Reviews for Going Native
Grizzmon chapter 11 . 8/3/2021
Yeah, they are centuries ahead of the Colonies tech.
Grizzmon chapter 10 . 8/3/2021
Ah the culture shock is gonna be terrible.
Grizzmon chapter 9 . 8/3/2021
Ah so he is Greek?
Grizzmon chapter 8 . 8/3/2021
Ah so he doesn't know how many times Gaeta got almost killed?
Grizzmon chapter 7 . 8/2/2021
Ah yeah, trauma, that old friend.
Grizzmon chapter 6 . 8/2/2021
Yeah, really horrible and petty people.
Grizzmon chapter 5 . 8/2/2021
Yeah, they found Earth, they get food and water and the war is over but they are still assholes at heart.
Grizzmon chapter 4 . 8/2/2021
Ah yes Religion... so bad for peace.
Grizzmon chapter 3 . 8/2/2021
Troi...maybe that was the wrong call.
Grizzmon chapter 2 . 8/2/2021
Well, nice to see the Galactica finally have a lucky break.
Grizzmon chapter 1 . 8/2/2021
That poor man... Such a horrible decade.
suzumiyaharuhi1 chapter 67 . 4/22/2021
This story is spiritually similar to 100 Days of Respite, a ST-ME crossover.
ashevre chapter 41 . 1/10/2021
I just wanted to tell you how good this story is. This is the third time I’ve read it; it’s become one of my comfort reads.

The use of Gaeta as Apollo’s grandson melds the two universes perfectly. The reactions on both sides (Colonials v Starfleet) are great. You do a really good job of picking which character reacts to each circumstance, showing how people and choices come across through a different lens. Reg is great and so true to character. The backstory and angst for Gaeta fits so well.

Just a really great job of giving every character believable motivations that drive them to their actions.
Neil chapter 67 . 12/11/2020
I've read through every chapter of your novel over the last two days (now my eyes hurt!), and I am very impressed! A few story and character inconsistencies (along with a couple missed words and misspellings), but nothing that can't be overlooked. I was able to read all the character dialog and thoughts in the voices I'm so familiar with, which shouldn't be surprising. You've definitely written a more believable story end than the one presented in the show. Somehow, the Thirteenth Colony departing, colonizing a far away planet, then degrading to the point of being early human just didn't cut it for me.
You've done a frakking good job here! Well done!
drtidrow chapter 65 . 12/2/2020
Roslin should have replied to Picard's last statement with, "Captain Picard, you have no idea"

:-)