Reviews for Dreaming of Akina
I got it! Bunta has to wait for Midori to get tired of him and move on. She's like a cat with her prey- he just needs to wait it out.
Nope. No. I REFUSE to believe that Midori us Takjmi's mother. There has to be someone else- maybe Seiko comes back, I don't know- but Midiri is NOT Takumi's mom.
Crap. I think once Bunta refuses her advances, Midiri is going to say he tried to come into her or something out of spite...
Yes Bunta! Do it!
I absolutely love this fic! Wonderful job! You can see where Bunta's temperament rubs off on Takumi, and Bunta and his uncle's relationship is wonderful! :)
Kakashiz chapter 86 . 7/6
It was a beautiful read from start to finish, and I am very very glad that I happened upon this story after it was finished, instead of before. (Heartbreaks from unfinished stories were many and frequent). Very poignant and realistic, with all the nitty-gritty details and how life always throws you a curveball when you least expect it. Somewhere in chapter 10 I noticed that there were 86 chapters which were most definitely not a coincidence xD This is canon to me now, and thank you so much for making this a part of my reading life. I will be browsing your other works for sure!
Ivahna chapter 86 . 3/5
A really good story, thank you for writing it. I keept on reading it. And its so believable.
The Stig's Roleplaying Cousin chapter 86 . 1/5
The main reason why Initial D is popular is because of the AE86.

The number of the last chapter of this story is 86.

Winter's Melancholy chapter 86 . 11/4/2015
It's been seven years since you started this story, and five since you've finished it, and I have no idea why I picked it up only now.

I know it's probably too late, and you might never read this, but I think the effort you put into this justifies my review regardless.

This piece of work was, for lack of a better work, utterly fantastic. The world you've built, the loving attention to the characters, the racers, even the timeline you've constructed; it's uniquely yours, even though the series has a touch of Shigeno'a characters in them.

You took the franchise and added a gem to it that might just have been the most amazing thing I never knew it needed.

Bunta's blank slate of a past has worked for me since the beginning of the manga/ anime, as I thought it gave him the mysterious ultimate driver/ enigmatic mentor air that most shows like these really needed, but with your writing of Dreaming Of Akina, you have officially managed to change my opinion of that.

You made Bunta a regular, if godly talented, human. You gave us a glimpse into what he might've been (was, honestly- I really want to regard this as canon) like all those years, dominating the street racing scene and shaking up the world of professional motorsports after. You made him fall in love. You gave him a loving, if eccentric, mentor. You did so many things with his character, it's now hard to imagine the series' canon without taking DoA into account.

You, dear writer, are a genius.

I am in love with this story, and I probably will be in love with it for a long time to come.

Thank you for writing such a supremely good piece of fiction; it felt almost like a light novel appended to the series, a treasure of an addition to an already amazing series. Also, thank you, for making my childhood all-time favourite love shine even brighter, with your loving description of the Initial-D styled street races and your loving attention to cars, and, lastly, thank you, once again, for having managed to make a reader invest himself so emotionally into a piece with your powerful world-building abilities.

You deserve this glowing review, and the favourites that come with it.

Looks like I'll be dreaming of Akina tonight, too.

Juicebox chapter 86 . 10/28/2014
can write, few can reach a standard like is one of ff. net's rare diamonds and I am proud for having stumbled onto it on the IDW forums.I knew it was not going to end well, but you made me cry.

Honestly, I'm glad Shigeno left Bunta's back story a blank slate, else I would not get to read this.
Agent of the Divine One chapter 86 . 10/2/2014
Wish. That was awesome! The attention to detail especially blew me away.

Thank you so much for this. It reminded me of just how much I love the show and driving. Although the closest I've gotten is the ae92.

Thanks again. Ja ne! :)
Wordsworth99 chapter 85 . 7/14/2014
Oh Sanae,
Your work is absolutely extraordinary. I've now read this fanfiction three times. It's my favorite out of your Programmed Lives Series (though I guess this is more of a spin off). It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me stay up til 3am everyday even though I had work the following day pretty much EVERY time I read it. I hope you complete your final initial d project and in the meantime, know that you have a loyal fan in me!
SilentAssassin11 chapter 86 . 7/7/2014
I couldn't stop reading this story for the better part of an entire month. I was instantly hooked, and in all honesty this is exactly how I would picture Bunta's life prior to the beginning of the Initial D series. Your writing is simply incredible; I laughed in several parts throughout the story and towards the end it was heart wrenching for me once the deaths of Kumiko and Eikichi occurred. To me there simply isn't any other Initial D fanfiction that should deserve being called the best in my own personal opinion, and let me know if you ever do have this printed into a book. I would seriously buy it. All in all, I want to say that the story is nothing short of absolutely brilliant. The cars, the races, everything is perfect. Thank you for writing such a phenomenal fanfiction.