Reviews for Old Magicks
Farr2rich chapter 6 . 8/17/2009
Actually, your fight scenes were pretty good. Very good, if this is your first time writing them though honestly a little short for my taste. Curious as to the history Jinx and Terra have: they seem like they know each other personally, and I liked how her memories were linked to her powers.
Farr2rich chapter 5 . 8/16/2009
Definitely looking forward to Beast Boy's powers. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's turning into as type of Rogue from the X-Men. Anyway, looking forward to the next installment tomorrow (definitely done for the night).
Farr2rich chapter 4 . 8/16/2009
Don't recognize the anime influences, but I am interested in where Beast Boy is going. Very late where I am, so I will probably not do too much more reading.
Farr2rich chapter 3 . 8/16/2009
I think I see where your going with Terra- that will be interesting. It will be fun to watch Raven dodge her own emotions, and I'm wondering if Cyborg is going to try to get his old body back. Well, this definitely has my interest, and I look forward to the next chapter.
Farr2rich chapter 2 . 8/16/2009
Didn't expect the ending, but I liked it. Raven seems very concerned for her friend here: I like the way your changing her around. The clerks and other people are weird though, lol.
Farr2rich chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Hey, I like to review each chapter as I go along, so expect... at least 8 or nine more of these. Liked the chapter, ambiguous enough to catch your attention, but not so muddled as to actually confuse and make the reader give up. Think you could have added some scene dividers between character POV's, but that's just my opinion.
ShylohJaye chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
awesome start!

off to read the rest..

notintoships chapter 2 . 10/3/2007
Interesting enough read for both plot and suspense, but one criticism: just tell us the color. Depending on the variety of apple, a ripe one could be red, green, or yellow. Same with murky pond water: red or brown algae, iron oxide, cobalt, or chalk deposit runoff...all kinds of color wheel possibilities in a 'murky' pond. Not a major criticism, but irksome nevertheless.
RabulaTasa chapter 8 . 9/25/2007
Hell yeah, boot camp! PI or San Diego? Do you know which battalion and company you're going to be in? I was 2nd BN Hotel Co, PLT 2056 at Parris Island... most interesting Summer I've ever had, that's for sure. It'll be even better for you- I was there when the old Commanding General was leaving, and the new CG put in a whole lot of fun new stuff (like firing the M249 SAW and the AT4 trainers- all we got to shoot was the M16).

You're going to have the time of your life there. My one piece of advice: practice keeping a straight face, even when you want nothing more than to bust out laughing until you asphyxiate. DI's love to make you laugh, and then kill you. A good deadpan will save you a /lot/ of pain.

I look forward to hearin' from you over boot leave!

-John
azariel chapter 7 . 9/17/2007
dude, this fic frikkin' ROX!

i was planning some thing similar... how did you get inside my mind?

seriously, well done thus far, and,
RabulaTasa chapter 7 . 9/14/2007
You know, I found myself wondering why you hadn't updated this in like eight months, only to find that I had somehow managed to forget to put the story on alert! Bah. Well, that's been rectified, at least. I'd hate to miss out on more of this.

-John
Hero07 chapter 7 . 6/30/2007
Hey, I missed you :) This is one of the fics that I'm always eager to see updated, and usually I'm pretty picky when choosing fics to read too. I have no idea why more people aren't reviewing your story, since I love it! Maybe they're just lazy...

But when I update my next fic I'll make sure to point this one out, and maybe more people will swing on over to this one and read it. Can't wait till next update!
Hero07 chapter 6 . 5/22/2007
Yet another great chapter. Well done ;-)
The Flying Frog chapter 6 . 5/22/2007
What do you mean you can't write actions scenes. That was fantastic (though I did get lost in the names of the characters)

Keep writing as you are skilled.
bbissocute chapter 5 . 4/16/2007
God I love the way you did Kyd Wykkyd. The way you wrote his thoughts and feelings was wonderful. And funny. Great job on this chapter. I really like what you did with Beast Boy. Keep up the wonderful work,

bbissocute