Reviews for blue sugar
Michel Mephit chapter 1 . 4/24/2017
It is really an interesting idea. It's such a shame that this story has apparently been abandoned.
LeapingFoxes chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
I absolutely love this idea.

You have turned the whole male-hero-rescues-girl trope on its head. Usually, male hero waltzes in, saves damsel in distress, and they are already in love before they even get to know each other based solely on the fact that one is male and the other is female.

Your story is brilliant because it explores just how deeply gender roles are engrained in our culture. Whether male or female, Krystal would still be the same kind person, right?

And yet, if Krystal were male, everything would have changed. Just because of the fact of being male.

Kudos.
dragonchild25 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
i dont mean to be rude and i hope you dont take this hard but krystal is a well...girl...:)
LylatFox chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Well written, just... shall we say... very different. It takes the usual and makes it kind of odd... but that makes it better. Breaking away from the norm is something you don't see a lot... One thing though; I didn't get the title.
MisterChief chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Bad title. Fine story.

It's new, and it's bold, so that's a major plus. And it's written very nicely. As for the Omnipotent One...well, forget him. From the penname, I doubt he'd know good fan fiction if it gave him a boot in the gut. Stick with it.

Score: 8/10

Overall: But how do you not notice it was a guy?
Stinger - VXR42 chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
M...

I like this story, I really do; it's one of those stories that puts Krystal in a much more believable light, and adds an edge over the regular stories we get around this area. Particularly giving Krystal the proper tribal background and attitude he deserves makes this story preferrable to the ones where she suddenly knows miraculously how to fly, shoot and the like.

The idea of switching genders is a good one, one I find has been executed very well in this story, and I look forward to more of this.

-Stinger