Reviews for Safer to Be in Chains
Khiori chapter 26 . 7/11/2012
AHHH! Don't leave me there-I want to know what happens! Seriously, this is AWESOME. I've read all 26 chapters in one sitting, it is that good. PLEASE write more!
Khiori chapter 18 . 7/11/2012
Grin, seriously, I love this story. Poor heroine, the things she gets dragged into. This runs just like reality-you can see this happening. You've done amazing work. LOL, she's going to be standing in line to thump that boy if she ever finds him again!
Khiori chapter 14 . 7/11/2012
I am seriously LOVING this story! You've caught perfectly what it would be like to be a non-A-list superhero-dealing with non-A-list villains. Funny, clever, and faithful. This is awesome. Realistic and a definate keeper, this baby is going into my favs! Thanks! Now I'm on to reading more of this cool story!
Loki's Son chapter 26 . 3/24/2011
Yes! An update! I've loved this story ever since I discovered it. It made me look up Free Spirit and find out just who the heck she was. I love the appearances of the obscure villainesses. It's fun to see characters I had either forgotten about or never knew about. This stems in part from my not having picked up a Marvel title since 92 (and no, my track record with the OTHER companies isn't any brighter) so it's a sheer delight to discover or rediscover these minor threats to existence. The appearances by Zaladane, the Enchantress (who did manage to appear in Secret Wars), and Dreamqueen were especially noteworthy (at least to me).

It must be difficult to continue to ferret out worthy nemeses so I applaud your efforts and look forward to another installment whenever it comes out!
chessvain chapter 25 . 10/11/2010
it blows my mind that this doesn't have more reviews. but i have enjoyed all the chapters so far and i am glad you seem to be updating it steadily. thanks for the great work
chessvain chapter 23 . 11/2/2009
wow i resisted reading this for quite a long time as generally speaking i don't like marvel or many of it's fanfiction adaptions. but given how much i loved your faith of the five and question stories i decided to give it a try. and am i ever glad i did it's so funny and exciting especually as free spirit keeps trying to catch a brake and not being able too. while it's alittle conveint that so many villians and changes seem to be happening in such rapid sucession it makes for a great story and i am loving it.
tomstedham chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I like this series!
Dan Ingram chapter 19 . 5/9/2009
Neat little ongoing you have hear. Definately within the spirit (no pun intended) of Mark Gru, creator of Free Spirit. Very well thought out and nicely executed, overall.
Eleve Osirian chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Here's my review for the game:

"the suspect’s right wrist to his own left wrist"-you don't need the own since we know whose it is. The sentence would flow better if you worded it different, as saying wrist twice close together is repetitive. Perhaps something like "..right wrist to his left."

"(Male Caucasian..."-this sentence doesn't need () if its in italics.

":Diversion."-I'm assuming you used the : by accident.

“You lead the way up the stairs; I follow."-this could be better said, "you lead the way up the stairs and I'll follow. The semi-colon makes it a bit choppy.

Overall, it was good. There are some places where certain sentences are a bit awkward, but nothing a good beta couldn't help you with. I liked your attention to their conversations, although I wish you had a bit more detail about the setting, perhaps even what they were feeling.I'm not familiar with the fandom, so I cannot if you kept the charcters in character or not. Hopefully this helps a bit.

-Kiaga
Walter Kovacs chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Free Spirit. You actually went and wrote a fanfic that stars Free Spirit. If nothing else, I admire your spunk. I doubt there are many who remember that particular mid-nineties Cap sidekick (I barely recall her, myself). And she goes up against Zaladane, of all opponents. I feel like finding my copies of the Official Handbook in order to brush up.

The story itself comes off as well-written. No noticeable spelling or grammar mistakes, which is always nice. First person narrative gives a decent understanding of our protagonist, but it feels like there could be more. However, that could just be an effect of the rather short chapters. All in all, pretty decent.