Reviews for Inherit
My Name Doesn't Matter chapter 5 . 12/21/2011
This. Story.

I've been looking around for good fics and damn did I find it here. Where do I begin?

First off, I'd like to congratulate you on how amazingly your story meshes with canon. Perfectly, fluidly, and eerily spot-on. The characters are true and never falter out. And by god my heart just about broke a million times in only five chapters. It's silly to be honest, I'm 21 years old sobbing like a child over the keyboard. But the way you write is so evocative and deeply emotional I can't say that I'd expect different. This was truly an amazing read.

I also have to tell you how stunned I am by how well you portrayed domestic abuse. It's not overdone as if John was some sadist, but it's cloying, dark, vague, and runs like an painful electric undercurrent in the tone of the story. There's no melodrama here, you don't play it up or ham it out. It's not cliche or troped. It's surprisingly normal, mundane. And for that it's all the more harrowing because it IS possible. It is true. And it's that grain of truth that chrystalizes this fic with such somber sadness.

God it was a beautiful story. Well written. Concise. Every word was there to forward the action or deepen the characters, no bullpucky words or filler. This is how writing should be done. And I loved how it lead up to the climax. Twisting darker and murkier and vaguer. Oh god did I love that. It's like how Lovecraft wrote The Old Ones, you know? The vagueness with only a few fed tidbits to the reader ensures that the reader creates the monster, and for that it's more personal, more terrifying, and more emotionally invested.

The work boots! Oh god. My eyes will surely run out of liquids at some point.

I sincerely hope that you conintue writing. Not just fanfiction. It would be a damned shame for you to never share this skill with the world. (Heck, maybe you already are a famous author, who am I to know if you are not?) Anyways, this was amazing. Thank you so much for posting it online for all to read, it was generous of you to share your art and I greatly appreciate it. I will have to continue on after this to read your other stories, and I eagerly look forward to any writing you do in the future.
wandamarie chapter 5 . 9/7/2011
WOW IT WAS A GOOD ONE
wandamarie chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
WOW IT IS A GOOD ONE THANKS
BelladonasMom chapter 5 . 8/18/2011
That really got to me. It fits so well within the cannon. All the things unspoken. Excellent!
frostfalcon chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Just going though some older stories and re-read this and wanted to say it was dark and well written, thanks for sharing it.
ChelseaWinchester chapter 5 . 6/28/2010
All things considdered. Nice Line. I enjoyed this story. He wasn't a bad father... My favorite part was the "Don't hurt me" part. My heart sank! :) -chelsea
greendaypumpkin chapter 5 . 3/29/2010
That was awesome, I know it's a couple of years old, but I thought you handled it really well, it was quite chilling as well. Good job!
destiny's time chapter 5 . 3/24/2010
i really like this. i do think this can fit within the bounds of canon.
The North Wyn chapter 5 . 3/22/2010
Oh, ouch! Wow. This literally hurt to read. Poor, poor Dean! I don't buy John as out-and-out abusive, as in beats the boys every night, but this does seem realistic to the show, if you know what I'm trying to say. I'm glad Dean stood up for Sammy in the end. And it's all the more tragic, because Sam doesn't know that Dean's saving him from his own fate. Wow. A very emotional piece, done very well.
HereForStressRelease chapter 5 . 2/26/2010
This story was so sad. I almost reminded me of all the things my dad used to do to my mom and sisters. I felt so bad for Dean. Just want to give him a big hug.
I-Get-Bored chapter 5 . 1/16/2010
Wow, that was so powerful... I mean not John friendly (but hey-ho ])

I love the progression & the way you made John not seem sadistic just angry, drunk and confused (which obviously isn't acceptable but more relaistic)

Well done ... this story gets my first review ever ! ... feel the love XD
TheMacUnleashed chapter 5 . 1/7/2010
Lovely piece. It's sad and it's dark, but you managed to keep it quite in-character as well.
154 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »