Reviews for A Bard's Tale
Adriel Reed chapter 8 . 8/10/2007
This story was good all around. I apologize about not reviewing the other chapters. I took the entire story in one sweep. It was short, but it tied together the loose ends very nicely. There are still a few spelling errors lingering out, but it's nothing that truly takes away the attention from the story. This is a good story, and I enjoyed reading it a lot.
truegold-dragonstar chapter 6 . 3/13/2007
I KNEW that guy's story was too good to be true...

Your story is still going strong. I really like the romance, and it's nice you update so regularly, as well. The only thing I would say is that your speech is still really quite stilted. Try contracting 'I am' 'it is' 'you are' and the like just to make it seem more informal, chatty and friendly, when the characters are talking to their friends.

truegold-dragonstar chapter 4 . 3/1/2007
I'm still really liking your main character, and Belfire is definitely an addition to the plot, but you need to be a bit careful about rushing things. She's been travelling with this party for three days, or however long it is now, but I still don't know anything about them except their names. Blazewind's a bard, she's perceptive and interested in people - why haven't I heard the observations she'd made about these people over that time? SLOW THINGS DOWN and give me more description of places and people.

Is everyone except Belfire going to vanish from the story at this point? If this is the case, think very carefully about whether you needed them in at all.

Incidentally, the more I hear about Jamis, the more I like him. Which is good, because I'm becoming more and more interested in avenging his death.

Good luck!

Pinewoodpine chapter 2 . 2/23/2007
What is a story without love? Sad but true. Sad Blazewind...

Anyway, here's my comments:

1) Several spelling errors. Nothing much.

2) Wonderful story telling, that was for sure. Annette is cute though. Wahaha...

I would like to read more about this... please?
truegold-dragonstar chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
This is quite a decent beginning. I'm glad your character is afraid of something, since I'm really fed up with perfect characters!

The only thing I would ask is - has everyone around her died in nasty ways? Why do I never see characters who have families hanging around somewhere? It's not believable that literally everyone she knew or cared for has vanished.

Also, PLEASE do something about your spelling and grammar! If you're not very good at this yourself, get a beta reader (I will do this if you don't know anyone) who can read through your stuff before you post it. It makes it so much easier to read and understand!

Good start though, keep going!