Reviews for Hoi Polloi
CarrieVS chapter 6 . 7/8/2010
This has potential.

The plot 'bracket' what I've seen of it 'bracket' is not bad, and the characters are pretty good.

Your writing could do with some work. There's a lot of clumsy wording; I get the impression you write each bit quite quickly without taking much time to look at what you'd written. It's a shame because it could probably be pretty good.
Twist chapter 6 . 3/18/2008
Oh, the lulz. And many they were. :D I have a deep, unnatural, creeper-level affection for this story.
Twist chapter 5 . 1/2/2008
I honestly can't believe I haven't reviewed this chapter yet. D: I love this story, and try to make a point of reviewing stuff I read all the way to the bottom and enjoy. So yeah, liking this very much! Hope to see more soon. :D Downey cracks me up and your style is lovely, if not exactly like Pratchett's. Hey, a little individuality and flair never got anyone hurt, right? :P
Mariatta chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Downeys first names are never revealed in Pterrys books,but I am sure that they ARE James are so appropriate.
GrayRobes chapter 5 . 9/21/2007
Are Downey's feet so bad that no one would touch his socks? It sounds like it.

Casey is such a trooper. I love her already. I also love the fact she tries abandon Downey's sorry butt. As a nice consolation, at least she put glass in his hair "accidentally."
GrayRobes chapter 4 . 9/21/2007
Marvelous. I love the internal battle of vetinari helping vs. vetinari letting Downey die. And they both are such appealing options. I'm glad he's going to save him I can tell he is, becasue you wrote anothe chapter.

Yay for vetinari! Yay for Dwoney, who probably wouldn't survive without him!
GrayRobes chapter 3 . 9/21/2007
Thank you SO MUCH for putting in the word scag. For some reason, it is my favorite word.

Yay for Casey for gettign captured! Long may she annoy darling Downey!
GrayRobes chapter 2 . 9/21/2007
Poor Casey. So happy and so...naive and oblivious. May she bring havoc on Downey's head. Amen.

But I noticed at the end, pushing up flowers in any sense...is still a reference to getting killed. :)

go Downey for attempting to do his contract.
GrayRobes chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
I love Downey in this. He is still pretty dumb, but he has that overall "god-let-me-live" attitude.

Casey seems like an accident waiting to happen. Although in the books, in Downey's day, girls weren't in the Watch. But this is a fanfic, so well done.
Big Cat chapter 5 . 7/29/2007
Very good job. I love how you added the small details into the action. Good onya! Brilliant writing! Please, do continue.

Cat
Mad Possum chapter 5 . 7/27/2007
This is a really good fic, and you've managed to make Casey irrepressibly optimistic in a funny way, not an annoying way.

Can't wait for the next installment!
TeacupMonster chapter 4 . 3/20/2007
I have no clue as to why I avoided your story*, because it's incredible! I can't wait for more!

-Teacup

*well, actually I do, it's because there are a lot of stories that suck, I'm not namin' names...
Big Cat chapter 4 . 3/19/2007
Hillarious, great! I like the way you step into Chagal's description manner. Really. Hope you'll post soon.
Twist chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
How do your actions affect the Chesapeake Bay? WELL LET ME TELL YOU. You dump your trash out right, and the crabs, being crabs and also stupid, they eat it. FEAST, even. And then, because your trash is TOXIC, they die. CRAB MURDERER.

Not that I live in the Chesapeake Bay area and have heard that speech my entire life. Oh, no.

:P All light-hearted questions of crestacean homcide aside, I love your story. Can't wait to see what happens next chapter! :D
CMOT Dibbler chapter 3 . 2/25/2007
"Casey?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

I love it _ Keep up the good work! Downey is so underused. I love Downey :3

Can't wait for the next update!