Reviews for The Meaning of the Name
chyaraskiss chapter 1 . 4/6
I'm really enjoying reading some of your works. But dang! You keep ending them without resolutions. So many good beginnings.

I have to admit, that I am rather mad that he so callously bleed away his mother's so-called tainted blood.
lordvitiris chapter 5 . 1/31
Hope you update soon please. It was getting good.
GlassGirlCeci chapter 5 . 1/23
Oh how I wish there was more...it's almost like a prequel of sorts.
GlassGirlCeci chapter 1 . 1/23
You write so well, holy crap. Forget the material itself, even if it were only mildly interesting I have a feeling I would still be captivated. As it is, it's an intriguing story so far and I can hardly stop reading to write this review :)
kirbyonsteroids chapter 1 . 9/19/2016
Wow. I'm not often pleasantly surprised at characterizations of ron, more due to the tropes of the fandom, and authors focusing elsewhere and flattening his character, but that exchange at the end was fantastic. Well done.
Himanshu.99 chapter 5 . 9/2/2016
The story seems incomplete.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
Ever heard of a Gary Stu? *A male version of the dreaded Mary Sue*. Harry Potter fits all the tropes of one and this is frankly disgusting. Cmon seriously a voice in his head giving him commands? Harry should at least rethink where he is hearing voices.

Most readers do not understand about Mary Sue's so will give criticism to even trash. As long as the box is shiny and flashy that is all what people seem to care about.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/12/2016
we could do that now with DNA but it would probably be illegal.
mckertis chapter 5 . 7/26/2016
Was there a point to this story ?
SmexyBananas chapter 5 . 3/15/2016
Can't wait to see that
L Maurel chapter 3 . 2/25/2016
I'm to lazy to log in but I*d like you to know that your Latin is somewhat ...
As you've probably never taken that class or sat your Latinum herea few corrections:

- As a general rule, that which belongs direktly to a noun, such as an adjective, must reflect its genus, casus and numerus. (same as in other roman languages)
- Verbs stand at the end of a clause, meaning that the the last word of a scentence is more often than not the end of the main clause.
Example:
- Family - familia (ae) f.
- clever - callidus (a, um)
- to be - esse
- It is a clever family - Familia callida est. (Article is not needed)
- They are clever families - Familiae callidae sunt.

Names are very often derivations of already existing words and were often given for their meaning. Therefore, I wont go into that.

- vox in cruor of (?) damno - voice in/at blood of I convict (sb)/I sentence
I have no idea what you wanted to translate here but it obviously went wrong. If it was along the lines of 'I judge the voice in the blood (or drop of blood)' it should have been 'vox ex cruorem iudico'.

Anyway, I do enjoy reading your story immensly as this plot line is a completly new to me. I haven't encountered similar ideas before.

p.s.: sorry for the spelling mistakes but it's 07:43 and I've to hurry to class
Reithandina chapter 5 . 11/2/2015
Is there a sequel?
Guest chapter 3 . 10/2/2015
I see the problem in your translations. When I put the whole phrase into Google translate it brings up a completely different phrase. Maybe put in the phrase you want in English, then a phrase will appear in Latin. It's a suggestion to make it slightly less confusing.
QueenBhanavi chapter 5 . 4/26/2015
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Update!
T51b Moridin chapter 5 . 4/11/2015
AH I see. Interesting concept. I like the idea of playing with genetics via magic and potions. Its a very curious thing to advance oneself by taking on properties of other things. Though I am honestly surprised he wasn't suggested to take on some basilisk blood as the needed other half or at least to give enhancement.