Reviews for Beating Back Madness
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
I like how kimblee is more human in this as no one ever writes kimblee as human. Poor Roy ... ROY ANGST ! Yes!
WitchWolf29042 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Awwwwwww. Loved It
wolfdefender01 chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
really good!, but I wish there was more *pout*
Story Fabricator chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
amazing! Thats all I can say. :)
Riku-Rocks chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
I rather liked the atmosphere and pace of this one-shot. Meas' thoughts and concerns seem realistic (giving the situation & fandom), and the interaction between Maes and Roy at the end is perfect.
stormchaser34neo chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Very good. I liked it.
Bellemaine Chercoeur chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
nice job!
Kaori-chan92 chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
This was so sweet. I loved the connection you made with your other fic. Also, I don't know if you intended it to, but Maes telling Roy he'll be his best man to make sure he doesn't kill himself anytime soon was just like in this scene later in the manga when Ed borrows some change from Roy and doesn't return it. Did you mean for that, or am I just reading too deep into it?
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
Interesting insight into's interesting to think of him as more then a madman and to know that his insanity came from somewhere. Poor Mustang...episode 15 of the anime where they go into what Mustang had to do is one of the most powerful shows I've ever's incredibly, heart breakingly tragic. Great story! And I love Mae's determination to save his friend! Great job!
Legendary Chimera chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
I love it. It's good to see a friendship piece for once. Good job!
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
ah! maes angest. don't see taht much. poor roy. poor huges. heck, poor kimblee. very nice little fic. have weakness for onshots, especially angest ones... we is weird...
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Sweet and sad and oh-so-good. I say your style is whimsical, and it is-very flexible, lending itself to humor or angst with an even hand.

Maes touching Roy's ankle struck me as so tender, so familiar... Very loving. And when he put his head in his hands, you portayed his great sadness at Kimblee's descent into madness so perfectly.

Such an intimate portrait of these characters you paint. You make me so envious, because you can make them so real.

Keep up the excellent work.