Reviews for Paterfamilias
hotcat chapter 5 . 11/22/2013
very interesting
Charlie0925 chapter 5 . 8/25/2013
DANG this story is so diabolically awesome! Wow, truly fantastic writing hun, this storyline is amazing!

Well Abraxas & Tom sure make a fine pair huh? Abraxas creates The Monster and everyone suffers for his manipulations. Jeez, before I read the part in this chapter about Lucius being raped I actually felt sorry for Tom.

Please, please, PLEASE come back to this fic! It's far too good not to be finished and I needs me some more! ;o)
Shadow fairy princess chapter 5 . 8/22/2011
ha ha ha draco in a way had it coming but it really was funny when draco's sent a letter saying he was coming to the school. when is the next chappter going up i really want to know what draco's farter coming and having a go at him
1sunfun chapter 5 . 7/4/2011
Nice and interessting.

pulsatingcreature chapter 5 . 7/2/2009
I do love this, and I've wanted to write an Abraxas/ Tom fic for a while, but I didn't think anyone would even remember who Abraxas was. Your Abraxas is different from mine, and I'm starting to like him more than my own. :D

The relationship he and Tom have and the way you made everything flow, every event having an important role in the future, and also how Tom is trying to make Lucius fill the void Abraxas left is great, for lack of better words. I really want you to continue this story and if you have chosen not to I'm going to have a fit, since this pairing is so rare and your story is so good.
darkly sinister is good chapter 5 . 6/16/2009
Absolutely beautiful, definitely the most stunning darkly enchanting story I have ever read. I adore how you have introduced the different character's memories and the depth of the characters' psychology is breathtaking. Abraxas is gorgeously chilling, the extent of his influence on tom that you have implied is... words can describe my admiration of your writing. Your use of language and puntuality is masterful, more creative than any fanfiction I have come across.

I would love to see this story continued.
Sinister Papaya Fondue chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I really like this dark tale...any plans of continuing it?
Shoopoop chapter 5 . 11/13/2007
I absolutely adore this story. It is the first Voldemort paired with any Malfoy story that I have ever read, but I am almost afraid to read any other. After all, I feel so spoiled by reading such beautiful stories as this, I am not sure if I will like any other of the same pairing (or either one of the characters in that coupling with someone else) as much.

It is so beautifully written and indepth and so very sad. I feel awful for Voldemort (in fact, I always do) that his appearance would make Abraxas detest being with him.

I would love to see this story finished, though it seems to have been ages since you have updated it. I only hope that you will be interested in continuing it someday.
Rynaee chapter 5 . 10/23/2007
worth WAY more than latin. I love this story, particularly how nicely it meshes with canon. It's very well written too. You've characterised everybody brilliantly, particularly the Malfoys.

I am avidly anticipating the next installment (and am amazed by the small numbers of reviewers - this story is BRILLIANT, it deserves better).
MandaPandaAR chapter 5 . 5/12/2007
I'm so so so sorry this late review. Some bad stuff came up, and I was away for a few days but I'm back now and feeling awful because I wrote to you and then I didn't get the chance to read this chapter right away. But I'm here now and Jesus I loved this chapter! :) This has made my terrible week a million times better, you have no idea. (sends you lots of hugs)

This chapter was heartbreaking, but oh so perfect, and we learned a lot of interesting things. Oh gods, I loved how we got to see, or rather read, Tom's reaction to Abraxas getting married. I loved how crazy the letter was, with the wording and everything; it really showed how angry and hurt he was. I really felt bad for poor Phyllis... she never had a chance.

(giggles) When you said you included the one thing I hate the most, you were talking about Pansy right? (lol) Don't be silly! Ya I hate her character in canon, but I love how you've written her in this like you have. I just hate stories centered around her I suppose. It was brilliant though because you described her as I see her in my head. ;) I hope Draco tosses her before this story is over. (winks)

Man oh man, the part where we see Tom finally transformed was incredible! It was an amazing scene and I love that we get to see how much Tom has really changed. Well, not changed so much, but this is the first chapter that we see Tom hurt Abraxas. And speaking of hurting him... HOLY CRAP! When Snape gets the diary and he reads the passage that he does... I couldn't believe it! Voldemort was "using" Lucius even before Abraxas died! Well that makes sense since Abraxas wasn't giving V what he wanted, so V went to his son that looks so much like him, and he still does it to this day. Man, this isn't looking good for Draco. I wonder if he'll be next in line. (yikes for him)

And Draco lost the book too. Way to go Draco. (lol) I can't wait to see what Lucius has to say to him when he gets there. (double yikes for him)

This chapter was full of so much! Snape meeting Abraxas, which was brilliant because Snape is someone who has all the right connections, considering how respected he is. And then there was Abraxas's last passage. That was heartbreaking, to the point where I actually felt bad for Abraxas. He helped Tom become Voldemort, he was a terrible father, he had his wife killed, he was selfish, but he was just a lost man. A very lost man, who could have been someone great (as Tom could have) if he hadn't been brought up the way he had. It was nice to know that V was with him when he died though. At least he had someone there who cared for him, not that I blame Lucius for wanting him to die. (Even though you didn't write that, it's obvious that Lucius wanted him dead.)

I can't wait to find out what happens next! Thank you so much for getting this to us when you did, when you had Latin test the next day. You are so much love! THANK YOU! :)
Shaitanah chapter 5 . 5/9/2007
Simply beautiful! I can hardly say anything more sensible now.
MandaPandaAR chapter 4 . 3/23/2007
YES! I've been dying for another chapter! This one was... whoa! How interesting that it was Abraxas who really started it all, but it makes sense since he was right about Tom being a half-blood and not knowing all of the secrets about magic that he would know. Very interesting indeed! Tom's fury and then his quick change to affection is very disturbing, and wonderfully written. :) It's scary to see someone go from crazy angry to kind and affectionate. There's something not right about it, but as Abraxas points out, it's that old Gaunt anger in him. Yikes! Voldemort on the rise!

Dumbledore's memories were awesome because it showed a bit more of the relationship between Abraxas and Lucius. He really didn't care about him, which makes me feel even more bad for Lucius. Well, maybe he does end up caring just a little someday, but from the way Lucius acts about his father I doubt it. It's all so sad, especially when Dumbledore talks about how he failed to save Lucius and now Draco is in danger as well. I can see Voldemort using Draco just as he uses Lucius if Draco goes down that path. Poor Draco, he doesn't even realize. If he should ever find out then I'm sure he'll flip. Or maybe he'll become his father and just accept it? We'll find out. :)

Wonderful chapter love! I really, really love this story, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
Shaitanah chapter 4 . 3/23/2007
Yay! Another chapter! Been looking forward to it. Great one, as always! Your interpretation of Tom is so original! Though I have a slightly different POV, it’s always a pleasure to read your fic. Please, go on!
Shaitanah chapter 3 . 2/23/2007
This is just… wow! I mean it has everything in it, anything a fan of those characters (and I am the fan of all of them, including – and it’s really weird! – Abraxas, though my vision of him is a bit different) can desire. I wish you many-many reviews. This has to be a hit!
MandaPandaAR chapter 3 . 2/23/2007
I knew it! I knew this story could only get better and better! Gods, poor Lucius. (sad face) I thought that Voldemort might do something like this, considering that father and son look alike and what not. How painful it must be for Lucius to know that this was the man whom his father had been with and now he is forced to be with too. And the fact that Voldemort doesn't look him in the face seems so... hurtful almost, as though saying that Lucius doesn't matter at all. And Lucius has to do this in his father's room, wearing his father's clothes, in his father's death bed with a painting of his father in the room! Oh man, I may be a complete Voldemort/Tom fangirl, but wow, that's crazy and sick, but perfect, ya know? Ok, I'm not making any sense. (lol) I wonder if V plans on doing this to Draco? I wonder if Draco will find out what his father's being forced to do? Oh, so much to come!

Abraxas's and Tom's relationship is a lot of things, scary being one of them. Tom may be a handsome, smart devil, but he's still a devil, and he's so obsessed. But looking beyond that, their relationship is wonderful because they take care of each other and they need each other and even though Abraxas is the one who is sick (I love the idea about that pure-blood sickness by the way, very interesting!) it's Tom who needs the help/attention more, being as loved deprived as he is. But at least you know they truly had something together since Tom still misses/needs Abraxas, so much so that he's using Abraxas's son as a replacement.

Things are really coming together, and I love this story even more! It's amazing, it really is, and I enjoy reading it so much, and I love that you're keeping it updated! I can't wait for the next chapter love!