Reviews for The Devil You Know
Kaewi chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
I don't even know what to say about this. It's beautiful.

Even at the end of everything, in the one moment where everything should have been perfect, the echoes of the possession come back. I love that final detail!

I especially like how Dean never actually clues in about Sam, and Sam never bothers him with it.

Seriously, there's nothing I can say that will do this justice.

!
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
wow. that was great!
snchills chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Great tag. I wonder how much of that week is going to come back to haunt Sam later on. Only a few things were mentioned during the episode. Almost anything could have happened and we won't know about it until evil Kripke decides to spring it on us.
MistyEyes chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Aww, Sammy! ;_; This was perfect. Dammit, Kripke, USE THIS!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Wow, just WOW! This is one of the most powerful pieces I've read. We only got a snippet of time in the episode, and I think that you've written a very plausible description of events that may have taken place. I loved your creative analogy to a film regarding his lack of memory: "It was like someone had edited out a week of his life, and all that was left was a stutter in the movie."

Liked the way you had Sam very slowly remembering what the demon had done while possessing him - just brief flashes of horrific scenes - throughout the story. That journey down memory lane simply tortured him in a way few things can. Sam's visual recollection of shooting Dean coming to him even three years later. Your final sentence sums it up; it probably will never be over for Sam.

I just loved how you got into Sam's head and emotions in this fic. One of the best tags on that powerful episode. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent once again. Until next time...
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Powerful writing going on here. Amazing stuff. Truly bringing the reader to their knees in an terrible understanding of what possession to Sam had and will cost along the way. It leaves an impact long after the reading. Roz.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
You work is always amazing, and this was no exception. The aftermath of that possession was something I wondered about. You explored that and gave me a wonderful, if not disturbing, view of what could have been. Loved it!
22 | « Prev Page 1 2