Reviews for Life in a Small Town
SkittleGoddess chapter 4 . 4/29/2012
This is such a good story. I really liked how you portrayed the characters and the environments. Awesome work. I especially liked how you explained Kakashi's injury and how Iruka adopted Naruto and Sasuke. drawing the story out until their old age was really cool as well. Great story.
mugenai3 chapter 4 . 8/11/2011
I know this is an old story...I never read it before. Ouchie my heart, this definitely tugged at my heartstrings a little too hard. Great work. I cried a bunch. This was really beautiful.
dolphins-scarecrow chapter 4 . 7/19/2011
Seeing as it's been some time since you've finished this story I don't know if you'll ever even read that review, but I just gotta write my feelings down. Your story was just beautiful.

It's quarter to three am at the moment (I'm making you responsible for the fact that I won't be able to stand up in the morning ;D) and I'm still wiping my eyes from crying all through the story (I'm an old crybaby, I admit it, even though I mostly cried during the happy parts... I'm strange...").

The story was wonderfully written and actually quite believable, it had it's ups and downs without being overly sentimental; I think it just hit the feeling right, if that makes any sense. It's just so seldom that you find something like this and I'm not just talking fanfiction here, but modern literature, too.

I bow my head to your skill and writing genius. And now I'm off to sniffling a bit more and then trying to catch at least a few hours of sleep...
Lila Priceless chapter 4 . 7/17/2011
I've skipped over this a few times because I generally don't like stories written in the first person. I am now kicking myself. This was wonderfully written and so very sweet. I love how you managed to keep everyone in character.

As a person who grew up raiding plum and pear trees and making myself absolutely sick on fresh picked strawberries I could relate to this on a personal level. The only thing you missed was the rotten pear fight in October :-) This is going in my favorites.
jomanflea chapter 4 . 7/17/2011
I did enjoy this story, although I think you might have to be in the mood for something with a nice, leisurely pace :).

I normally have a bit of difficulty appreciating first person pov, but I think that you handled it well.
dat-patriot chapter 4 . 6/18/2011
You have me in tears right now. It was... so sweet. So freakin. SWEET. Oh man. I can't even type right now.. GAH. Love this. I'm reading it again later. Most definitely. *sniff
ActuallyNevis chapter 4 . 6/8/2011
What a wonderful story. Thank-you very very much.
nettesethdrix chapter 4 . 4/26/2011
i love the story's narrative, iruka and kakashi's love story were wonderfully defined. )
mYtORnsaNDaLs chapter 4 . 4/3/2011
this is the most adorable KakaIru I have ever read... this is just so heart-warming... the ups and down of the main character fits perfectly and never overdone... the separation and moving on was just perfectly described and the surprise and unexpected reconciliation was in perfect timing, slow and deliberate with the right amount of hesitation and careful study of each emotions... what I love the most is the fact that they grew together, been separated again by death and finally as the ending said... met again, finally... i love the fact that your main focus is only in the main character and you didn't jump from character to character... I'm not so much into character POV stories simply because that is just one point of view of one character, I want a whole picture of the story. I also know how difficult it is to write base on a single character's POV and so I can honestly say that I enjoy reading this more than I enjoy reading Twilight...

My heart is so warm as I read and I'm smiling with teary eyes as I finished reading this... its just so heart-warming... I'm more into stories with intense emotions involve, with many character twist and dark plots but this is simply beautiful... simply, simply beautiful.

Thank you so much. This inspire me to believe that love, true love that is, defy distance, time and gender... I do hope to find a man I can grow old with and it is really more like a dream than reality but still reading a story like this strengthens my hope and beliefs... It sounds like magic to find love like that but I can dream right? and who knows? maybe someday... someday.. I sounds like a hopeless romantic and I am... hahah... thank you...

~ adah!
maethebellydancer chapter 4 . 8/27/2010
OMG this is gorgeous. Prolly the best AU fic I've read. Thank you.
visciousdango chapter 4 . 4/24/2010
This story is awesome.
shaeldryn chapter 4 . 11/21/2009
I am at a loss for words right now to give this story the praise that it deserves.

I usually avoid first person fics (all I ever started reading were horribly written and unbelievably ooc), but your story is made of pure awesome. Yes, I cried, and yes, even though the ending was happy I feel pretty down at the moment, my heart almost physically hurting, but still... So beautiful a story, so heartfelt, so real. Thank you. Thank you so much for touching me as deeply as you did. I hope that you're aware of how talented a writer you are, and just how powerful an influence your words can be on another person's emotions.

By the way, I cannot believe how few reviews this fic has received. From now on I'll certainly recommend it at every possible moment.

shael (too lazy to log in)
sara chapter 4 . 8/21/2009
its very wonderful and so romantic. i cried so much. thank you
Auphora66 chapter 4 . 7/23/2009
I'm crying! This last chapter succeeded in making my throat all tight and my eyes water. I'm not even sad because the story ended so beautifully!

kerumica chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
I don't think I've enjoyed a story as much as I've enjoyed this one. Thank you so much sharing. It really was a lovely story.