Reviews for Dreaming of Akina
Juicebox chapter 86 . 10/28/2014
can write, few can reach a standard like is one of ff. net's rare diamonds and I am proud for having stumbled onto it on the IDW forums.I knew it was not going to end well, but you made me cry.

Honestly, I'm glad Shigeno left Bunta's back story a blank slate, else I would not get to read this.
Agent of the Divine One chapter 86 . 10/2/2014
Wish. That was awesome! The attention to detail especially blew me away.

Thank you so much for this. It reminded me of just how much I love the show and driving. Although the closest I've gotten is the ae92.

Thanks again. Ja ne! :)
Wordsworth99 chapter 85 . 7/14/2014
Oh Sanae,
Your work is absolutely extraordinary. I've now read this fanfiction three times. It's my favorite out of your Programmed Lives Series (though I guess this is more of a spin off). It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me stay up til 3am everyday even though I had work the following day pretty much EVERY time I read it. I hope you complete your final initial d project and in the meantime, know that you have a loyal fan in me!
Best,
Wordsworth99
SilentAssassin11 chapter 86 . 7/7/2014
I couldn't stop reading this story for the better part of an entire month. I was instantly hooked, and in all honesty this is exactly how I would picture Bunta's life prior to the beginning of the Initial D series. Your writing is simply incredible; I laughed in several parts throughout the story and towards the end it was heart wrenching for me once the deaths of Kumiko and Eikichi occurred. To me there simply isn't any other Initial D fanfiction that should deserve being called the best in my own personal opinion, and let me know if you ever do have this printed into a book. I would seriously buy it. All in all, I want to say that the story is nothing short of absolutely brilliant. The cars, the races, everything is perfect. Thank you for writing such a phenomenal fanfiction.
avenomdemon chapter 86 . 4/4/2014
I hope you are NOT going to delete this fanfic one day, it is really amazing, i love it. it would be a waste if it is suddenly deleted. well back to the subject NICE WORK, IT LIKE IT A LOT!
Premium Soy Sauce chapter 86 . 1/11/2014
This is a very very great story! Absolutely my favorite fanfic I have read by far!

It's a shame that Shigeno-sensei didn't say much about the life of Bunta... But should I be happy about that? Cause if there was then this great piece of work wouldn't exist

The quality of your writing is truely amazing Frankly speaking, Initial D is not really popular compared to the other anime. The number of fanfic of ID is relatively low. It's super lucky to have such a good writer writing ID fanfics

Really thank you for the story
Whipcream-Cure chapter 85 . 8/5/2013
*Bows deeply* Thank you for all of the feelings i've experienced reading this story, not once have i read something that in my opinion was done so beautifully that nothing else i've read, period, does it justice. There were several points in the story where i had to stop reading because my eyes were full of tears, especially chapter eighty one... that... that was unexpected, there were also several points that had me laughing, and some that left me in shock and awe. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.
symbalin chapter 60 . 3/1/2013
Damn...!i cant believe it..this chapter just made me cry..CHAPTER 60...
Guest chapter 46 . 2/14/2013
Wow, I love what Bunta's going through right now. I've been reading this for almost two days already and I'm already hooked!

The choice of having Bunta owning a 2000gt definitely sparked the conflicts more with himself. Good choice Sanae. :)
LukeSi chapter 86 . 12/25/2012
All I can say is wow. You have got to be one of the most talented writers on here. Absolutely amazing story, there was a bit of dust in my eye when his uncle and wife died. You are seriously talented. If you don't already you should try writing professionally.
LGM chapter 86 . 9/3/2011
Wow. I just don't know what to say. That's some massive amount of work you've put into this! I can only admire your determination to finish such a long story and maintain the high quality till the very end. Amazing!

I stumbled upon DoA a while ago and decided to read it some day. Now when I started reading I couldn't stop. Got to be grateful that I didn't know about this story while it was still in progress as waiting for the next update every day would've been nerve-wrecking! :D

Well, I guess it's impossible to say anything about the characters or the storyline without repeting other reviewers. It really changed the way I see Bunta now. So he turned out to become an exact copy of uncle Eikichi and kind of suffered the same fate as his uncle. You also gave some insights in Yuuichi's life. I tend to believe that Yuuichi not being able to have his own children could be one of the reasons why he cares so much for his young employees and is always such an understanding boss. And I couldn't help but think of Itsuki whenever you described the 18 year old Yuuichi. :D

The storyline. Well, it's just perfect! Sometimes it was more action-packed and eventful than the actual Initial D series. I loved every bit of it. Those witty word exchanges between Bunta and Eikichi and Bunta and Yuuichi (not to mention Bunta vs Kogashiwa verbal battles) were hilarious! And the racing was described really good. There is this huge difference between a writing and a video, that instead of showing what the cars and drivers are doing, you have to describe it. It's sometimes bad as I want to see how these cars are taking that particular corner, but at some point it's good since the thoughts and feelings of the drivers and certain actions can't be so clearly seen even in slow motion, but they can be precisely described in writing.

There's one thing I noticed - you were talking very generally about all the work being done to the cars and all the tuning/modifications, without revealing any details at all. Since you don't seem to be an expert in automotive engineering, it was a smart thing to do - the less you tell the less chance you say something wrong. Well, it's not like the original Initial D explained any details of what's been done to this or that car either. However, I did find it funny that Bunta spent so much time working on the suspension. The suspension of Bunta's street-legal car apperantly was adjustable in as many ways as the one of a modern WRC car :D But don't worry - that didn't bother even a gearhed like me.

Now the ending of the story. Well, it was no secret that there wouldn't be any happily every after in this one, but I dindn't expect Kumiko to die like that and so soon after Takumi's birth. That was kinda shocking to me. And all that scene... Like one reviewer said - there are sad things and there are tragic things. You wrote it well enough to bring tears to my eyes. Those 2 epilogue chapters were very much needed after this.

Blah, blah, blah... What I wanted to say with this wall of text is - THIS IS THE BEST FANFIC I'VE EVER READ! I do hope this fic gets published some day and you definately should show it to the creators of the original Initial D.
Wordsworth99 chapter 86 . 10/14/2010
Seriously Sanae, everytime I read your stories I wind up confusing the content for the actual series. I'm so incredibly impressed by your work, and this story made me cry at every emotional point. even though I was expecting Bunta to lose his wife and uncle, I still cried like a baby, everything was so very well done. I loved that even though I have absolutely no working knowledge of cars, I could still follow along with most of the technical stuff because it was very explained in a very natural way. I'm SO incredibly delighted to see that you've finished this story and please never ever stop writing because it's truly awesome to read your work! I really think you are the Fujiwara Bunta of fanfiction )
Wirenfeldt Jr chapter 86 . 8/22/2010
naturally i absolutely loved the story.. especially the rally stages.. for some reason i got totally hyped whenever i read them.. your races in general are fantastic but the final battle between Bunta and Ken was my favorite of the street races.. when Keiichi lost his license i had to laugh.. very realistic..

you made a fantastic choice of car for Bunta.. the 2000GT is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.. (random rant, that doesn't really fit in DoA.. why haven't the Toyota Supra been used, by either you or the Initial D writers? kinda disappointed about that.. i think that the Mk IV Supra is the most beautiful car we've seen in recent years, and the engine can handle extreme amounts of tuning.. and also.. it would be nice to see just a few non-japanese cars)

and although i had seen it coming from 15 miles away, i still feel like i should scream at you for what you did in DoA 81.. killing Kumiko and wrecking the 2000GT.. so sad.. although the last thing might be smart enough.. i think it would be tough to own a car which the person you loved died in..

i really hope that this isn't the last i've seen from you regarding Initial D.. your writing is simply legendary..

Wirenfeldt Jr.
Bic-Ball-Point-Pen chapter 86 . 2/16/2010
Wow... is all I can say. This story was written so well, very complete and it felt very real - like it's what ACTUALLY happened before Initial D. I read this in 5 sittings, staying awake as late as 4 am since I didn't have time during the day.

I like the different arcs of the story, how the characters devoloped as the story went along. I really enjoyed watching Bunta and the other characters grow up - that has to be my favorite element of the story. The facts were pretty spot on (except for the Fairlady being called 240Z) and the racing was written very well. At times the pacing was a bit rough (I really thought Bunta's proposal scene would have been longer, or maybe it was just me... ?) but the flow wasn't choppy and I didn't feel like anything was missing.

I got really into this one; I laughed, felt happy, felt sad, and weirded-out with Bunta when the crazy stuff happened. An epic tale and I will not ever forget it. I give it a, 11 outta 10. Gonna be checking out your other stories now, I'm sure they'll have the same standard of quality such as this.

_
Shimigami King chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
This story by far one of my favorite stories on fan fic. I don't think anyone else has taken the time to explore Bunta's life so thourghly or write a story about journey to becoming a legend and in the end setting the stage for his son!