Reviews for For the Sake of Science
Clock chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Wow... This is terrible! (In a good way) But it's so wonderfully chilling...
It's so innocent and subtle but then kinda cruel but I can totally relate to how Kaito feels! Like that guy is just there and always so chill but you find a tiny little hint of a weakness and you just REALLY WANT TO CONFIRM IT!
Just wow... this gives me the shivers.
Cookie Heist chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Ooh, chilling and totally in-character for the both of them. Kaitou is such a fascinating character because he's human, and an ally, and still he can be so cruel. His interactions with Kurama are so interesting.
shasha chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
This is really good, and something I could see Kaitou doing. I wish there were more fics about him, he was my favorite of the three teen psychics.
Alli-dunno chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
I love the strange friendship between Kurama and Kaitou. I believe that Kaitou should've played a bigger role in the series than he did.

Excellent one-shot...
Lucathia Rykatu chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Lovely. Kaitou really can be cruel, but then, Kurama is indeed very fascinating, hence why Kaitou can become so intent with finding out Kurama's limits. Loved how their conversation seemed so 'friendly' and normal, and yet it's all very guarded.
Adi88 chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
[Ah, and so I bungle through. Actually - this is a bet, because I have not read yet - it is possible we’ve discussed these happenings enough that I will know what the background is. This certainly all sounds like fairly known territory.]

Hee-hee! Non-chronological order! Yay! Oh, this is gonna confuse the heck out of me and I shall be grateful. No, I’ll get it by the end. But it’s fun.

Hm. People are being very crafty. Very crafty indeed. Kurama especially, but that’s rather a given, as he does that when he breathes. I don’t know from Kaitou - aside from the rivalry thing - but evidently he is being very triksy in something here. I’m watching him! This is exiting and mysterious and I am pleased.

“Kaitou wondered for a minute if it weren’t a bit cruel, and just when intellectual curiosity had overcome his morals.”

- Ah-hahaha. Evil shall triumph. No, but setup and a lovely line. Oh yers.

“You mean because we both sound human?”

- OUCH. Below the belt much? Mean, mean.

“Kurama attempts to photosynthesize, the joys of life as a plant-master…”

- Oh, why’d it have to get cut? *whine* I suppose it isn’t really in keeping with the tone at the moment… maybe. But it would have been fun. You should use it somewhere. An, I’m just waiting to see if he’s going to get back at Kaitou or pull a Dream and teach him a lesson in a more helpful sense of the word. Ooh. Hadn’t thought of the fun with the two meanings of that phrase…

“Curiosity had killed the proverbial cat, and it seemed to have done away with his ethics as well.”

- *Weevil laugh* I like that one, too. Damn, all these lines about morals are going to have to go in my pocket. Oh, and, while we’re on immoral vs. amoral, paraphrase of April from Everworld: “Does it really matter? What’s the practical difference between having no morals and having bad ones?” I disagree, personally, but it’s fun to use.

“I suppose in the face of such a noble endeavor, I have no choice but to agree to assist you.”

- Mm… Can just hear him saying that. Lalala. That lovely snark. But really, he’s so fun. And… “noble.” I don’t know. I’m just having a ball with the good/bad/who cares dynamic. [Although I am unsure why figuring out this game’s… answers? is so important.]

“Was he really so delicate that this amounted to flaunting his weaknesses in his face?”

- Oh, I LIKE that. “Yes, I hit you, but it wouldn’t have hurt if you trained more.” Kaitou is the Genkai of teenage boyhood. Only less… hm. I was going to say more self-interested, but until Genkai gets all parent-he-never-had for Yusuke, she is fairly self-interested. I guess it’s more that she was always interested in improving and changing him, and Kaitou just wants to see how Kurama IS.

“Just when had a thirst for knowledge allowed the desire to watch that pretty face fall apart?”

- Okay, this would be my favorite line yet. So… Karasu-ish or something.

ZOMG WTF? That’s it? You are an evil person, evil! Damn, I was reading with my bit at the bottom again and I thought there was way more. Gorram. *snaps whip* You shall write a sequel! Posthaste.
Gnos fo Ytinrete chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
Cruel, to be sure. But the kid comes back to life, doesn't he? Koenma used the powers accumulated in his pacifier to bring the kid back, didn't he? I think that's what I remember seeing anyways...

Ja ne.

Liliana
hragaman chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
*huggles fic* I love your introspection pieces
Blossomwitch chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
_ I'm increasingly becoming interested in the relationship between Kaitou and Kurama, so this fic really hit the spot. I loved your pointing out that what would seem casual or mistaken or even subconscious cruelty in someone with less intelligence or care is very deliberate in both these boys, and I loved Kaitou's mixed feelings towards Kurama, and also his regarding him as a scientific experiment, and the Goblin City bit... oh, hell, I just loved it. :)
Katia-chan chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
It's...wow, and makes me all unsettled and intrigued and squealy all at the same time.

I love the offhand cruel comments, and the self questioning, which seems to imply that ethics aren't quite so easily discarded, even when they're blatently thrown aside...I just love Kaitou in general, and this is wonderful.

Definitely worth not-defenestration, I love my cookie!

...Even if it is an evil cookie. :)

TTFN