Reviews for Going Native
ashevre chapter 41 . 1/10/2021
I just wanted to tell you how good this story is. This is the third time I’ve read it; it’s become one of my comfort reads.

The use of Gaeta as Apollo’s grandson melds the two universes perfectly. The reactions on both sides (Colonials v Starfleet) are great. You do a really good job of picking which character reacts to each circumstance, showing how people and choices come across through a different lens. Reg is great and so true to character. The backstory and angst for Gaeta fits so well.

Just a really great job of giving every character believable motivations that drive them to their actions.
Neil chapter 67 . 12/11/2020
I've read through every chapter of your novel over the last two days (now my eyes hurt!), and I am very impressed! A few story and character inconsistencies (along with a couple missed words and misspellings), but nothing that can't be overlooked. I was able to read all the character dialog and thoughts in the voices I'm so familiar with, which shouldn't be surprising. You've definitely written a more believable story end than the one presented in the show. Somehow, the Thirteenth Colony departing, colonizing a far away planet, then degrading to the point of being early human just didn't cut it for me.
You've done a frakking good job here! Well done!
drtidrow chapter 65 . 12/2/2020
Roslin should have replied to Picard's last statement with, "Captain Picard, you have no idea"

:-)
Starfox5 chapter 67 . 10/25/2020
Very nice story - I liked the blending of the two verses, and the way the focus wasn't on the altered past, but the sorting out of the present. Nicely done!
flint02 chapter 67 . 10/6/2020
This was my 3. time reading your story. It was always good and it just works. For me this is the best Crossover with Star Trek.
William chapter 1 . 7/6/2020
Only thing I would’ve added was when Gaeta’s mom referred to Galactica as a floating scrap heap in Adama’s presence, I can hear him plain as day in his calm voice of steel, “Admiral, these proceedings will go much easier if your people stop referring to my ship as a scrap heap.”
jessica.sanders589 chapter 2 . 1/29/2020
Let me tell you that I love this fic unconditionally and I've read it many times. However, the only flaw I've seen is that Riker wasn't trying to flirt with Roslin the minute he saw her.
davidiscoolya113 chapter 1 . 1/25/2020
davidiscoolya113
Species:human. origin: Gaia/Earth/soul. subspecies: hyper maxamus adaptus erectus hyper sapient overdrive break past limit evolutionus. galactic title: tari.
Shows show up: Stargate/Battlestar Galactica/MegaMan/MegaMan x/MegaMan zero/Deus Ex: Mankind Divided/Buffy the vampire Slayer/startrek all/blank/blank/blank/blank/blank.
Overide22 chapter 1 . 1/13/2020
Great story, thanks for sharing your writing.
Blackholelord chapter 62 . 4/13/2019
Oh the ending, what perfect ending. Nice modification of the series to suit this crossover universe.
shyd1 chapter 67 . 4/8/2019
Aaaaah I meant just to read the last three 'reveal' chapters because I enjoy those scenes so much but I ended up going back to the beginning and reading the whole thing again!
Not sleeping is tough, but kudos for a really enjoyable fic!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/13/2019
It's been over a decade since you started this, but, jumping straight into to the part where everyone knows was a bad idea. Building up to it would have been better.
IronHair chapter 67 . 9/3/2018
Rereading this after years and this was a FANTASTIC story & the way you got things together. Thank you!
A very heartfelt thanks for writing the initial meeting as well.
IronHair chapter 1 . 8/27/2018