Reviews for End Only To Begin Again
NightAnonymous chapter 29 . 3/10/2017
pls update this story
Destineyofme chapter 29 . 3/7/2017
I love the story please write more
Angel-Tenshi16 chapter 1 . 1/6/2017
Please update I really want to know what will happen next and your story is really good I already read one of you story before this i think it's called "Love Potion" what's the name of sequel? Thanks Author-Chan :)
Guest chapter 29 . 12/30/2016
This is really good. I’d read your other two earlier works before and was disappointed but third time’s a charm! Your writing’s improved a lot. 3rd person POV nicely used and much smoother. The plot’s interesting and I loved the powerful and wise Kagome. I did feel it slipped up suddenly between c19-24 though. I loved your Kagome until c18/19 - how strong but also how smart. She may not like the current social customs/hierarchy but wisely realizes that she can’t change everyone’s centuries of social conditioning to fit her thoughts, and the wisdom in accepting her role as the E Lady and quickly assimilating herself in that role by acting a stoic lady…I loved that just cuz she doesn’t feel uncomfortable with being treated like a lady, she’ll try to force her ideals on everyone else with centuries of social conditioning and ignore all their culture/customs to call her by her first name…and realized I spoke too soon and was really disappointed when as soon as she’s on the road she tells Asiko that they’re equal, friends even and when alone she may just call her by her name. What if others hear her or she slips? Both are very likely.

Yet Asiko too easily adapts and acts too familiar with her, asking if she’s thinking of Sess as potential mate. She gets flustered and acts herself using future words and basically revealing herself to others. Yet she chooses to travel with them. (it’s her lands, she can go to well without them) and when she gave detailed info about her hanyou love but forced back home and back after 10 years, it’s way too much info! It’s like she wants to be discovered and trying to find way around the rules despite being told strictly that they can’t know. (she tries to find ways to travel with them, even prolonging their travels after she already slipped up). It’s so frickin obvious that even hugely dense IY suspects it’s her! Ugh. She’s barely even trying to hide but doing everything she can to hint it’s her without outright saying it. As soon as Mir confronts her she tells whole elaborate story it’s as if she’s itching to tell. Even if she was dying to see her friends (understandable) her friends’ lives are on the stake here which is why she didn’t seek them out in the first place. This K is such a huge difference from her smart/wise girl in earlier chapters I don’t like this Kagome. While Mir may have been first to suspect, had she kept acting, I don’t think anyone else would’ve known, and Mir would only have minor suspicions. I can’t help feeling Miroku wasn’t supposed to know so early…why’s it ok he knows and not the others? He’s gotta then keep it even from his wife of all people… ugh, then she decides to tell San (really that’s not going to be suspicious her E Lady talking solo with Miroku then sending in Sango for a private talk?!)… And if when IY finds out it’ll seem worse that they all knew but didn’t tell him! By c23 she did exactly what Taisho told her not to do. I think inutachi found out much sooner than they should’ve, and she even outright told Sango herself and Sess found out by eavesdropping. Argh immediately after they find out she sends them off to her castle, they’re to be given rooms next to hers, and Shippo is now prince as adopted son - now okay to announce to world? If any evil like Naraku still alive, will soon make a connection especially with her name being Kagome also and “adopted kit”. Surely Taisho had a reason that she couldn’t tell her old gang, he didn’t say stay away from them for a few days (I think it’s been like a week or something since she came!). Sango couldn’t even keep her promise for minutes (not to even talk to Mir about Kag) she’s already speaking openly to Mir about whether she’s safe (I’m surprised IY didn’t hear cuz they were all together). Sorry, the sudden switching of an “awesome” Kag (who I thought was now smarter/wiser as she’s 10Y older) to the 15yo at her worst was a disappointment and I really didn’t like her here. I just hope she hasn’t screwed everything up.

Few discrepancies or things that are very unlikely/don’t make sense which distracted from the story:
- Mir sends San, K smells her coming with Kirara, but later Kirara and her neko Lasair speak and Kirara’s not aware that Kag’s their miko.
- San calls Kag by her name without a lady/sama (before she knew who she was), very rude and no way you’d do that for a minor lord/lady let alone a cardinal one.
- I liked what Kag did at the beginning promoting Asiko (to head maid, yes, even if unrealistic cuz no way a palace wouldn’t already have a head maid of some sort running the whole palace, likely much more experienced and better) but I felt she was going a overboard making her a vassal. She’s not qualified at all, she doesn’t even know whether she’s trustworthy and she’s plummeted to the top of the top when there could be other more hardworking/worthy people. I didn’t feel defence is necessary for Asiko but it’s nice idea, but the necklace charm? She shouldn’t be taking her, a defenceless maid, out in the first place!
- why take Asiko with her on patrol to fight a rogue youkai? She can’t even fight. She should be at the castle overseeing not only the cleaning but also the preparations for the upcoming meeting with the lords. Why take her in the first place? She needs to be guarded and flown back by Lasair even so K’s left with no supplies or she’s gotta carry her own stuff cuz she sent Lasair back with Asiko. (Just be careful you don’t take Asiko too far, I do hate it when OCs turn mary sue or take up a too much of the story and she’s kinda pushing it)
- also, she shows Asiko so much favouritism for seemingly no good reason. From other more worthy staff (while experience isn’t everything) they most importantly, weren’t even given a chance to prove themselves, and someone so low without qualifications who suddenly just jumps up there’s bound to be a lot of friction. (btw it’s great Asiko has a supportive hubby but when told of her sudden status jump he’s dreaming of becoming a minor lord?! oh dear…I just didn’t see much gratitude just greediness, and while supporting his mate he was planning to use her status to his advantage too - no doubt these would be thoughts that come later but if these are immediate first thoughts, it feels like he’s too calculating haha)

I liked that Rin was mated with Ship tho was wondering why Sess would take a grown up mated woman with him to the East, and why she was still living with Sess…and hated finding out that Ship’s still young. T T Please don’t make him too young, at least a teen and I wish they got together quick cuz sorry the forced mating on a child is cruel… it’s been 10yrs, I want to see a grown up Ship and not babied (I wanna see cute SxK babies that’ll be babied this time haha!), I’d prefer to see Ship/Rin already happily mated and out of home actually. Rin’s already 21 when other girls would’ve gotten married 12-15ish in those days…

I’m not trying to flame you, I just really loved the story so much that I was really disappointed in some of the very unlikely things that happened, or sudden change in Kagome’s character (mostly in like c18-24ish) which kept pulling me out of the story, but still like it, it’s promising. Thankfully Kag’s back on track once she left Inuyasha and met up with Sess! She just should’ve never met up with Inutachi so soon methinks! Haha (Please, don’t turn her into a crying 15yo but I really hope she moves on quick…and Inu too…I really don’t want to see another Inu-his mate-Kag drama, that’s really old, and it’d be nice to see the poor guy happy for once! lol)

One suggestion on thoughts. Sometimes you use three single quotation marks within one thought. I think it’s cuz single quotation marks are easily overlooked so best use italics for thoughts which is easier for you to note and us to read. Thanks for sharing, it’s nicely done and I hope you’ll finish this story someday.

PS/ I do wonder why none of the more “superior” youkais never feel the Shikon at all (late E lord, warriors/general/Sess even) yet the lowest youkais could? Hmm. Anyway, wish you a very happy 2017 ahead! :)
cmoss6 chapter 29 . 7/20/2016
I really wish you would continue this story. I have been waiting years
Guest chapter 29 . 2/28/2016
Really hope you continue this story. I love it. Keep up the great work.
DrunkOctopus chapter 29 . 7/6/2015
Interesting story, i enjoyed it and perhaps stayed up a bit to late to conclud it. I do hope you finish this story.
Much thanks
Yuki0514 chapter 29 . 5/8/2015
I truly enjoyed your story. I hope you update soon :-)
Guest chapter 29 . 2/23/2015
please update! i cant w8 2 c wht hapends!
chibi-Clar chapter 29 . 8/28/2014
This is awesome! Super interesting!
Can't wait for kagome to come to the Easter palace witht the western kimono on!
chibi-Clar chapter 28 . 8/28/2014