Reviews for Fur and Steel
No longer existent chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
interesting I'm a big fan of SaberWulf
SenkoLKE chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Well, first, the praising. This is, without a doubt, the best KI fanfiction I've read. Sabrewulf's my favorite char, and something I love is to see my favorite chars suffer (don't tell me I'm a wacko, because I already know it :)
In response to everyone's reviews, I'd like to expose my own conclusions about Sabrewulf.
I think that the one that beated him up wasn't Cinder, but Glacius. Both of Sabrewulf's endings in KI2 shows that Sabrewulf has a grunge against Glacius' species. If you kill Glacius, you get the "good ending" (Sabrewulf returning home, no cure). If you spare Glacius, you get the "bad ending" (Sabrewulf's mind finally deranges and becomes a savage beast).
Same with Glacius. Spare Sabrewulf, and you get either the ending when he kills him after finding his lost partners, or the one where SW begs Glacius to find a cure for him, and in exchange, he'd help him to find his friends.
So, I guess Glacius beated up Sabrewulf, until the point that he had to went under surgery.
That's my conclusion. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll apreciate it :)
BTW, SabreWulf looks much better in KI2 than in KI1
Tiberious chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
I like this, for a start. In response to Kaempfer's review, this is his Killer Instinct 2/KI Gold backstory. In the sequel, Sabrewulf's bio simply says this:
"Unwilling to succumb to the beast within, Sabrewulf was badly beaten in the first KI tournament. Driven insane by Ultratech's 'repairs', he now has only revenge to live for."
While it's true it doesn't say who did it, it WOULD be logical that it would be Cinder; Rare removed him, along with Riptor and Chief Thunder for the 3 newcomers (Tusk, Kim Wu and Maya) in KI2.
This story did quite well in fleshing out the Killer Instinct 2 backstory for this character, though more should be done with it. One thing that bothered me is that it was Orchid coming to his defense. She was the one responsible for destroying Eyedol and sending Ultratech back 20 years (the setting for KI2), or had that not happened yet?
A Bowser fan chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
What a great story! Not only am I a Mario villan fan I'm also a Killer Instinct fan and I say that was the best story I've read in a while I would give this story a 12 on a 10 rating scale.
A Bowser fan chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
Cup of Joe chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
I'm like you, preferring the light hearted stuff, and humor, but this was nicely done, and more informative about Sabrewulf for me. (Personally, I didn't know much about him). *clappity-clap*
Kaempfer chapter 1 . 5/26/2002
Firstly, this is not s flame. These are things that I think you did wrong/could have done better.

Firstly, there's too much detail in some places (Like when Doc cut his arms off) and not enough in others (actually describing his arm.) It's like you're going for a gross out rather than real entertainment.

I like Sabrewulf. He was my favorite character. Now, I haven't played beyond the original on the SNES, but I remember Cinder being a pushover most of the time. All you had to do was use Sabrewulfs charge move and knock hims across the screen. I dunno if they hint at this in the later games or not, but why did you pick Cinder? I'll give you the benefit if the doubt, since this is mostly a matter of opinion. But come on, Cinder?

I actually found this one funny. As far as weapons go, a .22 rifle is about as weak as it gets. I doubt the guards for Ultratech, the most powerful organization in the world, would be running around sporting a weapion that has trouble punching trough tin cans :/

Change hawk to wolf. A rabbit never gets a look at the hawk. Know how a hawk kills small animals? It just falls on them. Puts all its weight into a plummet and either spears it with its claws or breaks its back or neck by the impat. No, a rabbit never gets to see the hawk.

I doubt Sabrewulf would freak so much about killing someone. As you yourself stated, the Killer Instinct matches are 99.9% of the time, fatal. Not to mention the fact that if he's far enough into his lycanthropic state to actually stay in that form, he's had this little talk with himself a long time ago.

All in all, I always imagined Sabrewulf to be a little more... Hardcore than your portrayal. I will give you this one; it's a matter of opinion. But the others are serious probs that need to be corrected for believability's sake.
Chaos Githzerai chapter 1 . 4/30/2002
Very well written! This is a very nice and belevable story of how Sabrewulf got those metal arms of his. Poor Sabrewulf. *snugs him*

Anyways, keep up the good work! i'd love to read more KI/KI2 fics from you!

* Revanche
Ficfan chapter 1 . 2/19/2002
I liked your Fur and Steel story. I think you should continue it
Zpan Sven chapter 1 . 1/10/2002
This is good, I'd like to see more!
Patrick chapter 1 . 9/1/2001
This was a good story about how Saberwulf got his arms.
Cythen chapter 1 . 8/10/2001
Incredible story. Keep going with it, make it a huge revenge thing! Great working Orchid in there.
Brandon Williams chapter 1 . 7/18/2001
That story was ok.I liked it .Are you gonna write more stories about Saberwulf? Please do because he is cool. If I had to rate that story I'd give it 4 stars
Tyrablaze chapter 1 . 7/16/2001
Awww. I always was a Saberwulf fan (always used him when I played KI). It's a good story, it flows pretty well. Good job for your first darkfic.
Dax chapter 1 . 7/8/2001
you should do one about cinder redeeming himself