Reviews for Down Time
Hieiko chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Heartbreaking. :(
hudson911 chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
I really loved the story, fantastic job.
scryoko chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Oh, I loved this.
thevigilante15 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
VEry good story!
isrocks chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
dude i love ur writing
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
This was brilliantly written; I loved it from start to ending and only wish it went on and on and on.
WinifredONiel chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Another extremely well-written story. Even though I may not agree with your interpretation of the situation, you did your job. I bought your version hook, line and sinker. Way to go! I hope this isn't a one-shot. It feels like it could become a multi-chapter. Keep up the good work.
Cold Ember chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Love it! Tony-Gibbs bonding in a non-slash way! My favorite! So is thus a one shot or will there be more? Cause I'd love to see this story play out.
celestial1 chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Oh, goody! I was hoping you'd write something soon and wondering if there was a polite was to pester you. ;-) Tony Angst can be lots of fun to write, and I'm glad you've worked in his cop background as well (that's one of my favorite aspects of his personality for reasons even I don't understand). I think it must have really taken the wind out of his sails to find out that Gibbs knew about Jeanne all along and here he's been sneaking and feeling guilty for nothing?
NotARedhead chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
The angst level here is palpable, which I assume is what you were going for, but as with other over-angsty fics, I can't help but wonder how, exactly, Tony was able to do his job with all of this subtext there. I get that he was always looking for approval and that he got a mighty big slapdown once Gibbs came back. But after the way Gibbs treated him, I just don't see Tony thinking that the one thing he has to do is tell his boss everything. I needed Tony to have some anger - not just him slipping back into the #2 spot and feeling guilty for having secrets. What about the secrets GIBBS had that he never shared? Shouldn't there be just a bit of anger towards him too?

For Tony to go from one side (keeping secrets) to the other (telling everything) so quickly - based solely on one concerned look from his boss in an alley - just seems to undercut Tony even more. As if he doesn't have the strength to do anything more than follow.

The entire piece was beautifully written - just a bit over the top for me. My favorite line, though? The bit about how he felt like a kid waiting for the QBs autograph, only to have him walk on by. That was a perfect bit of descriptive prose.
robin baby chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Wow, this was unbelievable! I loved every single word! Your style is incredible and there's so much in this story ... a quite new perspective of the things that went on between Hiatus and now. I think you described the relationship of Tony and Gibbs awesomely, and that insight into Tony's thoughts was fab!

Is there going to be more? I do hope so, although the story of course stands very well on its own.

Wonderful job!

Elfelet chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
amazing :)
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Great tag. Wonderful story.

I am still undecided about Jeanne and whether it's innocent or something undercover. I know he is falling for her - that is real - but I can't decide how it started. Part of me says - it's all innocent - no mission.

I love talks between Gibbs and Tony. You did a wonderful job.
Sternenlicht chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Hey, you know stuff we don't know? *g* I loved that ending with Jeanne, though I so hope that she isn't another case of his. The whole story was really great, the relationship of Gibbs and Tony and how he was so desperate as to finally seek help! Well done!
ladc chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Wow. How I wish it would work out that way. Still don't know if Jeanne is another case (sort of like Jeffrey White) of Tony getting too close to an assignment.