Reviews for Cat's Bells
clow-san chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
This is wonderful absolutely wonderful. The banter is precious and definitely in character.

Great job!
kerricarri chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Their 'origin' story, nicely and smoothly translated into Nolan's universe. And it's refreshing to see their very first meeting, and Bruce's own reactions to it, as their comic book relationship of continual chase/foreplay across rooftops is both a neverending limbo and the status quo. The best part, though? The thrill from reading their coy, flirtatious exchanges mixed in with Bruce's bell tower revelation of how much he enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy!) this new adversary of his. Yum.

The dialogue, on Selina's part, was particularly well handled. You can really see all the subtitles and nuances of their relationship begin to cement with her coy words. First there's her eagerness and glee in encountering/flirting with Batman, coupled with her surprisingly and casually introspective words about 'justice.' It creates a nice sense of the gray morality in her world, which Bruce will have to struggle against frequently when dealing with her. I wish I knew more about Alice in Wonderland to figure out precisely why Selina left that excerpt at the crime scene, though.

It's obvious it's way too early in their relationship to have portrayed at this point, but I've got this wistful sigh since I wish I could've seen the famed dynamics between Bruce and Selina where he tries to reform her while she stubbornly sticks to the gray side of life. They've got a delectable thing going on. And I love Nolan's gritty realism. I can't stop snickering at Christian Bale's flummoxed face, as he denies the appeal of the Cat. One can only hope that the female lead in the upcoming movie is Selina!
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
This is a pretty perfect little Catwoman piece. She’s a rarity among Batman’s foes in that she’s actually not a bad person. And it comes out well here, even if she’s hurting him there’s something playful about it. And his anticipation for their next encounter feels very much in-character. Very nice.
xKillthelights chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Wow, I wish I could describe fight scenes like you. Actually, I don't think I've described one before, but it seems really hard. Poor Batman, he's going to need another cape now. This was really cool, I like the little conversation with those two people in the church, and how Catwoman left that torn page in the glass.
Darkness Takes Over chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Woah. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one shot. I have to say I have always liked Catman woman since I first saw the movie Batman Returns with Michelle Phieffer (sp?). I thought the scene where Batman and Catwoman are discussing their outfits was very amusing! :) Great one shot!
ria chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
loved the line "so does rat" i laughed...can you imagine "nananananana RATMAN!" ?
sanmi chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
This was amazing.

Not only did you capture her wit but you made her intelligent as well.

Usually they just give her teasing and sexual taunts.

Loved how you made him anticipate their next encounter instead of just finding her a nuance or annoyance.

Oh how I wish you would continue.

This has to be the best Bat/Cat Nolanized fic I have read by far.

Very sad shame that it "has" to end here :-(
sparrowed chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
THIS is why I'd love to see Catwoman in the next Nolan Batman film; there's a dynamic between them that isn't shared between anyone else. Great job!
ab chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Quite enjoyable. I hope they bring Catwoman into the Nolanverse! They have to replace Heath Ledger somehow... Anyways, excellent action, easy to follow. Good dialogue too. Keep up the good work!
graceland chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
It's nice to a fic that introduces Catwoman in the Batman Begins universe. I liked the way the characters played off each other and the dialogue was amazing. I definitely plan to check out more of your work, I love Catman/Batman shipping.
Seren McGowan chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
That was...AWESOME!

They should make a movie out of your story, i'd surely buy it!

I love your writing, the ideas, averything!

Goes to faves! and I'll keep reading!
Cog in the Machine chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Great one-shot with intelligent dialogue and pitch-perfect characterizations. I especially liked the Lewis Carroll quote at the end. Bat and Cat are my favorite couple in all of comics; they are such fun to read, whether they are fighting or flirting. I never thought to look in the Batman Begins section until today. I'm glad I did - this is really nice work.
Sierra Blanca chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
A very intriguing story. I could see this happening in the film if Catwoman were ever to appear. You've got their banter down, although she's not quite as flirtateous as I've seen her elsewhere. No sense getting too flirty on a first "date" though, right? This definitely is a favorite.

Oh, FYI: I tried to check out your website listed on your author profile page but the link is no longer valid. :(
AceTheBatHound chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Oh, this is a terrific introduction of Catwoman to this Batman world. I would love to see her in one of the future Batman films but I worry how it would be handled. Perhaps the film makers should come to you for advice? Batman seems a bit...verbose to me, but I like your explanation about keeping the criminals talking. Delightful!
araiday chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Oh my...or should that be MEOW? Lovely fic! I was wondering how Catwoman could be incorporated into the Batman Begins saga what with psycho murderers, rapists and drug kingpins running amuck in Gotham. There just wouldn't seem to be much time for him to try and thwart a thief. However, she's such a wonderful adversary for him that she just has to be included.

Catwoman/Selina has had many "origins" in both comics and films -some of which I detest with a passion. I'd be interested to see your take on how she came to be.