Reviews for On My Own
SkySorrow chapter 1 . 6/29
A fantastic piece, written in a brilliant form, though I would have actually liked to hear some lyrics sneaking through. SS
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
This was so impossibly beautiful, I can't give you enough adoration in one review
Everything fit so perfectly. I could see it so clearly in my head and I loved the idea of Elphie observing the engagement announcement.
It almost seemed poetic...I wanted it to end, but at the same time I didn't.
HollyBush chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Stumbled upon this while looking for ways to put off writing my essay. Absolutely heartbreaking. Loved every bit of it!

Holly
theatre4life chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
This is so beautiful and heartbreaking...amazing.
Trainee Hero chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
He was thinking of you Elphie! He picks you! ... I'm type-yelling at a fictional character? That says something about this story. And my sanity.
roberre chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
SQUEE!

I love this.

It really gives insight ( I know, you're probably tired of hearing this, but it's true ) into Elphaba's motives, actions, and personality. It really brings to head some of the things she told Glinda when they were fighting. There's a sad mood over this story, but the little bit of hope is there, which is nice.

Oh, and I really like the shadow-Glinda and Fiyero, that's a nice touch.
thequietwriter chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
This is beautiful!
The Phantom's Muse chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
YAYY! Another great oneshot by you! .

This matched 'On My Own' so well! I was singing the song in my head. I really couldn't help it...Honest.

'No, this, she realized with some surprise, was more concerned with what Glinda had gained from this particular victory than with the fact of the victory itself. In other words – Fiyero.'

-Well, this is completely understandable. I mean, yeah...Fiyero. Duh.

'And suddenly she thought she understood what had been going through Boq’s mind as he begged Nessa to let him go and appeal to Glinda one more time before he lost his last chance.'

-Wow...I NEVER thought that would be possible. O.o

'The world and its troubles couldn’t touch them; nothing mattered except that they were together, even if it was just for this moment.'

-Hmm...Where have I heard THAT lyric before? lol. I really liked how you added that in. A bit of foreshadowing, if you will.

'As she watched, the silhouette of a man appeared against the golden background, leaning forward with his forearms on the windowsill. She realized from his profile and posture that it was Fiyero, and she allowed herself to imagine for the briefest instant that he was thinking about her.'

-Wow...If I saw Fiyero, I would NEVER leave! .

'Then a second shadow materialized next to the first, this one of a woman. Her skirt was wide, and even from this distance Elphaba could make out her ringlets. The shadow-Glinda took the shadow-Fiyero by the elbow, and together they disappeared from the window.'

-Damn!
WhisperedMuse chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Wow. As soon as I read the title I knew I had to read this. Les Mis and Wicked all in one fic! Well, near enough. Beautifully written. All I can say right now because, considering I was speechless after I read it, this is all I can manage to type. Well done!

Kate x
Bomba-Fae chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Well at least tomorow will be a good day for Elphie :D :D :D

I always loved the song 'on My Own" and I always thought of Elphie while listening. Awesome job.
kaliawai512 chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
OMG BEAUTIFUL! As I said, it ROCKS! Sad and gorgeous and romantic and deep and touching and...shall I go on?

Glinda: No, Lauren, I doubt there would be anymore space for OTHER reviewers if YOU went on.

Me: Yeah, yeah, that's true. Anyways, YAY YAY YAY!

Lelphie: *from downstairs* LAUREN QUIT YELLING!

Me: Sheesh, okay! Well, I'll talk to you later, Nicole! GREAT job! Rock on! :D