Reviews for Dreaming of Akina
jdnamikaze chapter 1 . 6/17
chapter 81 is like the eclipse from berserk, far out, all at once huh? amazing work, initial d has been a big part of my life and this puts a lot of the pieces together. thank you
The Quotable Patella chapter 6 . 5/11
you shouldn rename the title of this fanfic as "Dangerous D"
DyLanoo chapter 86 . 5/2
This, is my first review of anything on here, I only just got round to watching Initial D this year and I fell in love with the show and it's soundtrack and one of the things that I always saw was "There should be a story about Bunta'. Bunta is one of my favourite characters in the show so when I saw this Fic in a comment on YouTube I thought I'd give this a read, I've lurked about here for a while. I've just finished it at about midnight my time after starting a few days ago and I'm legit Crying at the ending, I had a slight hunch that Kumiko would be Takumi's Mother when we first met her and It paid off with the ups and downs of the story until her Tragic death which made me tear up (I also had a feeling that she would go with the GT2000) The small things such as Kyoko's father mentioned made me smile as well Yuuich who was represented as a younger version of himself with that crazy Bunta. His wife was also a Major character even though the show never even showed that type of character. This is about the best prologue to a show I've seen and It added depth to a universe that missed major backstories for characters. This is one of my all time favourite fanfics. Thank you for making this masterpiece (As a side note I'd love to see at some point Kyoko and her Father to meet Yuuich again that would be funny, heck I'd love to see a present day reunion of this cast)
karthik.02g94 chapter 1 . 4/13
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for writing this.

P.S- is there any way you could share a copy of this with me? I would like to get it printed and kept in a tangible form with me for the rest of my life.
Guest chapter 55 . 7/22/2016
IT'S LIKE A GLORIOUS SOAP OPERA! THANK GOSH MIDORI ISN'T RAKUMI'S MOTHER!
Guest chapter 52 . 7/22/2016
WHA!? NO NO NO NO NO, SHE CAN'T BE TAKUMUS MOTHER! NO!
Guest chapter 45 . 7/22/2016
I got it! Bunta has to wait for Midori to get tired of him and move on. She's like a cat with her prey- he just needs to wait it out.
Guest chapter 42 . 7/22/2016
Nope. No. I REFUSE to believe that Midori us Takjmi's mother. There has to be someone else- maybe Seiko comes back, I don't know- but Midiri is NOT Takumi's mom.
Guest chapter 40 . 7/22/2016
Crap. I think once Bunta refuses her advances, Midiri is going to say he tried to come into her or something out of spite...
Guest chapter 32 . 7/22/2016
Yes Bunta! Do it!
Guest chapter 26 . 7/22/2016
I absolutely love this fic! Wonderful job! You can see where Bunta's temperament rubs off on Takumi, and Bunta and his uncle's relationship is wonderful! :)
Kakashiz chapter 86 . 7/6/2016
It was a beautiful read from start to finish, and I am very very glad that I happened upon this story after it was finished, instead of before. (Heartbreaks from unfinished stories were many and frequent). Very poignant and realistic, with all the nitty-gritty details and how life always throws you a curveball when you least expect it. Somewhere in chapter 10 I noticed that there were 86 chapters which were most definitely not a coincidence xD This is canon to me now, and thank you so much for making this a part of my reading life. I will be browsing your other works for sure!
Ivahna chapter 86 . 3/5/2016
A really good story, thank you for writing it. I keept on reading it. And its so believable.
The Stig's Roleplaying Cousin chapter 86 . 1/5/2016
The main reason why Initial D is popular is because of the AE86.

The number of the last chapter of this story is 86.

COINCIDENCE?!
Winter's Melancholy chapter 86 . 11/4/2015
It's been seven years since you started this story, and five since you've finished it, and I have no idea why I picked it up only now.

I know it's probably too late, and you might never read this, but I think the effort you put into this justifies my review regardless.

This piece of work was, for lack of a better work, utterly fantastic. The world you've built, the loving attention to the characters, the racers, even the timeline you've constructed; it's uniquely yours, even though the series has a touch of Shigeno'a characters in them.

You took the franchise and added a gem to it that might just have been the most amazing thing I never knew it needed.

Bunta's blank slate of a past has worked for me since the beginning of the manga/ anime, as I thought it gave him the mysterious ultimate driver/ enigmatic mentor air that most shows like these really needed, but with your writing of Dreaming Of Akina, you have officially managed to change my opinion of that.

You made Bunta a regular, if godly talented, human. You gave us a glimpse into what he might've been (was, honestly- I really want to regard this as canon) like all those years, dominating the street racing scene and shaking up the world of professional motorsports after. You made him fall in love. You gave him a loving, if eccentric, mentor. You did so many things with his character, it's now hard to imagine the series' canon without taking DoA into account.

You, dear writer, are a genius.

I am in love with this story, and I probably will be in love with it for a long time to come.

Thank you for writing such a supremely good piece of fiction; it felt almost like a light novel appended to the series, a treasure of an addition to an already amazing series. Also, thank you, for making my childhood all-time favourite love shine even brighter, with your loving description of the Initial-D styled street races and your loving attention to cars, and, lastly, thank you, once again, for having managed to make a reader invest himself so emotionally into a piece with your powerful world-building abilities.

You deserve this glowing review, and the favourites that come with it.

Looks like I'll be dreaming of Akina tonight, too.

Yours,