Reviews for In Absentia
notisaidthefox chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
This is a beautiful, to-the-point story. You've got the personalities of the characters down just right, down to the smallest of things they see in Billy. I just recently watched Sacrifice-I cried terribly. I still think a better pairing would have been made with Billy and Dee; Dee and Lee's relationship seems too sudden and without chemistry in my opinion, but hey, that's what the writer's decided. But this is a really great, touching story-Laura's bit was my favorite. And Tory will never equal Billy, no matter how good a job she does.
laumae chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
that was really sweet, I'm not at all a deelee shipper, but I still liked it, and in answer to lee's question, the wrong man definitely died. anyway very very good, it was really sweet.
romeoharvey chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Good story, very sweet how they think of Billy. Tory's thoughts were the saddest, the part about how the desk had been cleared for a day off.
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
I liked this. I really, really liked this. There were too many things I liked to list them all, so I'll just list one or two from each section.

1) "She’s done worse things in her life than talk to the dead," and, "She knows it’s a flight of fancy, but she thinks that maybe, if she listens hard enough, she can hear Billy’s shuffled walk, just behind her."

2) "It had been too much and too soon with too little glue to hold it together," and the last two whole paragraphs.

3) "Later that night, he raises a glass to the kid. He never tells anyone why."

4) "The thought is a bit morbid and a lot sad. Tory liked the younger man. He’d been intelligent and thoughtful, but almost painfully shy," and "Determinedly, she plonks the only photo she had with her when the worlds ended in the upper right corner and sits down to get to work. There’s a lot to do, and it’s her turn to do it."

5) "But on those quiet nights where the universe presses in a little too hard, and the Pegasus thrums around them, he thinks, just maybe, the wrong man died." That just about gave me chills.

This was one excellent piece of writing. I love your style-good flow, colorful verbs. Your writing had a realistic, insightful tone similar to BSG.

You write *life*. I think that's why it feels real. Nice job.

Emily : )