Reviews for Inherit
BelladonasMom chapter 5 . 8/18/2011
That really got to me. It fits so well within the cannon. All the things unspoken. Excellent!
frostfalcon chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Just going though some older stories and re-read this and wanted to say it was dark and well written, thanks for sharing it.
ChelseaWinchester chapter 5 . 6/28/2010
All things considdered. Nice Line. I enjoyed this story. He wasn't a bad father... My favorite part was the "Don't hurt me" part. My heart sank! :) -chelsea
greendaypumpkin chapter 5 . 3/29/2010
That was awesome, I know it's a couple of years old, but I thought you handled it really well, it was quite chilling as well. Good job!
destiny's time chapter 5 . 3/24/2010
i really like this. i do think this can fit within the bounds of canon.
The North Wyn chapter 5 . 3/22/2010
Oh, ouch! Wow. This literally hurt to read. Poor, poor Dean! I don't buy John as out-and-out abusive, as in beats the boys every night, but this does seem realistic to the show, if you know what I'm trying to say. I'm glad Dean stood up for Sammy in the end. And it's all the more tragic, because Sam doesn't know that Dean's saving him from his own fate. Wow. A very emotional piece, done very well.
HereForStressRelease chapter 5 . 2/26/2010
This story was so sad. I almost reminded me of all the things my dad used to do to my mom and sisters. I felt so bad for Dean. Just want to give him a big hug.
I-Get-Bored chapter 5 . 1/16/2010
Wow, that was so powerful... I mean not John friendly (but hey-ho ])

I love the progression & the way you made John not seem sadistic just angry, drunk and confused (which obviously isn't acceptable but more relaistic)

Well done ... this story gets my first review ever ! ... feel the love XD
TheMacUnleashed chapter 5 . 1/7/2010
Lovely piece. It's sad and it's dark, but you managed to keep it quite in-character as well.
Aebhel chapter 5 . 1/1/2010
Oh, God. Ouch. This great-horrible, but great-and I love your John POV here; he so obviously loves his son, but he doesn't know how to stop hurting him. And of course Dean just takes it-until it's Sam. This reads very true, and it would explain a hell of a lot about Dean.
NongPradu chapter 5 . 9/11/2009
You know I read this every now and then, just when the mood strikes me? It's such a great story, though obviously difficult to read because of the subject matter.

But your pacing is so perfect, the tone and feel of it so true to real life and to the show. And the saddest part of all is how damned plausible it is. I remembered thinking in that episode that Dean's reaction was kind of... I don't know, subdued? When Sam said that thing about being lucky they had Dad. Put something like this behind it and it rings so true I actually get goosebumps.

I don't think they'll ever admit to anything like this on the show, but Dean's damaged enough (and Kripke has left hints about Dean having the crappy self-worth that he does because he had John Winchester for a father) that I think you can fill in the blanks as you've done here and maybe be right on the money.

I hope there's a sequel in the mix? Not even sure what that would entail (I leave that to you and your muse). But you just handled the John/Dean dynamic so well, especially John's short fuse and then shock/horror over what he's done afterward and Dean's never-ending supply of forgiveness and understanding. He just soaks up ill-treatment on the show and ALWAYS forgives it with a heart full of love. So Dean forgiving John time and time again for little soul crushing moments like you've described is so true and in character it makes my heart bleed a little.

Just beautiful and bittersweet. I really, sincerely hope you'll do a sequel. It's been almost two years... Maybe it's time you dust this off and give us a bit of a recapitulation, huh? You know you wanna!
Melodious329 chapter 5 . 11/9/2008
Brilliant.
hitchcock-starlet chapter 5 . 10/1/2008
Aww. Your ending gave me chills. This was a really good story. I think it could have been drawn out a bit more, but your tale was told and it left a mark (no pun intended!) Thanks for sharing!
Slash4Femme chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
this is an extremely intense moving story, it explains Dean's character better then the show does.
Sybrant chapter 5 . 8/31/2008
This was brilliant! Poor Dean. This fits in so well with canon though that you cant help that wonder whether John did actually beat on Dean a little.

Please say a sequel is in the works where Sammy finds out and calls John on it...*offers lots of cookies*
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »