Reviews for Sooner or Later
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I love that quote you used for the summary...that's amazing :D

aw! that's such a great story! I love it! And that's coming from a Christian too ;) lol...

great job! :D
Rachelly chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Hey Faye- what an absolutely wonderful fic! I adore it! I love young Sam's budding faith here...to see where it may have begun. He was hurt and alone and prayed and then felt like he wasn't alone...beautiful! I loved the contrast of John's beliefs...in family only and the blending of the two in Dean. Trusting his dad and yet questioning what happens when family fails and if there might be something more to trust in...Sammy being the one to make him consider God! Awesome! I love Pastor Jim's thoughts here too. This is beautifully written...truly! I was looking for some good fic and knew I would find it on your stories page! Oh, and I loved the limpness and Dean's gentle caring of Sam! Squee Thanks for sharing your wonderful writing talents with us!
Nicola Silvera chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Yet another fascinating story. I love little Sam hes so cute and adorable hehe.

By the way, you are one tough writer to keep up with. everytime i log on theres a new story. I dont know how you do but as long as you dont stop im fine with it

Nicola Silvera
hink chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
hmm, decently written, i suppose. lots of religious/evangelical-type babble in the beginning; a warning would have been nice. the kid's 9 years old, and as the saying goes 'there are no atheists in a fox hole'. kinda seemed like brainwashing. i liked john's point of view. i dunno if you were trying to have him come across as bitter to the world and 'wrong' in his views, but they make far more sense than most of what jim said. faith in your family, yourself, and loved ones are the true things that get you through every day life and all else. loved how little sammy believed in Dean so much. there's a lot to be said for the concrete and physical and REAL people having your devotion and trust, those who deserve it anyway, than a supernatural/religious entity.

eh, kinda went off on a tangent. anyway, you got most of them in-character, i think. sammy was a little ooc, i don't see either of the boys as religious, despite a mention of prayer on the show. people use the term in a generic sense all the time. same as saying 'oh my god' doesnt' mean your religious. still, he was young in this so i suppose the characterization would be different.
xsilicax chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
That to me epitomises the difference between Sam and Dean. Sam seems to want/need something more than the hunting lifestyle, whereas Dean is pretty satisfied with what he has.

I loved questioning!Sam at the start of the fic, such a brilliant depiction of a kid. And I have vivid memories of my brother always creeping over my side of the car (though he swears it was me). There was one question I really wanted Dean to ask his father at the end: "If God doesn't exist where does holy water come from?"

I would have loved to see John's reaction to it.

I really enjoyed this.

Cathy.
elemental-sparky chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
very cute, fantastic as always :)
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
It's always easier to believe in bad than in good. It makes a lot of sense to me that Dean has the doubts he does, but it makes just as much sense that Sam has faith. I like how you've explained how Jim planted those seeds in a young Sammy.

And don't think I didn't notice you limped the poor boy yet again, LOL.
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
Interesting take on when and why Sam started praying...it had to begin SOMEWHERE, and with a father and brother who are angry with God, I'm sure Sam didn't just wake up one morning and decide to start having faith. Makes sense for Jim to have a role in it...I'm still pissed that they whacked him so soon.

"Sam believes in all kinds of crazy things," he said. "The kid refuses to think like you or me ever do."

Dammit, John. Ever think the problem could be with YOU and not Sam? ;)

- me
Riana1 chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
I adore what you did with Jimmy. As much as I love the boys, it is fasinating to see the shadows they throw onto the lives of others and how the rest of the cast sees them.
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
What a great concept...you've blended faith into Sam's life in a believable way. And of course it makes sense that Jim would have had an influence in that direction for a young Sam.

You also gave us limp!Sam and protective!Dean.

Fabulous.
Kyriebess chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Aw! I loved this! You wrote little Sammy so well- and it was such a thoughtful piece! Sam's last conversation with Pastor Jim touched me.

Thank you so much for writing it! It was wonderful!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.
pwrhungryjr chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Nice and sweet!
shmrck14 chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Fantastic as always! Just loved that last line.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
What a lovely, lovely story. The quote is perfect - not just for SN, but for life. And I loved how you made Sam's faith so simple and yet so devout at the same time. HotH was truly a favorite, and images like this are part of the reason why.

Excellent storytelling, as always! :)