Reviews for Inherit
sammygirl1963 chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
Poor Dean, gets slapped for just wanting to have fun with his little brother. Wonder when John will start taking his frustrations out on Sammy.
Antigone11 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
"Never again, he swore."

And yet, the first line is "The first time his father hit him...", which obviously implies John hit him again. I can certainly believe that John's obsession could lead to the scene in your story. He wouldn't *mean to*, obviously, but it's easy enough to get annoyed with kids when you're NOT perpetually stressed out and 100% focused on finding the murderer of your wife. Being that he WAS, his filters on his behavior just wouldn't be strong enough to prevent striking out either verbally (i.e. Something Wicked) or even physically. I don't think John would out and out punch his kids, but a grab and a jerk? Unfortunately, I can belive that all too easily.

I find it interesting that Bobby, who we've seen be pretty patient with Sam & Dean, seemed perfectly serious about shooting John the next time he saw him. To me, that says a lot about how John interacted with the people in his life.
friendly chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
good job... keep it up
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
A second chapter just as intense as the first. John has slowly mutated in to the all consuming hunter that we know since the first chapter, not even letting his youngest birthdate cross his mind until reminded by his oldest. The fact that Dean has bought something in direct defiance to his dad express orders to buy shoelaces - and offers up a foam football for his brother and the joy it brought to the little boy really was not good for my mascara kiddo! And that defiance from Dean spills out into the two boys throwing the football without permission and John doing the unforgivable again - hitting Dean. You can only just wonder how many times those boys are going to do or say the wrong thing and John will explode again and repeat the cycle of violence and the profered apologies until there is nome left to give. Great chapter.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Oh my a WeeWinchester fic that has me already churning up emo here. John is a breaking man so soon after losing Mary, not coping well with the new tasks of demon hunting and being a single parent. Poor Dean bore the brunt of the man snapping and John's own reaction to what he had done was equally as distressing, but it is a path that once taken is hard not to do again as slapping his son like that is leaving more than a bruise on his skin. It gonna leave a mark for life.
The Silent Rumble chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
aweosme. loved it. can't wait for more. this is a good book.
SpookyClaire chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Aww! That was sad AND sweet! Amazing job!

-claire
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
You did a really good job of keeping John sympathetic in this story. You could definitely see this happening when the boys were kids, and I'm glad you didn't just make John an unfeeling scumbag! Good job!
Aimed mischief chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Aw, this was awesome! _
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Not really a fan of John abuse. But, it was a good story. Catch ya on the flip side.
The Silent Rumble chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
o, update soon.
renniespice chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
I like it alot! Will you be updating or is it a 1 chapter!
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Hey sweety

that was a lovely little piece, not overly done and yet very impactful and visual.

Well done