Reviews for Harry Potter: A Soldier of Misfortune
spk chapter 17 . 1/12
Loved it! :)
Ivy Jay chapter 8 . 11/18/2014
Umm... So I know that this chapter isn't currently the one your updating, but I felt complled to review it. This story so far is amazing and has a lovely story line that keeps me guessing. Also I would like to comment on your Emerson quote and take a moment to say that it is my favorite quote of all time. I might have it plastered on my bedroom wall... I really love your writing and hope you update soon.
-IJ
twistyguru chapter 17 . 6/2/2014
Heh. Fitting end for Dumbles! :)
twistyguru chapter 5 . 6/1/2014
Have just found this story from the Harry's Revenge community (yes, the fan fics that we do lives on after us), and am enjoying it tremendously! I usually don't like Petunia (child abusers and neglecters are why God gave us wood chippers), but I really, really liked the way she stood up to McGonagall. Yes, it was all about her and not Harry, but it was hilarious nonetheless.

Don't expect me to review every chapter, and these days checking my FF email is a rare thing, but reading fics like this one is a delightful guilty pleasure I enjoy when I'm not doing the other things I really should be doing. :)
Akikarui chapter 17 . 5/31/2014
Haha! I really liked your ending. It reminded me of Lockheart.
POTCmistypotter chapter 17 . 4/15/2014
Don't think I like It as much as shadow boy but still pretty Gud didn't like the ending sorry and didn't understand the bit with the light and Liam did he go Into the wand or something but yeah little confused

POTCmistypottertemple
Guardian54 chapter 4 . 2/10/2014
Shotgun sword. Too bad Harry Potter never realizes this from growing up near a thug (Dudley).
Guest chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Guest chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
I was in love with your four Brothers story, so happy I decided to keep reading your work, definitely add you to my favourites next time I can log in xoxo
Guest chapter 17 . 9/17/2013
Great story
Jacquien Esmerelda chapter 17 . 9/5/2013
Loved it
taxzombie chapter 2 . 9/3/2013
I liked the letter concept - up to a point, then it fell apart for me. Not the story, just the letter bit.

I have always had a problem with tales where Dumbledore supposedly loves Harry and wants to give him a childhood - and then sticks him with the Dursleys where is treated like crap. To me the only thing Dumbledore truly cares about is Dumbledore. To me he comes across has having a bigger ego then Donald Trump.

Here you've got Dumbledore training Hermione (plausible), much as I'm a Hermione fan, I can still see her selling out to an authority figure) and Ron (Ron? That's a stretch to me.) while they are both dissing Harry. Nice friends. Dumbledore is stealing his mail and isolating him, so Harry will be more inclined to kiss his wrinkled old ass, but he loves Harry. Right. Got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, cheap. Dumbledore has done nothing of a positive nature so far in this story for Harry, rather he has been shown to be nothing but an SOB and an MOB.

As you can tell I am firmly in the camp that feels that Dumbledore is just Voldy-lite, and sometimes you can drop the lite part.

I enjoyed the second letter more then first and it brought things back up to speed for me, enjoyment wise.

The box and it's note kicked things up a notch as I suspect that a few people are going to be on the receiving end of the book it contained.

All and all nicely done, even with the bumps.
taxzombie chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
Nice hook to the start. His friends are shown to be not his friends, Dumbledore is exposed as the MOB and now he's got new neighbors that may or may not be after his head. (Going with not, but still, nice twist)

I look forward to reading this.
ob1292 chapter 17 . 8/1/2013
an interesting story I wish you had added more to the end even a short epilog about Harry and the others fixing problems and building families. Good job
heksie chapter 17 . 5/26/2013