Reviews for The Cat and The Iceman
KitChi chapter 13 . 1/10/2011
I added this to my favourite (coz you're awesome and I love it) even though the part where she dumped Gunnar (and when he still wanted her no matter what) gave me a migraine.. sdnbsjhbfaskjfbakj .

Still love you though Going to go check out your other fics.. (I'm in serious need of a happy Gunnar/Julie ending right now)
HaloFin17 chapter 13 . 3/9/2009
NO! This was so amazing up until the last couple chapters. Gah, I'm so depressed now. Thanks a lot, m'dear ;-) It was a good story, though - full of drama, passion, and romance.

And while I know she felt so much more "right" with Portman, I still love the J/G pairing. Hehe, maybe it would feel more "right" to her if he was still playing hockey and she moved back to Iceland with him? Just a thought, but one I will most assuredly let my own imagination ponder over for a while ;-)

And hey, on the (somewhat) bright side...at least dearest Gunnar is available again now, right? And who knows? Maybe the heartbreak will send him back to the homeland and make him pick up a hockey stick again.

Ah, how much yet goes unsaid...

Lovely fic, hon, and thx again for bringing it up! No shame in recommending your own work when it's appropriate, I'd say D

Later!

HaloFin17 chapter 12 . 3/9/2009
No, No, NO this is NOT funny anymore! Why is this girl blowing it? Blowing it, I tell you! Argh, this is simply infuriating. What are you trying to do to me, girl? My poor emotions don't know what to do with themselves, and now there's only one chappie left for things to turn out right.

Or, so I can hope...

HaloFin17 chapter 11 . 3/9/2009
Bah, what's wrong with this woman? She seriously needs to work out some issues...otherwise I'll be happy to take Gunnar off her hands. As would many others, I'm sure D

Gosh, but it was all too perfectly ironic: her and Gunnar, Connie and Rick. I hope it all still can be... :-(

I'll have to see!

HaloFin17 chapter 10 . 3/9/2009
No way! Rick Riley of all people? I so did not see that coming. Almost as good as Sanderson, lol ;-)

Nice twist!

HaloFin17 chapter 7 . 3/9/2009
No, No, No Jules, don't miss Dean-O! Gunnar is so much better! And hotter too, if I do say so myself D

HaloFin17 chapter 6 . 3/9/2009
Yuck, that is so NOT a pleasant surprise when you wake up in the morning. I'm glad that, at least so far, Julie's going for Gunnar instead of Dean. I couldn't bear to see it any other way! Personally, I'd say it's no contest ;-)

HaloFin17 chapter 5 . 3/9/2009
Ah! He even cooks! I wonder what qualifies as traditional Icelandic quisine?
HaloFin17 chapter 3 . 3/9/2009
Opera, huh? Classy dude, indeed. Also, I think "ex-enemy" might be appropriate, lol.

Oh, forgot to mention that I'm kinda bummed he's not into hockey anymore. He was so good! And still is, I'll bet. But alas, it seems not meant to be.

Bummer about no contact with former teammates, either. Hehe, I was almost hoping our favorite wingman Olaf Sanderson would show up at some point, just to make poor Connie a nervous wreck. Lol, I know he was rather a jerk, but he's still a fun character to play around with. Or some I'm finding D

HaloFin17 chapter 2 . 3/9/2009
Hmm, what a schmooth guy ;-) Gotta love him!

HaloFin17 chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Hey, this is quite good so far! I'm most intrigued. I think you've done a great job capturing Gunnar, especially in the dialogue. The way you have him talk is something I can totally envision - quiet, slightly accented (yes!), and still with a certain touch that says it's not his native tongue. Excellent!

And yes, girls, he really was that cute ten years ago. I'll just invent an excuse for you and say you didn't notice cuz he was wearing a helmet most of the time you saw him ;-)

Thanks for telling me about this one! I hadn't come across it yet, and I'm excited to read more.

footychick chapter 13 . 3/5/2007
aw a happy endin altho i wish it kept on goin lol ah wishful thinkin o well lol i hope u continue 2 do sum more wonderful fics but with julie and adam lol hint hint
account-deleted-1990 chapter 13 . 3/4/2007
Awsome ending! You have to write a sequel! I love this story!
spikeyhairgood chapter 13 . 3/4/2007
aw i love the ending. portman better treat her right this time, just like gunnar because if he doesn't.. well, then you'll just have to write a sequel where he learns his lesson. aaw carla and charlie ') ah rick and connie. loving the pairs here. i thought scooter was going to pop at some point because of the conversation between julie and rick. ah the damn duck chain, and this line, "I love you, you idiot" screamed rory gilmore to me. loved it, loved this story.
Elyse Black chapter 13 . 3/4/2007