Reviews for Harry Potter: A Soldier of Misfortune
I love that quote "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" but I thought I was by Oliver Homes or something like that.
This is so weird. You know that there is ads? Well I got a Harry Potter ad when I was reading Shadow Boy and Harry Potter: A solider of misfortune.
I thought that the plot was pretty good up to Voldemorts death but it was VERY bare bones. Not to mention you used wrong words in many places. One instance was when you used the wrong weak. You said 'week' when it should have been 'weak'. Week is the day of the week and weak means that you are not strong in some way. This story felt like a rough draft of a story and could have turned into a 30 or 40 chapter story instead of a 17 chapter one that left me wanting many details that you left out. You also gave spells powers that they can't do, such as the crucio killing Bella. Crucio cannot kill, it tortures only and the AK does not bounce off of stone. It would have blasted the stone into dust, nothing more, nothing less. It's important to do a lot of research before writing a story so that it doesn't go against the fundamentals of the story's universe. Kind of the physics of our universe. You can't beat physics. But I hope that helps for any later stories you have. Good luck
BankruptSamurai chapter 17 . 9/19/2015
Well.

This was . . . okay. Not bad, not great; just kind of run-of-the-mill where original characters became far too "main protagonist" for their own good and where the should-be main protagonist became far too passive aggressive and supplementary to be enjoyed.

And I can certainly appreciate newer, greater threats - but only in crossovers. When it's an OC it just feels kinda forced. Truth be told, I'm glad I read the story but I won't lie and say it doesn't leave you wanting.

If OC's for the sake of OC's is avoided in the future, I can certainly see myself enjoying your work.
Alie-yaoi chapter 17 . 8/30/2015
I like
God of Vampires aka Alucard chapter 16 . 8/22/2015
Um he is immortal not unkillable.
mjw chapter 17 . 6/2/2015
I really enjoyed Shadow Boy and this story up to a point. Towards the end it seemed quite rushed. Several themes / items were introduced into the story in the last few chapters without much background which consequently made it a bit confusing towards the end. But otherwise well done!
spk chapter 17 . 1/12/2015
Loved it! :)
Ivy Jay chapter 8 . 11/18/2014
Umm... So I know that this chapter isn't currently the one your updating, but I felt complled to review it. This story so far is amazing and has a lovely story line that keeps me guessing. Also I would like to comment on your Emerson quote and take a moment to say that it is my favorite quote of all time. I might have it plastered on my bedroom wall... I really love your writing and hope you update soon.
-IJ
twistyguru chapter 17 . 6/2/2014
Heh. Fitting end for Dumbles! :)
twistyguru chapter 5 . 6/1/2014
Have just found this story from the Harry's Revenge community (yes, the fan fics that we do lives on after us), and am enjoying it tremendously! I usually don't like Petunia (child abusers and neglecters are why God gave us wood chippers), but I really, really liked the way she stood up to McGonagall. Yes, it was all about her and not Harry, but it was hilarious nonetheless.

Don't expect me to review every chapter, and these days checking my FF email is a rare thing, but reading fics like this one is a delightful guilty pleasure I enjoy when I'm not doing the other things I really should be doing. :)
Akikarui chapter 17 . 5/31/2014
Haha! I really liked your ending. It reminded me of Lockheart.
POTCmistypotter chapter 17 . 4/15/2014
Don't think I like It as much as shadow boy but still pretty Gud didn't like the ending sorry and didn't understand the bit with the light and Liam did he go Into the wand or something but yeah little confused

POTCmistypottertemple
Guardian54 chapter 4 . 2/10/2014
Shotgun sword. Too bad Harry Potter never realizes this from growing up near a thug (Dudley).
Guest chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...