Reviews for What I can do
Aww! Loved this! :)
Desertfyre chapter 5 . 9/5/2010
Lovely story! I really enjoyed it! Very different AU take. D
rozzy07 chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
I am so late in telling you what a powerful ending this was to

one hell fo a great story that it seems criminal - so my apologies for being a felon in the making! I have to confess that I have just reread all 5 chapters and you made me cry, honest to goodness cry, from start to finish. Only for my heart to break even harder when Sam confessed his reasons for giving back to Dean something he thought more precious that his own life, to give back his, their, dad, and that it was a 'good trade'. Also I loved how you acknowledge that the haunting words Dean used of 'too little, too little' truly scored deep enough in Sam to make it almost a fatal wound.

All in all a truly wonderful read from start to finish, leaving me ever the more invested in them Winchester boys, with their broken hearts and psyches, damages withstanding, knowing that the love you have wrapped around them is the source of their strength to see them through most anything heaven or hell can throw at them... Thank you so much for sharing this with, despite my tardy review status.
gidgetgal9 chapter 5 . 9/8/2008
Wow, what a powerful and touching story! It was recommended at Live Journal's Storyfinders and I'm glad I read it! :0)
tanpopo no hana chapter 3 . 2/26/2008
If Sam really went to the impala then that's pretty morbid. I mean... to let Dean work all around his dying body the whole day without seeing him. I actually don't think he'd do that to Dean. And I'm surprised that Dean's not conflicted as to the fact that bringing back Sam means killing his father all over again. Not that I doubt he'd bring back Sam, but it looks like he doesn't really care about that...

But the whole idea for this story still rocks :o)
tanpopo no hana chapter 2 . 2/26/2008
Wow... this is amazing! Sam's letter and Dean's reaction almost brought tears to my eyes!
stranded chess piece chapter 5 . 8/10/2007
i'm just getting round to collect all my favourite stories and this was one that stuck in my mind. Nice idea and really good job of writing it :)
Ghostwriter chapter 5 . 6/25/2007
Cool. Loved it. Catch ya on the flip side.
kaly chapter 5 . 3/12/2007
Sacrificing for Dean Sammy is one of my favorite kinds of Sam - he's such the wonderful little brother. I've been craving post-ELaC angst and this fit the bill perfectly. :)
friendly chapter 5 . 2/26/2007
that was really good..
H.T.Marie chapter 5 . 2/26/2007
Oh, finally they talk AND hug. Damn stubborn boys. Perfect ending, doll.

Thanks,

H.T.Marie chapter 4 . 2/26/2007
“I’m cursed. Everyone around me dies…can’t watch you or him die again, I can’t.”

And isn't this a perfect testament to the solitude of grief? Every one of the Winchester men probably feels exactly this same way, and with good reason. And aren't they all selfish, then, in their desire to keep it for themselves, all willing to martyr themselves by letting the grief consume them rather than share it with each other and heal? In their effort to keep the pain for themselves and protect the others, don't they shut each other out and deny them all a chance to move past it together? Oh, stupid, stupid men. God, I love them.

H.T.Marie chapter 3 . 2/26/2007
I find this intriguing, because I've read a few of the other reviews on this, and some of the people who cursed out my Dean for being selfish enough to make a deal with a demon are praising Sam for making a sacrifice. It's always amazing to me how biased this fandom is toward one or the other. No one seems to get that it's love that makes the boys do anything, and that love makes them human and imperfect and prone to do things that we can all take offense to when viewing from an outside perspective.

In all honesty, I also had one girl who said that Sam was an ass for making Dean forget and that she hoped Dean never forgave him. LOL. We all know that would never happen.

Where is the love people? You, it seems to me, understand how these boys work, what they are willing to do for each other, and that they do it because they are human and imperfect, not because they are perfect.

Love this little story so far.

H.T.Marie chapter 2 . 2/26/2007
LOL, Sam seems to be getting off on erasing people's memories lately. In all honesty, though, before I wrote If He Were Mine and Double Blind, I tried to think of any way that Dean could let Sam go and just be happy, and like Sam said, realize that he's worth saving, but I couldn't think of one way Dean would ever do it unless he didn't know Sam at all. So, I can totally see how you went this route.

And the part about Sam needing Dean more than Dean needed him, so true as well. I've often thought and written on more than one occassion that The Winchesters would probably all be in hell by now if not for Dean. But then, that's just one total Dean girl's opinion.

pandora jazz chapter 5 . 2/25/2007
I will admit, I read the ending first, just to make sure it wasn't a death fiction. I can't/won't read those.

You did a wonderful job of capturing the spirit of the brothers and John.

I like how both Dean and John knew something was wrong, but couldn't figure it out due to the memory spell. You did a great job with Bobby, love that character, hope Mr. Kripke keeps him around, he is good for the brothers now that John is gone. I like how Bobby explained to John that Dean and Sam were not prepared for their father dying.

The letter from Sam was heartbreaking, but so true. "I tried to reach out to you, but you won't or you can't hear me. Not any more."

Dean's reaction to the realization that he had forgotten the most important person to him was perfectly written. The pain of feeling the loss of his brother and than using the anger to focus and find Sam. When Dean found Sam and told him "I need you here with me...you can't leave..", those words were forgotten when time reset, but we did get to see some of this emotion at the end of 'Bloodlust.'

I hope that subconsciously Sam will remember the words his father spoke to him, that he loved him.

The ending was perfect as Dean promised someday he would talk to Sam and hear what Sam had to say about how he is feeling. Because even though it did take too long this season, eventually the brothers do talk and we get the Dean and Sam connection we all love.

I knew your name seemed familiar. You are writing "If Only". I remember it from when I first started reading on this site after 'Supernatural' started. I haven't really followed that story, it was a little to violent for me at the time, with what happen to Sam. Sorry to read you have been sick. I hope you get to finish your story someday, you've been working on it along time.

I really enjoyed this story "What I can do", I'm glad I took a chance and read it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »