Reviews for Take a Long Line
Lily Belladonna Took chapter 3 . 11/20/2020
This was fantastic! I've never seen Numb3rs, but you had me hooked from the opening line. The characterization was on-point for the Winchesters, and it didn't take me long to care for the Numb3rs characters as well. My favorite part was the conversation between Charlie and Sam because as much as I love Dean and Don's interactions (and the reveal with the paperclip on the photo later was excellent), it was just so fun to see them geeking out together. Sam might have planned everything out, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a connection - and it was so fun to see his through Charlie's eyes, both the genuine appreciation of the research and the observation that math would have improved it.

I wasn't sure about the opening of the third chapter at first, but it really grew on me, both in watching the characters interact with each other and the slow reveal of what happened. That delay allowed for the new development of the coordinates, too. Gosh, I would love to see this continue; I want to see what happens next! And honestly, I love the tone of this piece: if, in continuation, it goes AU, so be it (although honestly I don't think it would need to; you could just extend the season in which it's placed.)

Anyway, thank you so much for writing and posting this thoroughly enjoyable tale. It was awesome!

Side note: you mentioned a concern about Americanisms in the first chapter. Just wanted to say that, as an American, I didn't notice anything off at all. There were a few of the usual punctuation and spelling differences (e.g. sceptic vs skeptic), but they weren't distracting at all (actually, because I'm a nerd, I like them.)
Jillian A.K chapter 3 . 4/4/2020
Man, do I want a sequel to this. I have no idea where it would go, but I love the way you have everyone interacting and analyzing things. There's an SPN/NCIS crossover I like to pretend is a sequel to this, but I'd love for there to be a SPN/N3 one.
Sona14 chapter 3 . 12/28/2019
"when exactly did he become father to Don's whole team?" was really funny! I love this sentence 3
I also love the quote about dishonest words, because it is really good and true.
I admire this crossover and especially the argument in the last chapter. Your storytelling is really good and makes it easy to emphasise with the characters. I like it that the characters and their relationships are so good portrayed and accurate. No one felt ooc and the case was wonderful logical explained as well as the actions and reactions of everyone involved.
Also, I love the explanation Charlie tried to find for Sam's visions. It's a really cool idea and so Charlie like!
You have my greatest respect for your work and and thanks for the time you invested in this story.
Have a great day!Sincerely,
Sona
GentaLogic chapter 1 . 4/9/2018
Sorry just passing by but I thought I'd mention I totally thought it was a dating website when i read the description XD
Guest chapter 3 . 10/27/2017
Great story!
MoonLitReader chapter 3 . 10/19/2017
Love it
ManicTater chapter 3 . 12/20/2016
Read this for the third time, and enjoyed it it immensely again.
Katii0924 chapter 3 . 11/12/2016
AlyCat3 chapter 1 . 10/28/2016
Any chance of a sequel on this? Don or Charlie find something he just can't quite explain happening and doesn't know what else to do but try to get ahold of the Winchesters?
AlyCat3 chapter 3 . 10/28/2016
Fantastic! Words don't describe just how unbelievable this is! I'll be rereading this one countless times just to make sure I get the full grasp of how awesome it is!
AlyCat3 chapter 2 . 10/28/2016
I don't know if you did this set up on purpose, but I just love that the older brother appeared to drag the little brother out of the fire like the first episode of Supernatural all over again. Extraordinary goings so far!
Catherine chapter 3 . 7/20/2016
Loved this, but don't suppose you could be persuaded to write a sequel?
lady kae chapter 3 . 4/13/2016
I like it, it's surprising
LunaBianca chapter 3 . 10/26/2015
This story is a lot of fun, thank you! It makes me interested in Numb3rs...I guess I have a weakness for brother teams. ;)
LunaBianca chapter 2 . 10/26/2015
Oh wow. Sam made a fine performance. :) I like how Charlie both connected with and dismissed Sam, but ultimately respected his intelligence.

Looking forward to Dean's jailbreak!