Reviews for Alliel's Alibi
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
The story was lovely. And to make it non-AU, all you would have to do would be to make Alliel a male and having a relationship with the Queen instead. ... Or you could keep it the King. ;)
Holly chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I really feel quite sorry for her, because she does love the king. Nice idea of how the fountain came though!
PenKnifeName chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Mhaha, I like her! And the fact that she's having a relationship with the King...
Yoinkur chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
It was well done, and well thought out. If it had been made a bit longer, it may have been more effective, but still well done. The plot was a little "wishy washy". Next time try not to have an argument, like the one between Alliel and Mogget, go on in disagreement like that. You also seemed to repeat a few things. This would not have been so noticable had the story been longer. I was also looking forward to reading something involving the Abhorsen's work, rather than a brief story that seemed to be wrapped up in a single paragraph. I still thought it was rather good though, nicely written.
Cesy chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
I like her. I'd be interested to hear more of her story, like who she ends up with, and what happens when some dead creature catches her without her bells. I did enjoy the description of the fountain, and her banter with Mogget.
Valentine's Riddle chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
I loved it! Really original, and in keeping with the tone of the series. Very well written!

Riddle x
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
A mistress Abhorsen? The idea wouldn't have even entered my mind. I'm not sure I like her as much as Rosael or Iririel, but this is great all the same. I actually like it when mogget ends up wet terrified or locked in a shed.
yongzhi93 chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
It had a good plot. However, I think that it was resolved too simply - a matter of courtship usually doesn't end in a few hours when the house cat tells you, "I told you so."

But otherwise it's well-written. (Although the King's men could have sniggered.) I particularly liked the characterisation of Alliel - as mentioned, very different from the conventional Abhorsen.
MMorris chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
I like her, a lot, but I really can't imagine her being any good at anything, really.

But it is a great little story carved out of a tiny detail, though.
RKQS12 chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
I like Alliel. It's so nice reading an Old Kingdom story. Reminds me of the books and how great they were. I love your stories.
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
lovely, lovely, lovely! i did wonder about alliel's fountain, and why it wasn't explained when pretty much every other landmark on the map was, so i thoroughly enjoyed this little snippet of abhorsen history. you capture nix's style extremely well, and i found alliel ridiculously entertaining and interesting. one of my favorite parts is the spot-on presentation of mogget here. gotta love his snark. one might also wonder if mogget secretly intuits that the time is not yet right for a wallmaker. XD

one little detail that proves, once again, how good of a writer you are, is the naming of girveon. it's difficult to invent names for characters from so distinctive of a mind as garth nix's, but you managed to create a perfectly plausible-sounding name for the king. you get a cookie! this is also for perfect grammar and spelling (it's a rarity on this place) and perfect characterization. :D

absolute best part of this little fic? that you gave alliel the 'sass' enough to give mogget a satsfying ducking. bwahaha. i am so proud of you for that. XD
Koneko-chan9 chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
I really liked the idea, and I liked your character. You could have expanded her a little more - obviously, she can't remain in stylish clothing all the time. Just a little more background, you know?

Very nice!

~Koneko-chan
Kirdane chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
this was a very nice little story, it had great imagery. I could really picture her sitting there basking in the sun and then a very soggy mogget!
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Haha, I love the conversation they had about the fountain. This was as well-written as I'd expect, and generally just very cute and amusing. Your original characters really are great. Alliel comes across very strongly even though the story is quite short. She does seem rather unconventional, but then I'm sure the whole line of Abhorsens couldn't have been exactly the same. In a more peaceful time, the Abhorsens might get a little bit lazier than usual.

To sum up: nice story. :)
GothicCheshire chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
That was good...I couldn't come up with something like this looking at a map. Well maybe I could but I doubt it. As for Alliel, I personally would not like her as the Abhorsen, seems too...prissy I guess. If that was what kept me from the dead...I think I would complain, or something like that. Mogget was funny and pushing him in a fountain sounds like a cool idea, although I highly doubt he would let you get away with it unscathed. Lovely story, I can't wait for more stuff.