Reviews for Truth
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
A very well written story, thanks for sharing :-)
SphinxScribe chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
This is really beautiful and poignant. You've really captured the inner struggle Luke must have had after Bespin. Really great job! I really enjoyed it!
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This is fantastic, please let me know if you ever decide to expand on this.
Dearest Destiny chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Where do you find your quotes? I love them just as much as your ficlets.
Jedi Kay-Kenobi chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
:O That. Was. Bloody amazing! I could NOT stop reading1 I loved your writing style of this and Luke's thoughts shortly after his encounter with Vader on Bespin. I've always throught myself what must have raced through his mind before he jumped down the pit and when he was on board the Millenium Falcon, but I just never had the thought of writing it up, and if I did, I most certainly couldn't have pulled it off so masterfully as you did.

You got in real deep into Luke's mind there and about Anakin/Vader etc.

Loved it! :D
steelneena chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
This was beautiful too! You really know how to write a good Starwars fic!
Can Tho chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Wonderful. Very deep, very intense. I love it.

Thanks for sharing!
sweetyamiyugigirl chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
... Cool... Continue?
Bambieyes1234 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Bloody Brilliant. Fantastic. I'm not entirly sure what to comment on as everything just stuck out as awesome in my mind. I suppose the bit about Vader's amusment regarding Luke was my favorite part of the story. I'd very much like to see that devolped into something more, like a little sequel of Luke finally reaching out to Vader with that bond. Also, the parts about Luke's thoughts on his father as he grew up were very realistic. I should know, of course I found out that my father was a wart on the arse of humanity that needed to be popped not a awesome Dark Lord.

LOL!

Bambi.
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Brilliant and intelligent exposition of Luke's thoughts. Usually this kind of fic crosses into sentimentality or obvious statements, but this one made me think and was very well written. I especially like the description of how Luke's robotic hand would feel - I never thought about it that way before.
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I like how you portray Luke here. So lost and uncertain but regaining his edge and the idea that his father can be redeemed.

I think is so funny when is some fics Luke and Leia find the title 'the Chosen One and they basicly say:what galaxy does that mean?
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
*Sad, SAD puppy face*

You've written Luke's longing for his father so well.

I recall his voice from when he reached for me, after our duel.

... ...

Loneliness.

Wistfulness.

A hint of regret?

Strange emotions for a Dark Lord of the Sith.

I blocked him then, still hurting physically and emotionally.

Now, sometimes I wish I hadn't. Sometimes, I even catch myself wishing I dared to reach out for him.

I've come very close to it. I've hovered just beside him, not daring to touch, yet not wanting to leave. I know he senses me. He sends me a feeling of amusement through the bond that developed I don't know when, then goes about his business. I withdraw quickly every time, but the brief contact is enough. I can feel the good man in him, just under Vader's consciousness, planting seeds of doubt in Vader's mind. He has a family now; isn't family worth more than than any war, more than any power, more than any master he has been doubting for years now?

I can feel his conflict, the battle he's fighting with himself. He wants to come to me, to turn his back on the Darkness; he's just not sure he can. And every time he senses me watching him, the battlefield of his heart grows bloodier.

Darth Vader is unsure of himself. That has to be a first.

And yes, I am sure he has a heart.

I want to know my father. I want to know Anakin Skywalker. And I know, I know, that despite how hard Vader must have tried, he couldn't destroy Anakin, not completely. He may not return to be the galactic saviour I've read about, but we'll be together, Anakin and I, Father and I, just like I always dreamed, as a child, that we would. And together, I know we can do anything.

I also especially like these two metaphors regarding the Light and the Dark:

I'm beginning to compare him to day and night. Everything that is present during the day is also present at night, it is just hidden from view or slightly distorted. Deep down, Anakin Skywalker's values and beliefs are the basis for Darth Vader's personality. As these beliefs come to the fore, however, they darken, hiding some, changing others, until finally they manifest in a twisted form of the original.

-and-

The Light Side of the Force is sunlight, and the Dark Side is a windowless room. Stepping out of the sunlight into the room isn't so bad; you merely have to wait a few minutes for your pupils to widen enough to allow you to see in the darkness. However, when you try to leave the room, especially if you have been in there for a while, the sunlight stabs at your enlarged pupils like a blazing lightsaber. It hurts so much, and you realize that if you just go back into that room, the pain will stop.

Great vignette!
Rilwen-Shadowflame chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Aw...I love Luke's hope of bringing his father back. You've created such great and plausible thought processes for him. I really like it.
Sexy Scottish Accent chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Wow, this is a really good story! I love it!
pacsi07 chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
"Everything that is present during the day is also present at night, it is just hidden from view or slightly distorted."

Brilliant idea! As is the one about entering and then leaving the room without windows... I love metaphors like these :) They make you think and help see into the depth of things.

Congratulations and keep up with the good work!