Reviews for John's Remembrances
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Well, I think it's good just the way it is LOL

Real good dear! I love these angsty little stories )

Kisses

Rosetta
Aimed mischief chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
Aw, that was heart-breaking. I loved it. _
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Really heavy and uncomfortable insights for John, realizing how he, to his own mind, failed his son.

Nicely written and true.
Revert to Normal chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
This was really good! While most of us were probably able to guess what Dean's childhood...or lack of...was like, you were still able to put a new light on it. I really liked how showed that John knew he was too hard on him but couldn't stop it.

Very nice!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
What a heartbreaking story, John's not my favorite guy but after reading his thoughts as to how he'd failed his boys, I kind of respect him a bit more, awesome job with the angst.

I too would have loved to see an eppy about Dean after Sam leaves for Stanford but if Kripke never gives us one at least I'll have these wonderful stories.

Now get working on the other story or no more cookies!
Variou5 chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
really good fic, well-written. you did a good job with John.
gretchless chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
aw bless dean, i can't help nut think do john as a hard ass that dumped a little too much on his choldrens plates as if he didnt even think about it ... so its weird to read a fanfic like this and see this sort of side of him if ya get me ... anyways i just wanted to say it was really good ! and weel wrote too !
eliza-w chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
I'm sure that John must have regretted so many things in his life, especially the way he raised his children. This story really shows all of that. Great job!
nocturnal08 chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Good writing and I like the sentiment. I think maybe a few examples (of specific fights, flashbacks instead of generalizations) might help to make the imagery more vivid, though I appreciate the depth of analysis into John and Dean. You definitely want to think about breaking up your paragraphs, though. The block of text is not easy to navigate and there are tons of places you could put paragraph breaks. You'll get a lot more readers that way. Good job.
Brenny chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
awesome story, but reading wasn't easy, i mean wasn't that bad because it's a quite short story,but a few more breaks would have been helpful.

anyway good job *g*
04238 chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
That was just brilliant. John's guilt was written perfectly for such a man who hides his emotions in his way. Some of my favourite lines have got to be:

'Fine. Yeah right. John wished he could remove the word from Dean’s vocabulary.' You can be casual but still pack a punch with that line

'The quiet little boy had now become a cocky, confident, fearless, stoic hunter.' Like that innocence bit at the end, just made you go 'aw'

'It was as if that four-year old boy had begun to build a wall – a weak wall, but a wall nonetheless.'

'John’s gaze went once more to his son, traveling over the map of scars that stood out some sharply, others minor imperfections is his no-longer smooth skin.

'John was starting to realize that maybe he and Sam took Dean’s support for granted.'

And I just loved this, the sadness and all, you did an amazing job.
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
Hey :-) ... i think you wrote this very well and i too would like to see or know Dean's reaction to Sam leaving. I think your take on it was really good :-)

Tara :-)