Reviews for Eyes of the Beholder
Lost Password chapter 3 . 9/6/2012
Just discovered this (and Shoemaker's Son) the other day, but didn't have a chance to review until now. This review will have my thoughts from both stories, so that I don't spam your inbox. Only 6 reviews for 150 hits? Blasphemy!

For the most part, grammar and spelling is good, though I can usually find a few typos. Descriptions are vivid without droning on and on. And chapters, while being average in length, more than make up for it by being above average in content. Makes for quite an enjoyable reading experience.

The date and the trash tornado are very well done. It sounds quite beautiful. Jeez, Sasha is the master of the mixed message, isn't he? And why is it that I find his cigarette moments to be so wonderfully entertaining? Milla, when she takes his cigarette away, reminds me of a bit of concerned, doting girlfriend.
A couple of things I am uncertain about is 1) the time period (before, during, or after the game and also the year) and 2) the subject of Sasha's eyes. Milla mentions that Sasha didn't always wear his sunglasses, and that he glares at her over the rims, but then later says she's never seen his eyes and doesn't know his eye colour.
Absolutely great! I love how you characterize Sasha and Milla, and Ford is so funny! Looking forward to seeing how you show Truman. Also, love how you describe the Collective Unconscious and Sasha's Mind. Writing about such trippy, symbolic worlds is difficult, but you do it in both a way that makes sense and is pleasing to read. Milla's pet names are adorable, Sasha being called baby doll was quite endearing.

So Ford trained Sasha, huh? Will we ever see any interactions between them? Student-mentor relationships are always fascinating.

Ooh, I wonder why Sasha was in the hospital? Please update! I must applaud you; usually when fanfic writers try to write mysteries and set up for big reveals, you can usually guess what it is. Not so with yours, though, your readers are on edge from set-up to reveal. Well done!

I am really enjoying your stories, and look forward to seeing what happens next. Most of the Sasha and Milla stories I see here are Raz/Sasha, Sasha/Lili, and Raz/Milla... (I get that it's fanfiction... but they're like ten! Ew!) so it's refreshing to find one that's well-written, intriguing and involving my favourite characters in a central role.

All in all, quite an enjoyable read, and I look forward to seeing what happens next. I do hope you plan to update soon, as it's been several years. As another reviewer said, don't base it on the hits. A loyal, loving fan base is a far better audience than the faceless masses.
agcrocks chapter 3 . 2/27/2011
I'm really enjoying this story, It's quite interesting but it hasnt been updated for a while. You gonna update? Great work on it.
madamwolf chapter 3 . 11/8/2008
Is there any chance of an update? I'm really liking this so far and I read 'The Shoemakers Son' awesome story too.
TheOptimisticPessimist chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
Aw...giving the librarian some lovin...We librarains have no lovin...'I can hardly be called one but its what I do baby...' UPDATE! You know you want to! MENTAL SHOES! DO IT FOR THE MENTAL SHOES!

~Molly
agent.mint chapter 3 . 12/31/2007
I may be poking a dead horse as it is an entirely new year. However, the story is a pretty white horse with a very fancy saddle and such, and I'd like to see it live again. I enjoyed both The Shoemaker's Son as well as this story, and would come out of my reclusive state to review some if you do indeed decide to write more. So there; praise, a prod, and a metaphor to rival the toilet one... well, maybe not, but still. ;

Please write more~

-kr
anypenname chapter 3 . 12/22/2007
Wow, this is such a gripping story! I enjoyed reading SHOEMAKER'S SON a lot and am so happy you decided to make a sequel to it. This storyline is very interesting, and you have a clever writing style that makes reading a real treat!

I hope you haven't given up updating this. Psychonauts doesn't have as many fans as it deserves... but it's great to see such high-quality fiction being written for it!
Bara no Shinsei chapter 3 . 12/10/2007
OMG WHY AREN'T YOU CONTINUING THIS? This is HONESTLY the BEST Sasha/Milla story I read! Please continue! Pretty Please? Seriously...do it!
Kallastrophe chapter 3 . 9/26/2007
Don't base it on the hits. NEVER base it on the hits. Some people read quickly and only review on ones they think are worth it. Others don't have an accounts. Others still wait until the end to review, instead of reviewing each chapter. And again, others are assholes. Besides, shouldn't you write a story for you and not for reviews? And you have 10 more reviews then you did when you started. AND might I add that 'hits' doesn't mean it's not the same person reading it at different times. What, are we supposed to review every time we read the same chapter?

This is quite good, and you have me wondering what you're planning. Don't stop just because of a lack of reviews. Please finish this. It's unfair to the readers who actually DID review to leave us hanging.
LavenderValley chapter 3 . 9/15/2007
I love this story! Keep going, I really want to find out why Milla found shoes in Sasha's mind...:D
DDR Freak chapter 3 . 9/9/2007
I have to admit, this is one of the better stories I've found in the Psychonauts section of It, and The Shoemaker's Son, are both wonderfully interesting and well-written, and you've really kept Sasha and Milla in-character. Kudos to you. I do hope that you get your motivation back; it'd be a shame to let such a good story just sit around incomplete.

-DDRFreak
PerfectlyStormy chapter 3 . 8/19/2007
I'm disliking you now. Really disliking you. _ Write more! Please? I command thee! *crazy command face*

Now, aside from the craziness... I am in love with this story. I want more! MOAR PLEASE!
karli chapter 3 . 4/13/2007
great so far! everyone is totally in character, which is gurd, and the story line's keeping me really interested to know the outcome ;)

oh, can't wait for the next chapter now you've mentioned it!

(i mean seriously, Ford? Squirrels? OMG yay! XD)

post soon!

karli
Afalstein chapter 3 . 4/12/2007
Highly intriguing. Milla seems a little... I don't know, flamboyant or inconsiderate to Thaddeus here, but oh well. I like how you handle Sasha though, and Ford's character is hilarious. The hints of past operations and the mystery surrounding Sasha is very interesting. Keep at it!
Lemon chapter 3 . 4/1/2007
I like how it's realistic to the characters, and not candy-coated or awkward. Keep going! _
Lavendervalley chapter 3 . 3/26/2007
Well done! I really like this, everyones in character! I love Ford comparing Sasha to a toilet. It gave me a very disturbing mental image, but It was still funny! Yay. I like pie. Please keep going! *Gives virtual cookie*