Reviews for Above Reproach
beartes chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
Okay. You know the expression 'you paint with words'? Because you do. Even if this is a beautiful mess of a painting.
(Just to be clear. Hinata met Itachi at a young age and could have fallen in love with him, but did not (He, I believe, did. As much he was capable I suppose considering this is a sociopath Itachi) Then she grew up, met Naruto, the so famous Rokudaime and became his wife. She loved him. Then, at the mountains of I-can't-remember-too-lazy-to-look-up Itachi fought the Naruhina team and ended up killing Naruto. Hinata, heartbroken, alive, and confused (?) must think of the village first. So she masquerades as her husband (And at this point Hinata had to leave her meek nature behind, didn't she? She need-must be strong) Then Itachi comes back. This discovers the second reason for Hinata's charade: revenge. She can't win in a fair fight, so she doesn't even try -she is a kunoichi, so subterfuge is her nature. Itachi comes back, bemused by the rumors of a living, breathing Rokudaime that he had killed and Hinata plays with him. She has a plans and as Ophelia she will stand beside her Hamlet, in this case, even in death. So she lies, as easy as she breaths and she paints with half truths and beautiful unattainable smiles a picture so enchanting, so misterious, than even esclusive Uchiha Itachi is enraptured by it. It works. She leaves behind a life that must taste like ashes and regrets with two letters, one for the Elders, the rulers of the village, and one for Sakura, the teamate of her love, the future Hokage? (Like a Tsunade-sucessor. She must be the only one left at the village with the power necessary for it. Clearly, Sasuke is nowhere in this.) So she goes with the murderer of her husband and feigns love.
She poisons him, slowly with love, with mistery and ideas and taints him with emptyness. She is also poisoning herself (She is weak and sentimental and remembers a sweet voice by a well and wonders the what ifs.) She tries to kill him, maybe even succeds and Akatsuki find her. They torture her, day after day, bone after bone, bruise after blue. She is a picture of black red and blue. She refuses to talk (Betray her Village, betray the last memory of her love, betray the empty hole that should be a heart that for some reason loved her. She stays silent so she stays true) then, in a final daring move she escapes. Not to survive, not to hide, but to chose the place of her death. Like malign spirits plagued her house after a violent death, her violent death will haunt them. Hidan knows, more or less, and fears. 'God have left us' He said, lost in memories and He did. She dies in the bed of the river, the only river that there was and even if it was pitiful sight (like she always was) it reachs the sea. And the sea revenges.
Have I gotten it right?
Regardless, it was a very beautiful story, you truly have a way with words. every word that I read was like a whisper in the back of my head, painting with flumes and mystery, enigmas and conodrums, haze and smoke and even if I could not see the picture clearly, it shone to me. Like a song it started slowly and the beat changed rythms suddenly, unexpectly but without ever losing its soul. I couldn't find the right notes or even attempt to repeat it but to say that it didn't appeal to my ears would be lying.
Congratulations is such an amazing narrative! Good luck in every other story you have yet to finnish, I would like o read it very much!
Beartes, a fan.
Ps: If I have mispelled excuse me but english isn't my native tongue and I don't have time to readproof
Pss: Teach me how did you do such a confusing a beautiful thing?
Confused chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
This tried so hard to be artistic and in the end all it did was leave me confused. This story isn't mildly coherent. It does not flow. The resolution makes no sense. Why narrate in the first person plural and also jump to second person? I just don't get any of it.
Mala137SHL chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
I notice some reviewer feel a little bit confused. Thank God! So I'm not the only one, hahaha... XD
So, Hidan pov is after Hinata kill Itachi, right?
It's so tragic... And very very cruel.
amr56 chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
This story is amazing. It has two of my favorite characters, and you bring them to life so wonderfully. The imagery is beautiful. The style is strange, but in a very good way. It's engaging and brilliant. Thank you for sharing.
FlowerPrincessoftheUniverse chapter 1 . 5/10/2015
Woah... wow.
Library Dragon chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This is incredibly beautiful writing - I admit that it's difficult for me to see Hinata as...well, Hinata mainly because we see a strong, confident, if worn, woman instead of the shy stuttering young girl we are used to. I really do like this personality though; it's just a shame that we don't see more of it.
woodlandfairykirk chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
amazing(:
anlmoon chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
This is interesting. I wouldn't know what to do if i was Hinata though I thought it was best to kill Itachi even if she did love him. The story was very engaging though there are parts I'm confuse at. I was wondering Hidan POV happen before or after Hinata killed Itachi. Or it was Itachi or Hinata who some how cause a white light and plan the how act so Itachi could have Hinata to himself. Overall enjoyable. Thank you.
nikol chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
In all honesty you've left me speechless, I love the story but now I feel like crying. I feel sad for what happened to Hinata and wish it didn't. That by itself would, and somewhat has made me hate this story, but at the same time the writing was... wow
boagarota chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I'm just leaving a review because such beautiful style deserves it, but I'm not saying anything. Agent of the Apothecary's review does say everything I can think of, and with lots of coherence where I'd have lost myself. Let's leave it like that. )

Good job!
Nerd4ever243 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Oh hon you have made my perfect fanfic! I love you! I feel very late in reading this but oh well it's still here hehehe. Serioudly though this is my kind of fic. Dark/Romance is my thing though it does say Suspense whatev lol. I like the endind A LOT. :sigh: doomed love is so awesome. I don't like Romio and Juliet though so that kinda doesn't make sense hehehe. I love your writing it has few to no mistakes and grammer is bwootyfull(lol). I shall fav this.
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
wonderfully done.

never saw ophelia that way.

genius.

5/5
Lucy Ash Hawthorne chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
cool
sseleman chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Very nice work. I haven't read anything as tragic as this in a while. Your descriptive writing really helped bring the emotions out in your readers, and it effectively kept confusion away. The ending was totally unexpected for me, and I found myself mourning character after character as the final act drew near. Truly loved this one. Keep up being excellent!
Jessie chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
wow...

that was intense, and thought provoking.

brilliant.