagine so because there's so much continuity in the whole story; it's hard to imagine that you are writing chapter by chapter with no idea what is coming. I look forward to reading more!
DramaLexy chapter 30 . 6/23/2008
I just rediscovered this story and am very much looking forward to the next chapter.
Starbuck2785 chapter 30 . 6/20/2008
*cries* Love this. Update again soon. :)
Maggie Moony chapter 30 . 6/3/2008
I'm exicted to see what you where you will go with this.
adara13 chapter 30 . 5/21/2008
Aww, I just found this story and I love it! So much fun to read!
fandomorama chapter 30 . 5/12/2008
aw adorable!

i love this story! please keep writing it!

i want to see how it goes.

I loved the little fight, poor Adama needing to have a drink after getting to know too much detail

LOL

keep going! this is so damn catching!