Reviews for The Departure
sparkling apples chapter 1 . 2/15
Yet another brilliant read. Jack's a douche in this fic, and I do like seeing him portrayed in an unusual manner.
Myou Matsuro chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Awwww. Poor Cliff, and it's sad because this is probably what has happened to him time and time again in people's games if they don't realize they can give the job to Cliff (a rookie mistake I made first time around) or as in the story they keep him from getting the job to prevent his rivalry.

It kind of makes me hope that he'll find another job and return anyways, disregarding the game mechanics and all.
Sapphire SilverScythe chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Wow you're awesome! I loved your story!

I'll keep reading your stories until I become as good as you... :) And I think I have a long way to go if I want my stories to be as amazing as yours... :DD Sorry for being emotional and all but, that's just me..
Voice Number Seven chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
There's a reason I've nicknamed Jack "Jack-*ss" - very nice
Tsuki Yuiko chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Aw, so cute!_ This was an intresting twist on the departure, I really liked it. Death to Jack!Lol *beats Jack with frying pan* CliAnn is so cute, my little fangirling heart is in bliss. Awesome job!:)

*Tsuki Yuiko*
AlchemyOtaku0922 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Cute! lol How come, in all the stories I read, Jack is always a jerk? lol Good job!
teacupz chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
cliffhanger! like it so much... keep on writting, okay?
JenJenJen13 chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Asshole Jack was completely unexpected! You tricked me, lol Poor Cliff, he always gets the short end of the stick! :)
Saltypepper chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Wow!

Cliann is my favorate pairing.

You should write more for them.
Ekoaleko chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Haha. I'm gonna review each and every last one of your stories so you can't say no one's reviewed all of them anymore XD So prepare for a big barrage of emails the next time you check. Mhm, scary things happen at 1:47 in the morning...

Anyway, I remember reading this way long ago. I know it's one of your older works, but it still contains that same writing style of yours I adore. It's funny, because my thoughts are slowly changing... I used to hate Cliff x Ann but now I love it.
JC Toscano chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
This was perfect little chapter. Seriously. I really don't like one moment shot stories, but this is just perfect little moment. I don't like the pairing CliffxAnn much, and that's only because I married Cliff in MFoMT, but this was just cute and makes me feel a bit guilty for taking her man, but this is cute, really.
Kountry101 chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
OMG! I Loved it! You must do a sequel!
Atavaka chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
What a clever little one-shot! You don't see too many stories like this one now-a-days, that's for sure. I love the outrageous misery of the situation, and I was more than a little amused by Jack's evil gloating. Over-the-top fics like this rock!

In fact, this reminds me of Farmer Jen's series of one-shots compiled in her "Betrayal" collection. Have you read it? If not, you might want to take a look. I think you'd enjoy it.

As for critical feedback, there isn't much I can really tell you. Perhaps you could pay attention to the atmosphere a bit more; Cliff leaves in the winter in the game, and that might (and that's a very weak 'might') be more appropriate for this scene. After all, you're going for that bleak, depressing type of style; why take half-measures?

I really like the optimistic little twist at the end. It's well-crafted.

Great job on this story, Scarlet Sky. I'd love to read more stories as well-written as this!
Awesome Rapidash chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
WOW that was really good! Geez was Jack a major jerk to Cliff, but it seems that Cliff might ultimatly have the last laugh. I have to give Cliff credit though, I'd have punched Jack's lights out about half way through his litle dialog. Nice job!
JeSsIcA-in-DA-HoUsE chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Man was Jack an ass... excuse my french and all lol

Cliff definately deserved Ann way more _