Reviews for Going Native
Itsari chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Excellent story. I was very impressed with how well you merged the two "realities" into a cohesive universe. Thank you for the enjoyable read.
Taliath chapter 67 . 6/11/2009
Brilliant work. It took me forever to start, but once I did, I couldn't stop. It really was excellent. I do wonder what'll happen from this point forth.
Artemis1000 chapter 67 . 5/18/2009
What an amazing epic tale! Thank you very much for the enjoyable read. It's been quite an adventure!
Dugleik chapter 67 . 3/30/2009
You are awesome.
CrystalC chapter 67 . 3/28/2009
I read millions of fanfic just to find a gem like this one. Thank you for writing it! It's 1am, I've been reading this all day straight, and I'm still pumped and excited. Good thing it's Sat-, er, Sunday.

I love that you included the first meeting between BSG and Starfleet, along with Gaeta's confession. I does seem as though it wouldn't have fit at the beginning of the story, and I'm glad you placed it at the end, after the tale was done.

The beginning of you fic seemed to skip forward a bit, but the rest of it seems to be pretty linear. ) Wanted to get the background info over with so you could get to the good stuff? (Though, all of it was good. Your fic had me hooked from chapter one. I was at chapter eight before I looked to see how many more chapters before the fic ended and I couldn't read anymore.) Some of the differences in the earlier chapter endings and beginnings were jaring, and I was left with a feeling of incompleteness between a couple earlier chapters, but that faded as the fic progressed.
grayangle chapter 67 . 3/23/2009
Well that is one way for Kara to make the Statment. A nice little fill in you have here. Please keep on writing, well, anything and I will read it sooner or later.
Queen chapter 67 . 3/23/2009
lol, that last line is perfect. Oh Kara.

And one thing I thought might be a bit off. You have Gaeta saying that the Federation has 'a law about exposing societies that haven't contacted other sentient life to our technology.' - Unless I'm misunderstanding, it's not contact, it's the creation of warp drive (somebody has to be new societies first contact - better the Federation than the Romulans). I remember there being a TNG ep about it somewhere, where the Enterprise is working to establish a peaceful first contact with a planet that's just about to discover warp. Anyway, just a random bit.

Still loving the story. Still fun, still in character, still positive, and still all the other good things I've said in previous reviews. :)
skywiseskychan chapter 67 . 3/23/2009
No no, I think we prefer Frackking Earth. Its got more Umph to it.
JovianJeff chapter 67 . 3/23/2009
These are great 'missing scenes' to the piece. They show where everyone came from and got to the point we pick up in the beginning of this wonderful story. Character presentation is the highlight of this, everyone read as if from canon reaction. From the calm maturity of Picard, Crusher and Roslin (at times) to the intense emotions the Colonials seem to be known for throughout the nBSG series. This chapter does make me want to go back and start reading again, not because I forgot anything, or to check up to see how this matches, but this chapter resparks the kind of interest to want to ride this roller-coaster again. Thank you for writing this story!
WBH21C chapter 67 . 3/23/2009
GREAT Leave it to Starbuck to say it loud.
BlackLioness chapter 67 . 3/23/2009
Wow, you actually had me worried for Gaeta's well being for a moment, great chapter, very intense.

"And I think they prefer just Earth, as opposed to frakking Earth, Captain Thrace.”

This was priceless :)
Tiky3000 chapter 67 . 3/22/2009
Poor Gaeta. Maybe he should have announced he wasn't fully human. Shock their anger away.
archiev chapter 67 . 3/22/2009
Thanks for the update.
Desertcoyote77 chapter 67 . 3/22/2009
Still love the story and the way you made use of the characters. I have to admit, after this final season it was hard for me to sympathize with certain characters, but your writing made it pretty easy for me to get over it and immerse myself in your story. Great job and I hope to see a few more chapters!
alicelouise58 chapter 67 . 3/22/2009
Keep up the good work. I guess this would be the Alternate/Parallel Universe reality. In ST there are myriad realities. Why should it be different in nuBSG?

A sequel to "Going Native" might have some of the characters(cylons included)joining Star Fleet or becoming ambassadors to the Alpha Quadrant denizens. An example could be the cylon Leoben. One of his copies sees the Bajoran Wormhole and becomes a follower of the Prophets instead of his one God. Maybe, one of the characters could have a Risa vacation (Bill and Laura?). Gaeta could study Kohlinar on Vulcan(God knows he needs it).

Another intriguing plot could have a Romulan approachment of the 12 colonies. In ST lore the Romulans were kicked off Vulcan and were forced on a similar voyage as Galactica. They may have some mutual understanding, despite their regrettable first encounter.
1,413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »