Reviews for Deerstalker
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
SEQUEL!
zmanjz chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Very interesting, but there was one moment where things went awry. Holmes reacted as though he had though striking someone was a new experience, but we know from the first book "a study in scarlet", that Watson tells us that in addition to his mental skills, Holmes is an expert boxer and swordsman. Xander, is also quite experienced in fighting. Thus the reaction is out of character as both Xander and Holmes are quite used to fighting.
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Very nice, a lot of little touches that still work five years later, like Angel being surprised at Xander/Sherlock's civility. This also let's one happily imagine changes to canon with Xander going from "the One Who Sees," to "the One Who Thinks."
DarkStrider chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Love it! Would love to see more of this one, especially all the lynchpin moments throughout cannon seen through the mind of the World's Greatest Detective!
Pyro-Neko-Isis chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Interesting
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Absolutely LOVED that last line!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
loved it.
Vorpal chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Well, it is an interesting story, and well above average, although removing the initial reference to 'ACD' on the pipe would improve much of its message considerably. Combined with the summary, it moved from 'foreshadowing' to 'anvilicious'.

On the other hand, the characteristic intelligence of Holmes didn't really show through-the literary Holmes' deductions were frequently based on an intimate observations of various minutiae and an enormous knowledge of what to most people would be very obscure, combined with an understanding of psychology. In Xander's case, however, much of it was simply broadcast to an extent that anyone who is not a fool should be able to come to similar conclusions. Finding the receipt in his own pocket simply took the cake-a lucky break every once in a while is quite fine, but since the story didn't really convey that Xander-Holmes is a great detective anywhere else either, it was instead like a final straw. For the most part, Xander-Holmes is riding on past literary reputation, rather than any impressive feats in this story.

Also, and this part could just be me, but I failed to appreciate the ending because I have a very low opinion of Doyle's intelligence. This was a man who insisted that Houdini has supernatural powers (even despite Houdini's own protestations that all he did is use clever tricks) and that was fooled by paper cutouts of fairies in a photograph, taking it as evidence that fairies exist. Whatever his literary talents, he was far from a clever man any respect relevant to actual detective-work (i.e., where you don't get to control the setting and plot to make answers come out right).
Memory King chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Absolutely amazing!
WraithRune chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
oh! I love it!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Awesome.
phoenix's shadow chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
you should soo add to this it would be soo great!
stickzx chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
This is a very superb spin on the Halloween episode. I loved how you decided to be different and dress Xander as a character not known for fighting skills or super powers. Instead you went for intelligence instead and it worked so well. I hope you one day decide to continue this.

Also I would like you recommend you adding your stories to "twisting the hell mouth" (just google it).
American Soldier chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Excellent, nothing less than excellent.

I've read almost every bit of literature about Detective Holmes and, I have to say, you fic does him more justice than any other I've ever read. And, to put him together with Xander, that just makes for good reading. I wish you'd do more of this, it would be quite interesting to see Xander act with the mind of Sherlock Holmes as a driving force.

AS
Metropolis-Rising chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
I really like this fic. As a big fan and writer of Halloween fic, I've read a lot of them and this one rises well above the pack. You've got a non-powered highly analytical character taking control of Xander and using his brain without showing everyone else up. The ramifications for this particular version of the Buffy verse are pretty astounding considering that so many of their big problems were caused by simple innatenttion to detail, something tha Xander Holmes probably wouldn't let slip past too often I'm thinking. Fascinating and well written, thanks for this!