Reviews for In The Middle Of The Night
grey mage chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
great, awesome story. but an elbow to the knee mean a broken elbow.
Daki92 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Definitely a good read
bigherb81 chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Another good one man. You've got a knack for weaving a good yarn my friend. You do a really good job of telling a story it really pulls me in when ever I start reading these things your descriptions, the moods of the characters everything another awsome job my friend.
CastaS chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
great one, i enjoyed it.
righteousindignation chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Great story - a parallel of a sort, one could argue, to the infamous Season Four promo in its own way. This was a very nice KR moment, especially with Ron having Kim's back and vice versa. Zorpox always seems to make a nuisance of himself, doesn't he?
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Nicely done!

I wish I could write a one chapter like that.

Well, maybe one day...

Thanks
SassMasterGeneral chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Another great Zorpox story. I’m guessing both Kim and Ron will be fighting the Zorpox demon for a while.

The think I like about your Zorpox character is he really knows how to hurt with his words.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Well, Kim helped with Ron's fears recently, and made their relationship much stronger. It seems that if she has fears of her own, she'd go to Ron for help with them as well. Zorpox has cast such a big shadow over them, hasn't he?

Interesting how each got separate rooms this time. Guess this won't happen too often after this...

CB73
AtomicFire chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Yeah that was a nice fluff piece, if Ron can call Kim because of nightmares then Kim should have equal privileges.

Thanks for the great read!
mkusenagi2 chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
“It’s not about what I wear.” Kim’s elbow crashed down on his knee, causing him to cry out in pain as she dropped his leg, leaving him to clutch at it helplessly as he tried to limp away. “Or who I pretend to be.”

“It’s about what I do, about who I am underneath that matters. I’m not some little girl, or some cheer leader, or even a super hero.” Zorpox lunged helplessly at her, his arms raised to strike, but Kim kicked past them, straight for his chest, knocking him down to the ground.

“I’m Kim Possible, I can do anything and I’m bored with you Zorpox.” She declared as she looked down on his unmoving form.

Love It.

MK2
Midzst chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Awesome one shot! Nice to see Kim's fears.
Slyrr chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Ah, inner demons. They have a way of coming back though - they always do. Rarely do they give up after one thrashing. Triple-kudos for not resorting to any cheap vulgarity or hanky-panky. That's what I call keepin' it real...

Slyrr
Ultimate Naco Topping chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Excellent work. You perfectly demonstrated how when Kim said to Ron that she couldn't save the world without him, she meant it. Looks like I'll be making my way over to read Dark Legacy this weekend!
cpneb chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
You got my attention with the teaser and the title...

Her lungs ached as they struggled to take in more oxygen. An intense sweat soaked her face as Kim Possible kept running. And running. Straight for nowhere and anywhere away from him!

Great opening, and you pulled me the rest of the way in!

Kim ached to take in several short breaths even as she rose up, eyeing her opponent. Her heart was pounding, her entire body trembling as she could swear that he was getting taller… bigger somehow.

She leapt across the distance between them with a drop kick. Her foot impacted squarely against his chest, yet he didn’t even flinch from the impact as she bounced off him as if he were made of solid steel.

“But take away those cool toys, those hot moves and minus one dumb side kick and do you know who you are?” Zorpox stared down at his opponent, a tiny, timid little red headed Kimmie in a simple sun dress. “You’re nobody.” He echoed, towering over her. “Just a scared little girl.”

And then, he struck.

Every step you take…he’s been watching her for all this time. That’s what a good sidekick does, and that’s what Zorpox has taken advantage of.

It seemed as if she had stopped trembling as she lay, never saying a word. It was only a matter of seconds later that sounds of her breathing settling into a deep and regular rhythm signaled to him that she had quickly fallen fast asleep.

With growing ease, Ron allowed himself to nuzzle into her lush hair as his arm moved down around her waste, his eyes feeling very heavy as a soft smile spread across his face.

“Sweet dreams KP.”

Sometimes, sleep is only sleep, especially when it’s with someone you truly care for…

For a long moment, Kim stared down at him, un-expectantly, until something caught her attention. A red playground ball bounced across the green grass, rolling up to the base of the lushly leafed tree before her.

“Hey KP!” A young, blonde haired, freckled little boy called out from across the playground. “Wanna play catch?”

“Sure.” Little Kimmie anxiously ran over to the ball, picking it up and tossing it after her best friend as the two ran off under the bright yellow sun.

And, the blonde gets the girl…and it’s all as it should be.

Nice use of the action in her head as a foil to sleeping (only) with Ron.

Nice one-shot. I really enjoyed the break.

…cpneb