Reviews for The People We Are and the People We Pretend to Be
Guest chapter 9 . 6/9/2013
So Ryan's fully aware that Marissa can be hurtful to Taylor but thinks its totally okay to ask her out and take care of her instead of Taylor...? You make hints that he likes Taylor but all of his actions point toward liking Marissa. Frankly, if this is how he behaves when he likes Taylor, it's hurtful and she shouldn't be with him. She's shaking at Cotillion and he leaves her to check on Marissa... If he truly likes her, then that doesn't make sense. When Ryan likes someone, he does EVERYTHING for them. He's never leave her in that state.

And now, she's got a date, three days after he KNOWS she cried herself to sleep because her half sister blamed her for her parents divorce, and he asks Marissa on a date...? I mean, he couldn't hurt her worse if he was trying. I get that you think this is how a triangle goes, but it mostly looks like Ryan/Marissa with a rejected Taylor who keeps getting her hopes up only to have them dashed.

Also, the pacing is way too fast. You jump from scene to scene without any pause. It's be better if you took the time to flesh out each scene and character. Instead, you skip over all the middle stuff to get to the next blow to Taylor's self esteem.
Emily chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Please update and continue this story.
Liv Marie chapter 15 . 7/3/2009
I love this story. It's so great! What happened? Leave us hanging here is just pure evil. You should totally know that.
Lori2279 chapter 15 . 6/13/2008
I'm reviewing. I'm liking. Please update. I love Taylor and Ryan. :)
Anon chapter 15 . 3/24/2008
More? Please? I really think this story needs many, many, many more chapters! Please update.
Tina chapter 15 . 3/9/2008
I hope that you continue this story. I really enjoyed it, and am interested in where you were going to go with this.
Azrael38 chapter 15 . 2/26/2008
Really good story! Are you still updating? Don't let this one fall off of the path.
fireinanigloo chapter 15 . 1/15/2008
I am loving this fic. Please keep going.
delilah88 chapter 15 . 12/12/2007
Hey, a like the story but as a huge an of ryan and marissa i not pretty sure of haw i feel about the fact that your using their moments for ryan and taylor, lake the Thanksgiving part.
thekiller00 chapter 15 . 12/11/2007
That was a great post ! I can't wait to see what happens next !
drumstiix chapter 14 . 12/7/2007
please post more when u can!
forgottenMisfit chapter 14 . 11/30/2007
Aww, the story is unfolded, i am kind of interested to see how Taylor fits into the crazy life of Julie Cooper. she isn't the daughter anyone seems to want, and she is kind of left out. she is lost in the bubble of friendship an her sister has kind of overstepped the Taylor bubble on the way to Ryan. What is a girl to do when she is settling for Luke and her heart really wants Ryan? I guess she sits and waits. I do quite enjoy this thanksgiving twist for sure though. Ryan and Taylor are getting some of their own time together, will this mean more for them, will truths come out? Curiosity ensues. Lets see where this ball goes. Thanksgiving here we come.
cellyflip chapter 14 . 11/28/2007
o!

i'm glad that Taylor was in the car with ryan to go see trey

shes a billion times better than Marissa

hehe i cant wait for the next update :D
KaiaRay chapter 14 . 11/28/2007
Your story is really good! I am hoping that Marissa and Ryan break up soon so he can be with Taylor. I love them together! Hope you update soon!
was-an-angel chapter 14 . 11/28/2007
hey, glad you updated this story... nice chapter... i wonder when RT would get together...? soon, i hope :) update soon!