Reviews for Island
underhandlilies chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
This was so...so sweet. I don't like Riku/Roxas, but I REALLY liked this one. Awesome. :)
Citrus Sunscreen chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
That was really sweet, I like how it was really focused on Riku.
The Ninja Who Wanted To Be A Samurai chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Wow, that was truly amazing. Your writing style is so unique, and it sometimes confuses, but other times it wrapped me up so tight that I understood everything on a much deeper level. Bravo on taking such a wonderful pairing and really bringing out the best in the two characters.
Adrian Winter chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I'm perplexed as to why this story doesn't have more reviews because it's frikkin' awesome. You did a great job- your writing style is really different, and was a lot of fun to read. Excellent work!
Oh Em Gawd chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
I loved it. It was really good.
Lyrical Rex chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
This is such a beautiful piece. There are so many memorable lines, and the pacing and the mood is just wonderful. The characters and emotions are so vivid, and I like where there are hints of events and so on that show that things are happening outside the scope of Riku and Roxas, like Sora's ring from Kairi.
Smoking Panda chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Very sweet...-
Xx.Toxic.Little.KisseS.xX chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
I liked this a very great deal

*loves*

Love,

Jaffa

xoxoxo
Animegoil chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Wah, I loved this! It was very interestingly done- all the separate scenes, and the feel of their relationship. Like, there was nothing obvious about it, it was just this _thing_, but it still felt natural and not abrupt or odd when it did develop into something. Aw, and the last scene! How sweet, I loved the contrasts you made between them and the people around them. It made it seem like a very genuine love. The whole fic had very genuine feelings and thoughts, and I thought you had Riku's refusal to accept that he was staying because of his disbelief and fear that it wasn't true very realistically portrayed (did that sentence make sense?) but anyway. For a moment, it took me a second to understand from whose POV this was, I thought it was from Roxas, cause the referral to Axel's witch green eyes got me thinking it was Riku's green eyes, (whoops) so when you kept mentioning the blond kid I was confused and blah blah. I got it after a little bit _ And you made me enjoy Kairi, which is something not many people do. Not that I dislike Kairi, (don't like her in between Sora and Riku though). lol. So yes, this is my pet odd pairing, RikuxRoxas _And I have you to thank for it.
ooOoo0ooOoo chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Man, this is creepy, because until I was. . . fourteen? (Maybe fifteen)I moved at LEAST every three months. I went to more schools than I could count. And I hated yearbooks.

Now, yes, I have moved a handful of times, but I go to the same high school.

And I'm the editor.

Go figure.

THANK YOU! My friend, Carmen Aistrup, found this posted before I did, and promptly bashed me.

You made my year. This is the best birthday present, except for maybe my dog!
qkjoaf chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Wow, wow, wow. So pretty. It felt almost like peeking in on a dream, drifting through someone's thoughts, entangling in his emotions. So beautiful. I love how you structured the story. Not too much detail, just enough, and each line tugging you along on to the next. I glided through, read effortlessly, and the last few lines made me so happy.

"But maybe his smiling face was enough.

Maybe the satisfaction building in Riku’s lungs was enough.

Maybe an island can never escape the sea."

Do you know how awesome those were? Obviously, because you wrote them, but still. Wicked. And I rarely ever see RikuRoxas. What a pleasant change of pace. Love it.