Reviews for Alone
cannonfodder43 chapter 20 . 11/28
Another excellent chapter from you Jeff. I absolutely loved it, the wait was very well worth it. Nice to see what happened to Blunt and the others in Lima after their foray to Sigma Octanus Two. Haze is fraying and Blunt is still in limbo. A very well done and unique action scene you set up there on Troy with how they defeated the Elites. It is a shame that Holmes had to go unfortunately. And now the Transit has changed. I loved the technical talk between Lawson and Pennington regarding space-time, transportation and how that relates to the Transit. Loved it all.

Will be waiting for more and to see how this develops. :D
Heatwave222 chapter 19 . 8/10
Man, it's great to see another chapter up after these years and it's nice to see my character Holmes still up and kicking.
125 chapter 19 . 8/4
Read through this one lounged in the backyard, a cold one next to me. Just really excellent summertime reading, man. I've missed this!

I really liked the meeting between the higher ups. Really emphasized the fact that the military is just one big bureaucracy, and Lima doesn't operate in a void. There are still top men to please, and this crazy plan might be hamstrung by costs. I like that there's a general who won't sign off on this because he'd never heard of Lawson's avengers (SWORD) until today-I'd like to see more of that guy later on, please!-because these top-secret/elite units shouldn't all get a free pass, right? And Lima is definitely not infallible.

Liked seeing your take on SO-II as well. Man it takes me back. Things were appropriately tense and weird. Can't wait to see more interactions between Blunt and Lima now for sure.

And Haze is getting pretty mouthy, eh? He's all up in Penn's face, which is fun to see. Can't wait to see that manifest throughout the rest of this.

That ending, as well. Lima survived this one but I'm not sure what you have in mind regarding Lawson's combat trials. I'm suddenly getting nervous.

Cheers for the update!
cannonfodder43 chapter 17 . 8/5
I loved the dream section on Blake and Amy's encounter from long ago. It was very well done.
cannonfodder43 chapter 15 . 8/5
So good, touching and inspiring.
cannonfodder43 chapter 14 . 8/4
Well I have reread everything back up to this point again and I have to say that this new version of the story is MUCH better than the original version. It flows so much better.
cannonfodder43 chapter 19 . 8/2
Well... I check into my story alerts this morning and find a new chapter for this put up. I have read the whole thing and was happy to see why it has taken so long to make. Great content in this chapter and I like how you incorporated Mr.125's "Where Duty Ends" into your story. (btw wasn't Colonel Mattis in the Army according to other stories?)

Will be waiting for more.
TheHungryPanda chapter 18 . 3/29
This fic has brilliant structure so far and probably the most enjoyable Halo fic I've read by far! I just can't wait for the next update. Also, I have one question: Will Lima Company have any impact or take part in on the canon when they set foot on Reach?
lynda.key1 chapter 25 . 7/5/2014
Had to read the entire story again to get back into the characters and such. Definitely a better ending than before. It had seemed wrong to bring back Gunny after he made the ultimate sacrifice. This is war and soldiers die. Period. His was a good seat...smiling...
125 chapter 26 . 7/3/2014
Hello Lima, again! I'm super excited about the direction the story's taking already. While the trilogy might have been given second thoughts, it is also equally as ambitious (if not more so) to cram and condense a novel-length story into 3 crazy chapters. Looking forward to the chaos!

I really liked the scene between Pennington and Lawson, as well. It was kind of intense. Lawson showed some edge that I don't think has appeared in this story yet, and I know I'll be keeping my eye on him. It also sets the mood for what's to come, and we're getting that TSP experience delivered like a shot of espresso.
Mr. 125 chapter 26 . 3/9/2014
Well, I was laid out with the flu all this weekend and so I read through Alone in its entirety (start to end) for the first time since its original 2007 run. Not only is it tense and memorable, but it holds up extremely well. I'd forgotten how gripping it was, jumping into enemy territory, crawling through the brush (and hugging a mine), all leading up to the big North-side defensive... There was still that sense of amazement when I found out Gunny Smith was still hanging on in captivity, and when the Transit came to life unexpectedly at the end. Wow. And you even got a chill out of me with only two words: "I know."

Such a worthy go-around this time because there are threads I never noticed before and details I'm finding now that I simply could never appreciate seven years ago the way I do now, and most of all I'm very excited... I had an idea involving this (and the crossover, but very much this...) that I'm dying to see if it has any legs at all. I'll run it by you whenever you have a moment free.

But regardless here I am finally saying thank you for writing this. Hell of an adventure, and happy I could experience it again over the last few days.

FrznThndr chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
First of all, nice work. An admirable lack of spelling and grammatical errors aside from a few instances of word misuse. In chapter 13, for example, "Amy was there standing firm, her stoichiometric outlines glowing with a buoyant confidence." Stoichiometric is a term used in chemistry to describe the process of finding the amount of reactants and products in a reaction. Aside from that there was a wide range of appropriate vocabulary, something rare in fanfics. The flow of your writing also appears to be more natural and less cliched than most fanfics I have read, but your plot overall appears somewhat implausible when one steps back to consider the situation. The formation of an elite unit under the command of a gunnery sergeant would be unlikely to occur in reality given the logistical issues of personnel, supply and training. Furthermore, the idea of entrusting full responsibility of the "Transit" and its use to a single lieutenant does not appear to conform to the canonical view of the UNSC. On the other hand, your character development and interpersonal relationships are quite in depth; you appear to excel at conveying human emotion. Finally, despite the fact that this story is less than perfect I still enjoyed reading it, which I think counts the most. I look forward to the completion of Alone: The straight path.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
Honestly, more character introduction is needed in the early chapters. Other than that its GREAT.
Leo The Lucario chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I am going to read this, since ive been reading Mr125's stuff. just wanted to say, did you mean to have 77,777 words? or is that just a coincidence?
pacificuser chapter 13 . 3/19/2010
Ok,I really enjoyed reading this chapter... Good work ol chap!