Reviews for Going Native
Difdi chapter 20 . 5/31
Actually, full impulse on a runabout is the same as it is for the Enterprise, and it's not three quarters of the speed of light.

When a Starfleet officer (such as a starship captain) calls for full impulse, the speed the ship acceperates to is twenty-five percent of the speed of light. That's not maximum speed, it's a cruising speed chosen as the best balance between maximum speed and relativistic time dilation effects. The last thing anyone wants is for a ship to take years to arrive, with the occupants only experiencing a few minutes.

The ships are physically capable of speeds of up to ninety percent of the speed of light, but runabouts will expend most of their fuel reaching that speed. Since warp 1 is exactly the speed of light and takes MUCH less power and fuel to achieve than almost-lightspeed using impulse drives, most ships go to warp instead.
Difdi chapter 2 . 5/30
Actually, Gaeta is either wrong about how Colonial FTL compares to warp drive (or the author is, heh).

Warp 9 gives a speed of about 1 light year every 5-6 hours. Most Federation ships have cruising speeds much slower than that.

A Colonial FTL jump goes about 5-6 light years for civilian ships, perhaps as much as twice that for military capital ships but it's hard on the engines. Cylon drives are about three times better than Colonial military drives, mostly due to having better navigation computers.

It takes 20-30 minutes between jumps to respool the jump drive (which is also about how long it takes to go from cold engine to jump). This makes a civilian Colonial jump drive about 50-60 times faster than Warp 9!

That is NOT comparable to a lower end warp engine.
a-d Pilot chapter 35 . 2/14
I disagree with them dying completely due to photon torpedoes. I'm guessing you did it to convince them to come to the bargaining table instead of building a larger army to invade with, but it seems unnecessary.

Still, it's your story.
a-d Pilot chapter 32 . 2/13
Kara grabbed him by the shirt. Reg could smell the alcohol on her breath. "You don't know what I would have done."

"No." Reg replied. "But you do. And you've already guessed what would have happened if he'd tried. No one would have believed him. They'd have laughed and called him crazy."

"He'd have been taken off duty and you would probably never of made it here."

"And that's the part which really infuriates you, isn't it. Knowing that help was so close, but even if it had revealed itself you'd have turned it away."

"That he'd have been a traitor to your people to speak up, and the only loyal thing he could do was remain silent, and keep leading you to safety."
quinn2219 chapter 39 . 10/25/2015
I like the story, but I find the adverbs grating to my brain.
VFR6 chapter 62 . 9/5/2015
Baltar got a mental/ghost BJob? A BJ FROM SIX? I want ONE!
Ruok chapter 33 . 9/3/2015
I thought that Felix was gay and had a boyfriend Hoshi from Pegasus.
Kaderos chapter 67 . 4/18/2015
The whole story is imaginative. It takes a character on BSG and mixes it with some ST:TOS series that in not really addressed in the new material. I think it was rather well done and really captures the struggle that the character goes through.
salamangkero chapter 67 . 4/8/2015
very entertaining story. thank you for sharing.
Major Diarr chapter 44 . 3/25/2015
I have to say, that's a brilliant twist on the Cylon social dynamic.
relguf chapter 67 . 1/22/2015
Wuved your work sir, I dont even know much about battlestar galactica, I came by by roundabout from the author jbern and his unfinished galactica fiction, you make me want to devour the series though.

I especially like the way you managed to hold the attention of the reader throughout the story even with limited action. Kudos.
mouse chapter 67 . 1/8/2015
Thank you! Just found this story and love it. Great portrayal of familiar characters.
The Sound Shaman chapter 27 . 9/24/2014
When I read fanfiction, I do it almost exclusively with Harry Potter fanfiction, or the occasional crossover with it, especially Dresden Files. I never thought that I would find an intriguing story which crossed an annoying if entertaining show (the remake of Battlestar Galactica) and an exceptional show, (Star Trek: The Next Generation) to fantastic results. This crossover has immense potential, but only because you wrote it well. A crossover of most science fiction canons with most others would usually be disastrous because of the idiocy and lack of talent of the author. but this story is not shit. It is entertaining and plausible and well written. I hope you've heard the song about "Captain Jean Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise"
shyd1 chapter 67 . 9/3/2014
Oh wow, I just wanted to read a few chapters that I remembered particularly liking, and I ended up spending all day...reading the entire thing again! Still loving this story!
Unfortunately, now I'm going to spend the rest of today with a Felix-fix!
Brian1972 chapter 67 . 7/14/2014
Sometimes a bit to much text about the same topic again and again. But the idea is wonderfull and the characters and their reactions are well played out.

I like the lost scenes at the end. The story could get the label complete (the fleet/the Admiral is there).
1,321 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »