Reviews for Chrysalis
Asymmetric chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Oh my god.

Oh my god oh my god this.

This.

Thank you.
Aschenhimmel chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
I was inwardly grumbling about the lack of Ashe/Rasler fics out there, then I found this.

This is simply beautiful.

Your characters are very real and you captured the awkwardness of Ashe's situation as a princess growing up and already betrothed. The mature scenes are written very well, not being overly descriptive or vague about it, and I like how you focused on sensations more than the action itself. And the last part, where Ashe tore the bedsheets plus the last line - very, very poignant. You write wonderfully! :D Keep it up!
Dracorum chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
You made me cry at the last scene...T.T

Incredible story.
SasukeBlade chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
This is an incredible piece of writing. I admire how very human you made Ashe, and how very realistic her past was.
kinky boot fiend chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
(Is it a sign that the 'Are You Human?' was 'suicidal writers'?)

This was excellent. It flowed well, and was a wonderful look at Ashe's life before the game.

I especially loved the scene with Ondore when Ashe is sixteen, and the last vignette before Rasler goes to war. The last sentence completes the whole story, and fits so well.

Gorgeous work.
MilesTailsPrower-007 chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
That was so sad! D:

I love the way you put it together, with scenes for each year starting at twelve. It was nicely illustrated that way, all in sequence. The way they both sort of... grow up together seemed so sweet. I particularly liked how the awkwardness just began to fade with time (and age). The end -the last line in particular- was especially nicely worded. (You seem to be really good that way.)

Beautiful! I'd say yours is some of the best fanfiction on the site. 8D
silentalarm17 chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
I've lurked on for years now, but I had to register just so I could say this:

I love this story, it is well written, and just beautiful :)

You are a fantastic writer and I look forward to reading more of your stories. Keep it up!
Gutemine chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
This is really beautiful. And sad. And funny. And a million other things I can't think of a word for now other than amazing. Thank you very much.
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
wow, love it you tell the story of Ashe's time through puberty really well~

i love how the story is split into smaller sections, it makes it interesting to read as every bit is slightly different..

love it~! this is a favourite for definite!
Exhile87 chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
This was brilliantly written! Your writing style is amazing, and I especially like the way you ended the chapter. There aren't enough Rasler/Ahe fics out there, IMO... P Nice work!
foolishpride chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I've actually never played FF XII. I looked you up after reading Behind the Darkness by Admiral Godunov, and I must say that even though I know next to nothing about these characters, your fic made me sympathize, giggle, gasp, and identify with Ashe and her struggling with the death of her brothers and the departure of her husband. This is first-class material. Thank you.
Lord Gabranth chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Theres no words in the english language that describes this...Thank you.
Muscat-Dunghill chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
My God. The best FFXII fic evah-h-h. Every sentece is so perfect. It really was. Each part is poignant. Fabulous. Ashe and Rasler interaction is so... so... beautifully weaved I lost my words to express my admiration. *hyperventilates*

Flawless.

I think I can't give you compliment much enough, but you really really have had indulged us by writing it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Phone Five chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
That was both beautiful and sensual. I loved every moment of it.
forever-derelict chapter 1 . 3/23/2007