Reviews for History of Violence
angel679 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Jeesh just cut my friggin heart out. I so hate for something to be in pain cause I know I don't have the balls to do what Dean did. I swear my heart is torn into tiny little pieces by the end of each season, each show and each story for that boy.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
It was a sad story, but you did a good job capturing the moment.

Dean did the right thing, as did Sam comforting the woman.

The line that stood out for me was when Dean thought, 'When the time finaly came, Sam would live to see a new dawn, Dean would make sure of it.'

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
Cali chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Wow this was great. poor dean i guess this really put things into perspective for him. great job i thought it was really good.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Hmm...loved it. Dean was...hmm.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Very very sad, and really powerful. This fits so well into the series and shows the depth that Dean must feel, and will most likely never voice, about his promise to Sam. Thanks!
amy jonas chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
You never cease to amaze me with your ability to write. This just tugged at my heart. The dear dying was so real and I empathised with it and Dean. very sad and shows just how much the weirght of responsibility is weighing on dewan's shoulders.

Hugs

amy
calcium77 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
kind of unusual that you beat up a deer instead of Sam. Poor Deer. Sniff...nice story though...sniff.
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Oh man... what a simile for what these boys are going through. I love the juxtaposition of it, the parallels it creates to Sam's pleas with Dean, and Dean's sacrifice in making the promise.

Dean's words of assurance to the deer right before he killed it had me tearing up. I love how in the end, despite he decision that Sam would be saved, he still had to be merciful to the deer. It gives me the creeps, to think that one day it could be Sam. (Though they'd never do that on the show, but Sam'n'Dean don't know that)

This is an excellent tag that stands on it's own as well - and that's a hard thing to do. Nice work.
ridley chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Wow. This was such an original way to have Dean thinking about his promise. So gut wrenching and real. And we know Sammy is so deer-like. Sigh. Beautiful job.

Ridley
Wicked Game chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
- you drew a great parallel. Your stories always manage to impress me. I cannot believe you've written close to a hundred fanfics without losing quality. It takes me way to long to pen my thoughts. As always, fantastic job.

Cheers
stealthyone chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Nicely done. Good use of a nonsupernatural event to look deeper into the huge, looming issue the boys are facing. Poor Dean having to play executioner, even if it was a mercy killing. And yeah, the parallels to Sam's situation would definitely be sobering for him.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
That was nice - very poignant.
Shinigami061 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Oh...that was good. Scary and something I don't want to think that Dean will ever have to do, but amazing. Keep up the great work!

Shinigami06