Reviews for Validated
Static chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Is it bad I want to see her interview zim?
Shadow'sDelight chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
I love this moment for Dib. :) He finally had someone to listen to him.
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Huh I guess Dib is bound to have some good luck every now and then.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Plunderer01 chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
I know this was posted quite a while ago, but I wanted to review anyway. It's nice to see how Ms. Zurri reacts to what Dib has said. The school counselor does what a truly good therapist *should* do - accept the patient's explanation of perception as the truth even if the practitioner herself might disagree. Just because Dib believes in or senses something that may or may not be real to *her* doesn't mean that he's wrong or crazy. She clearly believes that HE believes it, and that is a sign of a competent psychotherapist.

Dib is obviously not bothered by this compromise, and seems happy that someone wants to explore any possible external causes of his problems. That must be a refreshing experience for our Dib as most previous attempts to "help" him usually involve someone mercilessly blaming Dib for ALL his shortcomings, telling him just to "not be insane", getting beaten for expressing himself, or simply locking him up.

Ms. Zurri's quick focus on the other stressors in his life makes me happy.
JoeMerl chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Well, this was nice. Good that Dib can at least get someone to listen to him, if not believe his stories.
Dlbn chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
Someone believed Dib, how sweet! I like how you had him misinterpret her name.

_

Dlbn
Davona Dale chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Aw... Now this is exactly the kind of fic we need to see a lot more of!

I joined this site just a few months ago, but already I have all but stopped coming here, as it has been just too depressing. Time after time I kept finding fic after fic filled with disappointment, defeat and despair, to say nothing of the constant and hideous sadism... and every bit of it all at the neverending expense of Dib!

In fact I don't know who needed this visit more, Dib or myself!

The summary made this sound a lot more encouraging than the title did. I cannot, I simply cannot, find enough good things to say about this fic! Everything about it, from the big to the small, was perfect!

It even actually made up for all the horrible things I've been running into here. I wonder if Dib felt this good after that visit?

If things don't pick up for Dib on this site, or if they continue to get worse, he's going to need regular visits to Ms. Zurri!
Dibsthe1 chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Is it EVER GOOD to see you here again!

Right when I find myself start wondering once more if the entire IZ section is going down the tubes after all, I find this. THANK YOU.

This little fic really illustrates why choosing the correct viewpoint is absolutely crucial. While this is third person, here you make it every bit as intimate as first person. It was especially important to justify Dib's actions when he decided to tell his story yet once more. Behavior as rigidly consistent as this needs to be made believeable.

The part about Ms. Zurri's worried frown when he finished speaking deftly shows she had indeed been listening.

Needless to say, I especially appreciate how you work in Dib's home life situation. The saddest irony here is that Gaz belongs in counselling far more than Dib ever did.

He's found somebody who not only accepts him for who he is, but who actually encourages him to believe in himself, which truly is a first for Dib. Her New Age leanings suggest someone more open than most to the possibility of extra-terrestrial life. Casually, she even mentions interviewing Zim with the aim of determining whether he is indeed from another planet.

This is so far beyond cool! Is it a oneshot? Is that really the end? Even if it is, I can not overstate how refreshing and satisfying a read this has been, and for that, I thank you.