Reviews for The Meaning of the Name
SortingHat chapter 1 . 8/14
Ever heard of a Gary Stu? *A male version of the dreaded Mary Sue*. Harry Potter fits all the tropes of one and this is frankly disgusting. Cmon seriously a voice in his head giving him commands? Harry should at least rethink where he is hearing voices.

Most readers do not understand about Mary Sue's so will give criticism to even trash. As long as the box is shiny and flashy that is all what people seem to care about.
we could do that now with DNA but it would probably be illegal.
mckertis chapter 5 . 7/26
Was there a point to this story ?
SmexyBananas chapter 5 . 3/15
Can't wait to see that
L Maurel chapter 3 . 2/25
I'm to lazy to log in but I*d like you to know that your Latin is somewhat ...
As you've probably never taken that class or sat your Latinum herea few corrections:

- As a general rule, that which belongs direktly to a noun, such as an adjective, must reflect its genus, casus and numerus. (same as in other roman languages)
- Verbs stand at the end of a clause, meaning that the the last word of a scentence is more often than not the end of the main clause.
Example:
- Family - familia (ae) f.
- clever - callidus (a, um)
- to be - esse
- It is a clever family - Familia callida est. (Article is not needed)
- They are clever families - Familiae callidae sunt.

Names are very often derivations of already existing words and were often given for their meaning. Therefore, I wont go into that.

- vox in cruor of (?) damno - voice in/at blood of I convict (sb)/I sentence
I have no idea what you wanted to translate here but it obviously went wrong. If it was along the lines of 'I judge the voice in the blood (or drop of blood)' it should have been 'vox ex cruorem iudico'.

Anyway, I do enjoy reading your story immensly as this plot line is a completly new to me. I haven't encountered similar ideas before.

p.s.: sorry for the spelling mistakes but it's 07:43 and I've to hurry to class
Reithandina chapter 5 . 11/2/2015
Is there a sequel?
Guest chapter 3 . 10/2/2015
I see the problem in your translations. When I put the whole phrase into Google translate it brings up a completely different phrase. Maybe put in the phrase you want in English, then a phrase will appear in Latin. It's a suggestion to make it slightly less confusing.
Rainbow-FanGirl-Ing chapter 5 . 4/26/2015
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Update!
T51b Moridin chapter 5 . 4/11/2015
AH I see. Interesting concept. I like the idea of playing with genetics via magic and potions. Its a very curious thing to advance oneself by taking on properties of other things. Though I am honestly surprised he wasn't suggested to take on some basilisk blood as the needed other half or at least to give enhancement.
T51b Moridin chapter 4 . 4/11/2015
Honestly I never understood why no one thought to use an alternative school as a place to go considering the insanity that was Hogwarts. Curious about that blood ritual. I liked how you actually made it muddy blood in fact and not simply as insult. Shame he knew not of his mothers sacrifice to save him from his doom. This is what happens when dumbledore does not tell people the truth. People make rash decisions because of lack of information.
T51b Moridin chapter 3 . 4/11/2015
Neato. I always figured Basilisk Venom would be a good core for him though I always felt it wasn't enough. Like he needed part of Dementor Shroud, Basilisk Venom, and a Pheonix Feather with something to promote neutrality in the mix to allow for the three substances to react without badly reacting.
T51b Moridin chapter 2 . 4/11/2015
Um. Wasn't St brutus actual? If I recall it was actally something they said he was sent to in the series. Considering that was its actual full name I would not be surprised if that is where filth as sent.
T51b Moridin chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
I like the idea of heads of houses leaving impressions of themselves to teach their descendants. Its interesting. It also helps harry did not ignore his instincts for once.
ShakespearePoet101 chapter 5 . 4/10/2015
Is there a sequel to this?
Reymen chapter 5 . 4/8/2015
Wonder how Harry would react if/ when he learns what Lilly have done for him. How Slytherin will react.