Reviews for Thou Canst Hear Tho' From the Wild
ethicsforsale chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
This is powerful. The characters are very true to form, and your descriptions are simply amazing. Not only that, but there's a tangible sort of tenderness in Shimako and Noriko's interaction that pretty much made me fall in love with them all over again. It's rare to see Marimite shoujo-ai that's not terribly overdone, but you've really managed to capture a romantic moment while still staying true to canon.

I'm adding this to my favorites.
twistedthoughts chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
although there are small things i didn't like about this story, i have to addmit that it's really nice. i liked how you described Shimako's feelings and thoughts in such detail. it's a very deep story that is not only about Shimako and Noriko but rather the entire White Rose family and that really hit the spot with me.
Swift chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
This was beautiful.

There aren't enough Shimako/Noriko (soeur, friendship, love, whatever) fics out there. Thank you for the wonderful read.

I loved the careful way you wrote Shimako's thoughts, the way she doesn't actually plan her actions so she is really sweet, not just pretending. Her thoughts on all the important people in her life are all so wonderful and real and elaborate more on what was hinted at in the anime.

One of my favourite parts was when Shimako told Sei her aspiration and Sei's reaction to that. The dramatic irony is just perfect, and I like how you didn't spell it out for us as if we were idiots. Your whole story was like that, giving us just enough to fill in the blanks ourselves and showing us things that we wouldn't have thought about before.

I loved this fic!
Thorn on a Rose chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Thank you so much for sharing this story. I've always felt that the relationship between Noriko and Shimako should have been explored a bit more as well as Shimako's relationships with Sei and Shizuka.

Beautifully written and introspective, I enjoyed reading this very much-

Great Job and Thanks again,

ToaR
shetan83 chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
You have no idea how excited I was when I saw that you'd written a Maria-sama story. It was as beautiful as I expected it to be. A very interesting take on Shimako and Noriko's relationship, as well as that of the White Rose family. I don't know that I agree with your portrayal of Shimako, given that Sei said at some point that Shimako was the type of girl who knew what she wanted, but then again, that could just be Sei's opinion. When I was rewatching Maria-sama so that I could write my fic, I saw a lot more things about Sei's relationship with her grande soeur that directly or indirectly affected Sei's relationship with Shimako. But I love that you wrote about the "curse" of the Rosa Gigantea family, and how they more or less do unexpected things. And Noriko's moment of doubt that Shimako felt she couldn't talk to her. I feel like your characterization of Noriko was spot on.

A lot of the italics were dropped, and there's a typo in the paragraph about Shimako and Noriko making their relationship official instead of something secret and sacred. Well, I think you meant "sacred" instead of "scared", but I could be wrong. _;

There aren't as many fics dealing with the elusive and mysterious relationships in the White Rose family. I'm glad that you decided to write this. I really hope you write more for this fandom because you handle the delicacy of relationships so well, both for this story and your Utena ones.